Boz Boorer: new tracks released today (May 19, 2022)

It's only right that Boz would cover this song.
Wonder if he's gonna translate the lyrics.

.. staying true to the original…

very nice …

Artist notes: "James Maker suggested Initials BB as a cover a long while ago and as I prepped the backing track, I found a great old documentary about Serge Gainsbourg producing the track – I've always loved the original arrangement. We listen to Classic FM a lot and my wife Lyn recently pointed out the similarity between this song and Debussy's 9th symphony. The only time I have managed to get my wife and both daughters in the studio at one time to sing backing vocals to James's interpretation of the lyrics. James also persuaded to me to put some Boz guitar on it and the final chord is thanks to Tim Polecat, he showed me the last chord of the James Bond Theme, recreated here."

Last edited:
Really good stuff. BB is supremely underrated and often overlooked when it comes to songwriting. He is not about flash and posing like some, and his knowledge, understanding and versatility is not something that can be faked.

happy b-day to Boorer, the man that was/is
a part of which that has brought so much happiness to peoples lives.

Rock never dies

.. staying true to the original…

very nice …

Artist notes: "James Maker suggested Initials BB as a cover a long while ago and as I prepped the backing track, I found a great old documentary about Serge Gainsbourg producing the track – I've always loved the original arrangement. We listen to Classic FM a lot and my wife Lyn recently pointed out the similarity between this song and Debussy's 9th symphony. The only time I have managed to get my wife and both daughters in the studio at one time to sing backing vocals to James's interpretation of the lyrics. James also persuaded to me to put some Boz guitar on it and the final chord is thanks to Tim Polecat, he showed me the last chord of the James Bond Theme, recreated here."

Kinda sweet that he had his wife and daughters
singin' on the chorus.
Came together real nice.

This is great and already missed. Having Jesse chopping up Smiths/Moz classics with power chords destroying the melodies, along with the hodgepodge collective ensemble, the shows have been fair at best with the only saving grace being an updated set list. In the end, the paint only covers the cracks in the foundation and sadly this structure is crumbling off in boulder chunks.

Love how diverse Boz's stuff is. From his tracks with Morrissey, Adam Ant, Polecats and the 538 other bands and artists he has worked with, he always seems to bring it.

...I don't like covers ("YES WE KNOW") but this one's allright.

Mr Maker's articulation has been appreciated. ✅

BB covers BB !

The original song was written by the great Serge Gainsbourg when he had a short passionate love affair with the goddess Brigitte Bardot, arguably the most beautiful natural blonde, with not a redone nose

I’ve listened to that Gainsbourg song hundreds of times, and this cover is ACE!

...I don't like covers ("YES WE KNOW") but this one's allright.

Mr Maker's articulation has been appreciated. ✅
James Maker and Boz doing Saunders Ferry Lane is quite good.

Happy 60th birthday to you, Boz.
I don’t know why, but good day tomorrow reminds me of Madness.
The Gainsbourg cover is nice too.

I hope older brother Morrissey bought the younger BB a nice gift for his birthday.

Happy Birthday Boz! Wish I could be at your party! You have been the best member of Morrissey's band EVER! No one better. All the best..dedicated to you....my fave T-Rex song.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom