Bowie's I know it's gonna happen someday

Lennon was clever and complex man, he was prone to lash out in anger yet promoted peace and love.

He lived in a lovely home with his aunt Mimi, yet was abandoned by his parents.He lost his dad to the sea and prison. When Lennon was 17, his mother was killed when she was knocked down by a car, driven by a police officer, who was driving without a license. "I've no responsibility to anyone now,"
His best mate Stuart Sutcliffe was very, very close to him (I think Stuart was 21 when he died) as was Brian Epstein.
Lennon was a very angry, bitter, cynical man but with good reason to be.
Yoko became a mother figure and I do believe he and others close him commented on this. Yoko was something he had never experienced before,(good and bad, she did stop Julian having contact with him ) but John became a good dad in the end. It can't of been easy, getting your head around the fame the Beatles experienced.
Oh and later on in his life, Lennon discovered that his lifelong inability to spell, just like me.:thumb:

Paul will always be my favourite.:guitar:

Yesterday before the gig a friend and I were watching some of the video 'Who Put the M in Manchester?' which sparked a memory that, as many of you already know, David Bowie had covered Morrissey's song 'I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday', and that Morrissey had apparently been chuffed with the result, which I think is fairly spectacular:

WOW! I always hated that song, Bowie's version is so much better than the original. :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Never thought of it before, but it's a crying shame there was no crossover between Lennon and Morrissey in their careers. I think Lennon would've probably dismissed Morrissey if asked in an interview but secretly been a fan.

Whatever you think of Macca, I liked hearing him mention Moz' name during that greatest living British icon thing.

Now THIS would be interesting. I bet Lennon would have done a GREAT job with it. I imagine John and Moz would be rather close if John were still alive? What do you think? :blushing:

Yesterday before the gig a friend and I were watching some of the video 'Who Put the M in Manchester?' which sparked a memory that, as many of you already know, David Bowie had covered Morrissey's song 'I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday', and that Morrissey had apparently been chuffed with the result, which I think is fairly spectacular:

i actually think black tie, white noise is an underrated album and by pure coincidence was listening to it yesterday on the tube. yes it has a couple of duds (not every bowie album can be perfect...) but some real gems.
(p.s. i think heathen is underrated too...).
anyway i thought tis was a bowie song for years as it suits him so well. i still think bowie sings it better, but moz's original aint bad either...

Last edited by a moderator:
I like it.

Failing to see the relevance of the tangents some people are going on.

Everything that Bowie has ever written after 70's is trully awful. I like only a few of Bowie's albums.

bollox. he may not have scaled the heights of low/heroes but 95's Outside is pure class. earthling and heathen have quality too.

saw morrissey support bowie at wembley in 95. so no dissing bowie.

Back
Top Bottom