Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself
National Front Disco
Moon River
Hold On To Your Friends
Boxers
Now My Heart is Full
Speedway
/Shoplifters Of The World Unite

This show didn't go down as well as the first two ones. The band seemed to be have had a few problems. This could be the reason why "Used To Be A Sweet Boy" wasn't played. Had it been performed the setlist would have been identical to the one from the night before. There was no barrier holding the crowd back so a constant flow of fans climbed up on stage, particularly during "The More You Ignore Me, The Closer I Get", "Boxers", "Now My Heart Is Full" and "Shoplifters Of The World Unite".

In "Have-A-Go Merchant", Morrissey changed "We'll never know" to "I'll never know". As tradition dictated on this tour, Morrissey shook a tambourine at the beginning of "You're The One For Me Fatty", then threw it into the audience. On this date the word inscribed on the tambourine was 'SELF'. After "The More You Ignore Me The Closer I Get", he asked a fan in the audience "What did you just say? Sweet what?".

After that song, Morrissey tried to say something, but couldn't go any further than "It's a...". After "Jack The Ripper", he replied to a girl from the crowd telling him that he looked lovely: "Sorry... Rosemary, could you speak a bit louder please? What did you say?". He then wanted to introduce the next number, "Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself": "This song is called..." but never could give the song's title. After the usual pairing of the noisy "The National Front Disco" with the very mellow "Moonriver", Morrissey introduced the following song with "This song is called 'Hold On To Your Friend'." During the latter he got stuck among fans and security had to pull him free. He then exited the stage and left the band to finish the song as an instrumental.

Morrissey seemed not to be satisfied with his performance of the latter song because when he reappeared on stage, he said, "We'll try and play this one correctly... It's called 'Boxers'". Unusually, in "Now My Heart If Full" Morrissey sang the full line "just some rain-coated lovers' puny brothers". On this tour, he usually dropped 'puny' to make the line easier to sing. Despite all the fans climbing on stage during the encore, "Shoplifters Of The World Unite" could be played in its entirety. During the song, a fan took Morrissey's words and ran away with his jacket!

"November Spawned A Monster" was soundchecked at this show, but never played on this tour.

Back
Top Bottom