Boz Boorer Birthday Bash (Staten Island, NY - May 21, 2022)

Boz is turning 60 and we are gonna have an all-day hoe-down with him and some of his favorite people and best friends! Come on out to Staten Island, NY on Saturday May 21st. There will be live music all day long. Special guests and of course the Boz All-Stars will be playing to finish off the night. Here’s a link to the Facebook event page. Boz All Stars Birthday Bash … feel free to email [email protected] with any questions!

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Boz Boorer Birthday Bash (Staten Island, NY - May 21, 2022)
Posted by tomsfedup
Maker Park- Staten Island, NY
Saturday, May 21, 2022 - 03:00 PM
Until: Saturday, May 21, 2022 - 11:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/New_York)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/New_York

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
No fights, don't imagine negative things! Boz and Moz were together for decades, the multi-instrumental Boz is going to be missed, but there is no official statement of anything. Boz, some of the moz fans want to see you playing next to Moz, something is missing on stage! Let's hope he and his wife do very well !!!! Boz returns !!!!!. Maybe he covers some shows, it would be nice, to say whether or not he continues with Moz!!! Long live Boz and Moz

I'm going. Just bought tix. Is Boz living in Staten Island now? Maybe it's a "What We Do in the Shadows" thing (the tv-series)

I'm going. Just bought tix. Is Boz living in Staten Island now? Maybe it's a "What We Do in the Shadows" thing (the tv-series)
Great! Thanks for coming, it is going to be a great time. Hope you find me (Tom) and introduce yourself! As far as BB living in Staten...not currently! But he IS a vampire!

Great! Thanks for coming, it is going to be a great time. Hope you find me (Tom) and introduce yourself! As far as BB living in Staten...not currently! But he IS a vampire!

I know you can’t make any promises. But is there any chance members of Wu-Tang will be making guest appearances? otherwise it’s pretty much a night of rockabilly.

Congrats boz

I know you can’t make any promises. But is there any chance members of Wu-Tang will be making guest appearances? otherwise it’s pretty much a night of rockabilly.
Funny enough, Cappadonna hangs out down there pretty regularly and I’ve met him and had him sign a record for me so…ya never know!!

It'd be nice for a Boz return and a Jesse departure.

(Yeah, like that would ever happen. Jesse is holding onto the gig with a death grip as he doesn't amount to much in any situation).

will it be the end of the world if bozz isnt on stage with M,for me he zoned our years ago,dont think iv ever seen him smiling in all the concerts iv been to.
This is a valid point. I’ve always noticed that Boz went from rockin’ the stage, often going from one end to the other, and you could see he was totally zoned into just playing good music live.

Then I noticed starting in ‘92 he started becoming quite the ardent supporter of Stoicism. As we see in the Glamorous Glue video and in the live vhs/dvd ‘Introducing Morrissey’ he never cracks a smile. Even when Alain is trying to get him to look at him during Now My Heart Is Full to jam together Boz is in his own world. I think that’s just his style.

But didn’t Morrissey tell him (through a third person obviously) to tone it down a bit?

The only other time I’ve seen him smile was the Tomorrow video as he and Mozzer bang hands, and the smile shows a missing tooth in Boz’s smile.

Thank you Boz for co-writing some of Morrissey’s greatest songs and being his musical director (and I’m assuming trusted confidant) for so many years.

It will always be a criminal act that I Can Have Both was relegated to a B(oz)-side.

Be well and safe all….

This is a valid point. I’ve always noticed that Boz went from rockin’ the stage, often going from one end to the other, and you could see he was totally zoned into just playing good music live.

Then I noticed starting in ‘92 he started becoming quite the ardent supporter of Stoicism. As we see in the Glamorous Glue video and in the live vhs/dvd ‘Introducing Morrissey’ he never cracks a smile. Even when Alain is trying to get him to look at him during Now My Heart Is Full to jam together Boz is in his own world. I think that’s just his style.

But didn’t Morrissey tell him (through a third person obviously) to tone it down a bit?

The only other time I’ve seen him smile was the Tomorrow video as he and Mozzer bang hands, and the smile shows a missing tooth in Boz’s smile.

Thank you Boz for co-writing some of Morrissey’s greatest songs and being his musical director (and I’m assuming trusted confidant) for so many years.

It will always be a criminal act that I Can Have Both was relegated to a B(oz)-side.

Be well and safe all….
well said,he is rockabilly so maybe thats what gets him going.

will it be the end of the world if bozz isnt on stage with M,for me he zoned our years ago,dont think iv ever seen him smiling in all the concerts iv been to.
The day Boz said yes to the dress was unofficially the end for me. Dog on Chain was such a great album and his songwriting presence was not missed at all.

Be well and safe all….
He has written some great tunes for Morrissey. I noticed him not moving as much once he started to pack on a large amount of weight. I would say that would kill your enthusiasm to jump about or at least move a bit on stage.

I'd be fairly certain there was no falling out - if Boz can work with Morrissey for nearly thirty years and still be in Morrissey's good books, then it would take a hell of a lot to break that bond. My interpretation of the Vegas line-up last summer was, and I would be happy to be corrected on this, that the band members were US-based so travel and such was easier at a time of COVID restrictions etc. Throw in the Boorer family's experiences with COVID, and perhaps it was not worth the risk, which presented a lovely opportunity for Alain to rejoin the fold.

I've met Boz a handful of times, nothing more than a quick chat over a pint and such, and he is a polite, friendly and jovial character. Whatever he does with the rest of his days, he has my complete support.

Is Boz still involved in Morrissey camp?

I'm assuming this year's tour dates will feature the same lineup as the 2021 gigs (Alain, Jesse, Solomon, Brendan Buckley, and Gustavo)?
I think this is a big question mark still but recently Boz did post a pic on facebook with him next to a Queen is Dead sign or advert or something. If he was 100% anti-moz I doubt he posts that but he's also trying to sell records and have a music career and even if he's not longer doing anything with Morrissey he still might want to keep himself attached.

Far too much to speculate on. I wouldn't put too much meaning to anything other than a statement saying he's out or him showing up.

I think this is a big question mark still but recently Boz did post a pic on facebook with him next to a Queen is Dead sign or advert or something. If he was 100% anti-moz I doubt he posts that but he's also trying to sell records and have a music career and

even if he's not longer doing anything with Morrissey he still might want to keep himself attached.

In regards to detaching himself from Morrissey, I don’t think Boz has much of a choice there. In the same way members of The Smiths can’t detach themselves entirely from The Smiths. And so, Boz will always be attached.

Just speculation, but as he gets on in years, I think he just doesn’t want to spend the rest of his life touring. And I don’t blame him, especially if he’s financially situated to take a slightly different direction and be his own boss.

I’d be surprised to see him fully touring with Morrissey again. But I wouldn’t be surprised, if he still sends Morrissey demos for songs, that’s if they still have that kind of relationship, we don’t know.

And what would be the problem with that? Rockabilly rules, Wu tang sucks.

Anyone go to this? Just wondering if Alain or any other of the Moz band/crew turned up?

From the FB live footage at the time and subsequent posts, it appears there wasn't any other band members in attendance.
FWD.

Screenshot_20220523-165232~2.png

Back
Top Bottom