Boycott Katy Perry

D

Dave

which won't require you to do anything at all differently I hope. But here's why!

The Smoking Gun has uncovered Katy Perry's concert rider, and, along with the standard bits of ridiculousness (French ornate-style floor lamps, white and purple hydrangeas, no eye contact from chauffeurs, etc.), there's an unexpectedly troubling bit of information. Apparently, Perry and her team reserve the right to hold back concert tickets from sale to the general public in order to move them on the secondary market. In legalese:

If Company elects to use "Resellers", Promoters shall hold tickets for each Performance, in quantities and in locations as designated by the Personal Manager, for distribution to the public through "Resellers". "Resellers" shall mean any ticket agency, ticket re-seller or other so-called "secondary market" seller of tickets (such as, by way of example only, StubHub in the United States) who sell tickets to the general public. Promoter expressly acknowledges and agrees that Company shall be entitled to retain, for Company's sole account, such portion of the proceeds from sales by Resellers.

Or, in other words: Katy scalps her own tickets.

Last edited by a moderator:
And Morrissey didn't even pay his crew for one whole tour...so your point is?

But they got to see him perform every night!

Well, when he showed up.

You got a point. What can I say?
look.gif

My original issue was her 23 rules for drivers including not looking at her, not talking to her, not talking to fans, blah blah blah, and I thought that I should sue her because I don't want to hear her awful music any more than she wants some driver to ask her some stupid question about her stupid image/songs.

But then my issue was that she's actually scalping her own shows and milking the fans and while that is rumored to be common I've never seen someone caught as she has been. And her music, did I mention, makes me want to die and be reborn so I can die again.

As one of the posters on the smoking gun page said:
isn't her 15 minutes up yet?

Dave

My original issue was her 23 rules for drivers including not looking at her, not talking to her, not talking to fans, blah blah blah, and I thought that I should sue her because I don't want to hear her awful music any more than she wants some driver to ask her some stupid question about her stupid image/songs.

She's probably like Dennis Hopper in Blue Velvet. She has and oxygen tank and she makes Russel Brand call her "daddy" and she smacks him around.

But then my issue was that she's actually scalping her own shows and milking the fans and while that is rumored to be common I've never seen someone caught as she has been. And her music, did I mention, makes me want to die and be reborn so I can die again.

If you're her, and you actually get some fans, it's probably not a good idea to piss them off because your "sell by" date isn't exactly indefinite.

Japan Joins The Boycott! (sort of)

2meaa9w.jpg

Katy is in the middle of the Asian leg of her tour and Russell came along for the ride -- only things didn't go as planned. She went on to explain the problem was over "priors from over 10 years ago!"

Russell seemed to be in good spirits over the whole ordeal, tweeting at one point, "Planning escape from Japanese custody. It's bloody hard to dig a tunnel with a chopstick."

Last edited by a moderator:
Japan Joins The Boycott! (sort of)

2meaa9w.jpg

Katy is in the middle of the Asian leg of her tour and Russell came along for the ride -- only things didn't go as planned. She went on to explain the problem was over "priors from over 10 years ago!"

Russell seemed to be in good spirits over the whole ordeal, tweeting at one point, "Planning escape from Japanese custody. It's bloody hard to dig a tunnel with a chopstick."

Surely he's wanted for sodomy?

Mary Kate really let herself go...

lol! :D

I was just watching The Talk, which is like The View except with less high tension bickering and talking over each other, and one of the hostesses Sharon Osborne came to the defense of the 45 page rider because she says that when you tour 200 nights a year in a different venue every night, you want it to be like home. And the star PAYS for everything on the rider, it's not like a diva demanding the world stop pay for their existense. But they were talking about things like ornate lamps and no carnations in the bouquets, not weird stuff like the cheuffer can;t look her in the eyes and tickets held back to scalp. But I kinda get where Sharon, (who is no stranger to the rigors of touring) is coming from, that you want your little home away from home to feel consistent.

lol! :D

I was just watching The Talk, which is like The View except with less high tension bickering and talking over each other, and one of the hostesses Sharon Osborne came to the defense of the 45 page rider because she says that when you tour 200 nights a year in a different venue every night, you want it to be like home. And the star PAYS for everything on the rider, it's not like a diva demanding the world stop pay for their existense. But they were talking about things like ornate lamps and no carnations in the bouquets, not weird stuff like the cheuffer can;t look her in the eyes and tickets held back to scalp. But I kinda get where Sharon, (who is no stranger to the rigors of touring) is coming from, that you want your little home away from home to feel consistent.

I can see a point in it...people don't always want to be bothered and fawned over for being a "celebrity". It's bad enough you can't go anywhere without being followed by camera crews and fans wanting your autograph, so I'm sure you don't want that in the one place you can escape it all; the car. I guess the best way to avoid being pestered is to have it put in your contract. Lol.

Or, maybe she just wants to make sure they aren't eyeballing her cleavage...
KatyPerryBoobsSNL.jpg

She probably needs to feel people want to stare at her so she makes that rule and then all the imaginary suppressed desires to look are reflected in the not-looking translating into intense star drama in her mind.

She probably needs to feel people want to stare at her so she makes that rule and then all the imaginary suppressed desires to look are reflected in the not-looking translating into intense star drama in her mind.

She knows people stare at her. Are you saying you wouldn't stare at her if you saw her, Dave?
katy_perry_bikini-boobs.jpg

She knows people stare at her. Are you saying you wouldn't stare at her if you saw her, Dave?
katy_perry_bikini-boobs.jpg

In some pictures I've seen of her it's apparent that she is someone famous but I think if I saw her I'd wonder who she was. I'd think, it's not Pink... not Gwen Stefani... not Lady Gaga, they're all recognizable. But in the picture you posted she looks like a million other girls. Staring would be kind of rude and I don't care about her big tits. Do big tits make someone a pop star? I really think she doesn't have much star quality. It all looks completely manufactured by other people and it doesn't hold together. Madonna is always Madonna but Katy Perry is a Barbie head they stick on different bodies. with big boobs.

Back
Top Bottom