Boycott Morrissey Concert Until He Lifts the Ban on David

Re: Why real Morrissey fans should boycott Morrissey-solo.

How is “jm26” less anonymous than posting with the anonymous option? Unless we all start using our real names with our passport picture as our avatar then it’s silly to say get rid of anons. How is a post by “born in 1975” stating he doesn’t think the new songs are not up to par any less "poisonous" than an anonymous post? They’re both anonymous opinions. Besides, Moz or his people haven’t specifically said it’s the anonymous posts they disagree with.

Don't bother being rational and logical; your post makes FAR too much sense for a lot of people here to understand it.

This is a recent post from a "fan" about Morrissey's recent ban of David Tseng from all his concerts.

If you really love Morrissey, leave this site. There is more hate here than anything else.

Judging from this http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threads/115594-Anonymous-posting, David Tseng clearly doesn't care what people write. It's all to easy to be cruel and hideous if your identity is hidden. Why do you think LittleGossip and similar sites cause so much controversy?

DO WHAT MORRISSEY WANTS AND LEAVE THIS WEBSITE FOR GOOD.

I, for one, am. I am a real fan and this is not a fan site. I'll take my admiration elsewhere.
There’s a difference between a fan site and a discussion site. I don’t know which this one is supposed to be but seems more like the latter. Fan sites always strike me as places full of nodding heads and little free thought. I greatly prefer discussion, but I do think this place would be more enjoyable without the personal attacks.

Getting on-topic with this post, though, is there a litmus test to determine a “real fan”? There seems to dichotomy between fans who believe themselves to somehow be loyal to Morrissey and those whose loyalty mostly lies with the music. How is one more real than the other? And isn't being loyal to a person you don't actually know, the more unusual position?

I already pledged my support. Seen him live 8 times since 2002. Not going again while davidt is banned.

How is “jm26” less anonymous than posting with the anonymous option? Unless we all start using our real names with our passport picture as our avatar then it’s silly to say get rid of anons. How is a post by “born in 1975” stating he doesn’t think the new songs are not up to par any less "poisonous" than an anonymous post? They’re both anonymous opinions. Besides, Moz or his people haven’t specifically said it’s the anonymous posts they disagree with.

My point is that half of those who just criticise everything he says/does/produces, wouldn't be on the site if it was registration, or if if it was controlled somehow, via a newbie forum for instance.

As I said before, many, many of those who post as anon are not Morrissey fans, thus they shouldn't be on the site. It's very strange, but people do go on sties of artists/bands that they dislike/hate, and chat shit. And it leads to a stream of negativity.

Absolutely nothing wrong with criticism, but what i'm referring to is a different thing entirely.

I've heard from others privately who have sold/given away tickets and do not plan to attend any more because of this ban. I really do not expect anyone to do this and don't hold it against anyone if they still go to concerts, I mean, I would go if I could! But if someone chooses to not want to go because of this it ban, it is certainly in my eyes taking a stand for something they believe in and that is not always easy.

The support is appreciated. I will continue the site as always though, I think it would be a lose-lose situation for both sides if it were to shut down.

I'm glad you're in good spirits. Personally, after the first time he sent his lawyers after me I would have packed up my toys and gone home (cursing him along the way). I'm relieved you are not pulling the site down because much like you I truly hope he comes out of whatever the hell phase this is and begins to resemble the person we all were entranced by in first place.

My point is that half of those who just criticise everything he says/does/produces, wouldn't be on the site if it was registration, or if if it was controlled somehow, via a newbie forum for instance.

As I said before, many, many of those who post as anon are not Morrissey fans, thus they shouldn't be on the site. It's very strange, but people do go on sties of artists/bands that they dislike/hate, and chat shit. And it leads to a stream of negativity.

Absolutely nothing wrong with criticism, but what i'm referring to is a different thing entirely.

Completely agree.
I have no why idea as a ''FAN'' site, such obvious trolling is allowed to go without moderation.

I agree with your entire post but the Morrissey machine will roll on without you and me.

The strongest statement we can make is to continue to post here and say what we mean, at least until we are forcibly removed.

Obviously it bothers him that this site exists. Let's stick to our guns and speak up.

There will be many who oppose us for opposing Morrissey. Let's tell it like it is, take no prisoners, and make no excuses.

I say...f*** 'em all.

Agreed.

It pisses me off that David maintains this site (read: work) for over a decade and yet is banned from attending a concert.

So, just so I have the logic squared up: there are people here who want to be able to go to a Morrissey concert and then run home and post their experience on Solo - all the while the person who is cataloging concert dates, maintaining the very website they'll be using is barred "for life" from going to a concert? There is something really wrong with this thinking, or lack of thinking.

And can someone illuminate for me the rationale behind why David was banned? Was it for eating meat, wearing leather, or simply because he hosted a website where others could share their views? This can't be about leaked material and such because that is hosted offsite and if that were the real issue Moz should be decrying smithstorrent.co.uk or any number of torrent sites in which his material can be easily downloaded.

No, it seems this comes solely from a place of vanity and bullying. It is very unbecoming.

Finally, I'm going to go back in the news items as there was a story not to long ago in which a personality of some import was stating Morrissey was openly making fun of some of his most ardent fans. I thought it mentioned David. I didn't really read it because, at the time, I thought it was rubbish. Now. it seems that this resentment towards this site, towards David have been around for awhile. But I should probably read that first before writing that last statement in stone.

wozzles and ALL friends of wozzles are boycotting. solidarity.

Wozzles, there is power in a union. First, emblems, signs, and slogans are important (see: joseph goebbels). We need a Moz-Solo solidarity avatar or signature. Do you have, or know anyone who possesses artistic ability and who is up to the task? I would do it myself; however I routinely lose games of Pictionary to small children...

Agreed.

It pisses me off that David maintains this site (read: work) for over a decade and yet is banned from attending a concert.

So, just so I have the logic squared up: there are people here who want to be able to go to a Morrissey concert and then run home and post their experience on Solo - all the while the person who is cataloging concert dates, maintaining the very website they'll be using is barred "for life" from going to a concert? There is something really wrong with this thinking, or lack of thinking.

And can someone illuminate for me the rationale behind why David was banned? Was it for eating meat, wearing leather, or simply because he hosted a website where others could share their views? This can't be about leaked material and such because that is hosted offsite and if that were the real issue Moz should be decrying smithstorrent.co.uk or any number of torrent sites in which his material can be easily downloaded.

No, it seems this comes solely from a place of vanity and bullying. It is very unbecoming.

Finally, I'm going to go back in the news items as there was a story not to long ago in which a personality of some import was stating Morrissey was openly making fun of some of his most ardent fans. I thought it mentioned David. I didn't really read it because, at the time, I thought it was rubbish. Now. it seems that this resentment towards this site, towards David have been around for awhile. But I should probably read that first before writing that last statement in stone.

Are you still talking?

I am going to boycott any future Morrissey concerts until he lifts his lifetime ban on David. I don't believe the ban on David is justified. Regardless of Morrissey's views on this site, punishing David is not the answer. If David were actively working to harm Morrissey, financially or otherwise, I would have a totally different opinion.

In my opinion, and it is just that, I relied on this site during the seven years Morrissey did not have a deal. I have come here for knowledge, information, and to feed my Morrissey fix. I cannot even begin to place a dollar figure on what this site has meant for my purchase of concert tickets, singles, tee shirts, books, and more.

By banning David, I believe Morrissey's motives are clear: he is trying to do what his lawyers couldn't shut down the website. The idea of an artist attempting to censor criticism is beyond the pale.

I appreciate and thank David for the innumerable hours he has devoted to this site for over a decade.

Therefore, I will boycott every/any future Morrissey concert until David is allowed to attend. I hope others will join me.

I've got tickets to Brixton. If I had known this before I bought them I wouldn't have bought them. I will go but Brixton will be my last Morrissey concert. I'm just fed up with it. I mean banning David, it's just not on. I don't want to spend my money on someone who treats his fans like this. It's just not on. He's such a diva.

I've got tickets to Brixton. If I had known this before I bought them I wouldn't have bought them. I will go but Brixton will be my last Morrissey concert. I'm just fed up with it. I mean banning David, it's just not on. I don't want to spend my money on someone who treats his fans like this. It's just not on. He's such a diva.

If you really feel that strongly, why don't you give your ticket to someone who'll appreciate it? It's a bit shaky on your moral high ground, there.

I'm glad you're in good spirits. Personally, after the first time he sent his lawyers after me I would have packed up my toys and gone home (cursing him along the way). I'm relieved you are not pulling the site down because much like you I truly hope he comes out of whatever the hell phase this is and begins to resemble the person we all were entranced by in first place.

So, all in all how many people will not go to Moz concerts now? I say at about 50 at the most 100 and I am being kind-so that will make no difference at all.
Me thinks some people have got their minds in a mess. I can understand if you are a friend of Davids you would want to show some loyalty BUT to people who like Moz and his music, you will regret missing out on live shows- his live shows where he shines brightest.
I don't think Moz cares one way or the other about David as such..I think he was happy for the free Promotion this site gives him (though that can be gotten other places).Then it got to the point where too many nasty things were said about him,his family, his friends, his band mates, his records. Then you have people uploading his songs before they have charted. I don't think people should upload things you can buy in the shop or at least give him a chance to chart.
Yes I know Moz has made money from us all and he is richer enough to never have to worry about dosh again the truth is though, every lp not brought means less money for him, a lower chart position and makes it harder for him to get a label or if he does get one then harder for him to stay on it- something which for him has always been troublesome anyway.
I have heard a few of people talk about the money David lost travelling to see Moz but how much do you think Moz has lost due to this site?
I think the reason some people are backing David here is not really to support him but instead they want to feel part of something. In real life they may not be part of anything, in Morrisseys life they are nothing (as much as they would like to think otherwise)..but on this site people think they have a place. I think it shows people have lost their way...The person who bought them here has not really changed that much, yes he has become lazy, yes he has become a tad greedy- too many greatest hits type things (it would have been nice if he would have done a little more for the fans)..but mostly he is as was.

This will all blow over soon...

Last edited:

This is a recent post from a "fan" about Morrissey's recent ban of David Tseng from all his concerts.

If you really love Morrissey, leave this site. There is more hate here than anything else.

Judging from this http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threads/115594-Anonymous-posting, David Tseng clearly doesn't care what people write. It's all to easy to be cruel and hideous if your identity is hidden. Why do you think LittleGossip and similar sites cause so much controversy?

I, for one, am. I am a real fan and this is not a fan site. I'll take my admiration elsewhere.

Personally, I don't like anonymous posting which is why when I log into the website, I go the Forum's section. I couldn't even begin to tell you what the tone of the front page replies are and I really don't care. There is alot more to this site then anonymous front page trolls. That's why the Forums are so cool: there's always someone who knows more about a particular area, has a an old concert and is willing to share, and I for one have learned a ton from the Forums not to mention experiencing concerts (Hollywood Bowl for example) which I never would have been able to enjoy otherwise.

So, all in all how many people will not go to Moz concerts now? I say at about 50 at the most 100 and I am being kind-so that will make no difference at all.
Me thinks some people have got their minds in a mess. I can understand if you are a friend of Davids you would want to show some loyalty BUT to people who like Moz and his music, you will regret missing out on live shows- his live shows where he shines brightest.
I don't think Moz cares one way or the other about David as such..I think he was happy for the free Promotion this site gives him (though that can be gotten other places).Then it got to the point where too many nasty things were said about him,his family, his friends, his band mates, his records. Then you have people uploading his songs before they have charted. I don't think people should upload things you can buy in the shop or at least give him a chance to chart.
Yes I know Moz has made money from us all and he is richer enough to never have to worry about dosh again the truth is though, every lp not brought means less money for him, a lower chart position and makes it harder for him to get a label or if he does get one then harder for him to stay on it- something which for him has always been troublesome anyway.
I have heard a few of people talk about the money David lost travelling to see Moz but how much do you think Moz has lost due to this site?
I think the reason some people are backing David here is not really to support him but instead they want to feel part of something. In real life they may not be part of anything, in Morrisseys life they are nothing (as much as they would like to think otherwise)..but on this site people think they have a place. I think it shows people have lost there way...The person who bought them here has not really changed that much, yes he has become lazy, yes he has become a tad greedy- too may greatest hits type things (it would have been nice if he would have done a little more for the fans)..but mostly he is as was.

This will all blow over soon...

I don't know if we can ever measure the net effect of this website of total sales. My gut feeling is it is a net positive, I.e. Yes I received leaked Quarry tracks before the album was released, but this did not stop me from buying the Quarry album, the deluxe edition, and all the singles released. I suspect I'm not alone. I can't begin to tell you how many times someone purchased a 7" vinyl but didn't own a record player! So, I guess we agree to disagree. No worries.

The other point you made which really struck me: "The person who brought then here has not really changed that much." I would vehemently disagree with that. Since That's How People Grow Up, there has been a change. Lyrically, in interviews, I've wondered on these forums after hearing the Janice Long tracks what 20 something Morrissey who wrote Get Off the Stage would think about this current incarnation. I think he has changed, and that's normal. Am I less of a fan because I prefer ROTT to YOR? I been savaged for that position which has always left me wondering if the people being critical understand the massive hypocrisy they're spewing: so I'm a bad fan for dissing YOR but they are with Morrissey and good fans because they believe ROTT sucked and YOR is great?! Aren't we both stating we don't like one album? But if you don't like the current album, the flavor of the day, your opinion is somehow less valid, or you just don't get it. Strange...

If you really feel that strongly, why don't you give your ticket to someone who'll appreciate it? It's a bit shaky on your moral high ground, there.

What's shaky?

Do you believe David should be banned for life? If so, why do you continue to visit his website?

If you don't believe David David should be banned, what's wrong about making a statement? A statement that we don't like the way the person who has devoted thousands of hours to this website, not to mention cash, is being treated? What did David do to warrant this barring?

This last point is not in response to your post but everyone realizes the massive rime commitment this website is? Do you have 1-3 hours a day everyday to maintain the website. This website has thrived because of the work put in. The site is updated daily. That is a massive undertaking for over a decade.

Finally, what I find sickening is how many dismiss the idea of taking any kind of stand on this issue but will gladly enjoy the fruits of David's labor. Personally, I think that position is wrong.

And you've just only joined???? Who the hell are you??? I've never seen you on here! christ....

And you've just only joined???? Who the hell are you??? I've never seen you on here! christ....

I'll give you a hint, his name begins with "Chris" and ends with "Solorzano"...

What's shaky?

Do you believe David should be banned for life? If so, why do you continue to visit his website?

If you don't believe David David should be banned, what's wrong about making a statement? A statement that we don't like the way the person who has devoted thousands of hours to this website, not to mention cash, is being treated? What did David do to warrant this barring?

This last point is not in response to your post but everyone realizes the massive rime commitment this website is? Do you have 1-3 hours a day everyday to maintain the website. This website has thrived because of the work put in. The site is updated daily. That is a massive undertaking for over a decade.

Finally, what I find sickening is how many dismiss the idea of taking any kind of stand on this issue but will gladly enjoy the fruits of David's labor. Personally, I think that position is wrong.

It's been a year since I posted, I came back to see if the site was really shutting.
I don't give a shit either way about David being banned, it's Morrissey's show, Morrissey likes to hold a grudge, so that's that. It's no skin off my nose.
It's David's CHOICE to run the website. We don't owe him anything for it. It's clearly a big interest of his, and he said he enjoys it, despite all the poison in the air, so let him get on with it.
Plus, David didn't stick up for me in the past when I needed him, so no, I'm not going to side with him, someone I don't like, over someone I really love with all my heart.
Make your pointless stand, but you'll be standing pretty much alone, or with other idiots.

Tags
boycott morrissey-solo
Back
Top Bottom