Boz Boorer feat. Art Brut’s Eddie Argos - "Girl From Atlanta" video

Re: Boz Boorer feat. Art Brut’s Eddie Argos - Girl From Atlanta video

Southern Bell: Watch Boz Boorer and Art Brut’s Eddie Argos find a nice ‘Girl From Atlanta’

"[...] Now that the Morrissey tour is over, guitarist Boz Boorer can turn his attention to more pressing matters. Like helping find Art Brut’s Eddie Argos a nice “Girl From Atlanta.” You know, the anglophile type with dyed red hair and a lip piercing. A real Southern Belle.

“Girl From Atlanta” is the duo’s new single, out June 20 on Fabrique Records, and we think it’s the best collaboration since Au Revoir Simone hooked up with Nikolai Fraiture of the Strokes on that Mazzy Star cover. [...]"

BozBoorer_byCarmenChaplin1-1200x520.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

BOZ: Moz, I've done this demo that sounds a bit like the Pixies, and I was thinking...

MOZ: No.

BOZ: Moz, I've done this demo that sounds a bit like the Pixies, and I was thinking...

MOZ: No.

I have a healthy respect and admiration for Boz, but that seems perfectly plausible in this case. It does have being better than The OneThree going for it. Yes, that's faint praise indeed.

Southern Bell: Watch Boz Boorer and Art Brut’s Eddie Argos find a nice ‘Girl From Atlanta’ - Vanyaland

"[...] Now that the Morrissey tour is over, guitarist Boz Boorer can turn his attention to more pressing matters. Like helping find Art Brut’s Eddie Argos a nice “Girl From Atlanta.” You know, the anglophile type with dyed red hair and a lip piercing. A real Southern Belle.

“Girl From Atlanta” is the duo’s new single, out June 20 on Fabrique Records, and we think it’s the best collaboration since Au Revoir Simone hooked up with Nikolai Fraiture of the Strokes on that Mazzy Star cover. [...]"

Pre-order @ iTunes: http://bit.ly/SDfKcu

Last edited by a moderator:
It's awful. No melody, flat voice. The girls from Atlanta are launching themselves into the nearest alley at a pace.

Not familiar with Eddie Argos. Is this style of delivery his "thing" or something?

As a Pet Shop Boys fan, I'm used to a bit of stylish dead panning, but that vocal was way too flat for the whole song...

What with Eddie Argos and that appalling cockney rapping baffoon, Boz should save himself for Moz.

I've spent worse 4 mins. However, I've had more satisfying shits too.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom