Bowie's I know it's gonna happen someday

G

goinghome

Yesterday before the gig a friend and I were watching some of the video 'Who Put the M in Manchester?' which sparked a memory that, as many of you already know, David Bowie had covered Morrissey's song 'I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday', and that Morrissey had apparently been chuffed with the result, which I think is fairly spectacular:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not a fan of this cover.. :blushing:

Nor am I. I think it sucks dead dogs' dicks. It sounds like just another piece of faux-soul crap from Bowie's "no one cares anymore" period. Which, by the way, he's still in.

Then again, as has been noted many times, (even by Morrissey himself to a degree) it's doubtful that Morrissey's original would even exist if not for "Rock and Roll Suicide" so maybe they're even.

As a huge Bowie fan I thought that cover was f***ing awful.

WOW! Everyone to their own opinion, obviously, but i'm surprised at the dislike of this song from some people here!! .. From the moment Bowie opens his mouth he strikes it perfectly. Such a strong vocal performance.

AMAZING! . Genuinely!!

Thanks for the upload x

I can't listen to it and not laugh. That's the only positive thing I can say about it.

It's aiiight. Nothing can compare to Morrissey's torch song -not even Bowie's lighter song. :p I miss the days of the concert lighter. People use their cell phones now. :rolleyes:

wow^^

i for one think it's brilliant. perhaps people didn't get the memo... you no longer have to put down David Bowie because you're a morrissey fan. :p:cool:

:squiffy: I made it all the way to the cigarette lighter. I mean the link from the central message of the song to free bird is a nice one, but it's sung not so good.

Last edited:
Never seen the video before.

By all rights it should be a good cover, but there's something not quite right about it...

You have Bowie covering a song that was already channelling his own past work. This kind of thing leads to mad cow.

Back
Top Bottom