Boy Happy Live B-Sides anyone?

devushkao

Does anyone have MP3s of Speedway and Late Night, Maudlin Street from the Boy Happy singles?

I bought CD1 but couldn't find any of the other versions anywhere in the whole of Birmingham. :( :(

The other two formats are a 7" and 7" picture disc, if that's any help - there's only the one CD version. Shite marketing idea though - they must know that Morrissey fans will buy 3 copies, even though most don't have a record player! And I'm afraid I can't rip from vinyl :o Although I hope someone can :D

Tim

The other two formats are a 7" and 7" picture disc, if that's any help - there's only the one CD version. Shite marketing idea though - they must know that Morrissey fans will buy 3 copies, even though most don't have a record player! And I'm afraid I can't rip from vinyl :o Although I hope someone can :D

Tim

Thanks for the info - I didn't realise that. :o

There got to be someone who can rip from vinyl, someone. i'm not able to and my copies (all three:o ) won't be here in a while if I know the shipping industry correctly.

Arrgh.

I'd be very surprised if the "vinyl only" tracks don't turn up on some cd down the road. May be a deluxe Ringleader edition or a "hits' compilation or something but I think at some point we'll see them in that form.

I'd be very surprised if the "vinyl only" tracks don't turn up on some cd down the road. May be a deluxe Ringleader edition or a "hits' compilation or something but I think at some point we'll see them in that form.

When Morrissey gets off his butt and has the whole concert released as filmed!

Ditto for the Woverhampton gig...I doubt the only existing copy was buried with Tim Broad

Careful though, tracks downloaded from this site, Virgin Digital, are not mp3's as far as I can tell. The site tells you specifically that your tracks can't be played on an apple product. Unless someone can download these tracks and convert them to something more user-friendly. I myself am incapable.

Click Here

You can download "Late Night, Maudlin Street" and "Speedway" for 79p each using the above link.

Don't bother with Virgin. The files are WMA, rights protected, need plug-ins to download, and won't even begin to work from Firefox. After registering with them, they took my money, and then IE came up with an error. So no songs. Rather kindly they sent me a notification that I had bought the songs. Utter crap. Leave Virgin well alone.

Peter

For us who have purchased the two 7 inches and live in the frozen north so that they'll have to wait quite a while for them. Now that they're avaible this way there's no one who is able to upload them, please?

I was stupid enough to download from Virgin and it's downloaded the actual song "I Just Want To See The Boy Happy"

Despite it being billed as Maudlin Street.

I am unhappy.

Did anyone get them?..I, as usual, could not get the overseas downloads to go through...

Please, does anyone have these songs? I only need Late Night, Maudlin Street and Speedway.

I posted the bootleg of the concert itself in the forum. It's not soundboard but it's good quality and better than nothing.

Additionally, on the Virgin site, you get the following warning:

Note: When you click Upgrade, your computer will connect to a Microsoft-operated Internet site and send information about your digital media player, including a unique hardware identifier. No information will be sent that can be used to personally identify you or track your activities. Microsoft will then upgrade the security components of your digital media player to ensure that it runs with optimal security.

What is this crap? Why not just let people buy the tracks? If they were made available on CD and not just on vinyl, people wouldn't have to go to these lengths to get hold of them. Fantastic marketing, Sanctuary!! :mad:

The whole thing (plus speedway live too) is available at I-tunes UK store at 79p per track.

Yeah, it took a little while but they're up on iTunes now. Got digital copies of the 7" B sides now, so am a happy chappy.

I love the version of Speedway!

Back
Top Bottom