Bouncers at the Apollo (22/5/09)

Q: Can you provide Morrissey's DNA details so I can check that it was worn by him at the concert in question? If so, I'll gladly pay £1000 for that... 26-May-09
A: Ha Ha you get them!! By the way I got the song wrong in my last message It was 'I'm OK by myself'for anyone who read it.

Q: I'm interested - are you able to prove its authenticity? Best Neil 26-May-09
A: The only way we can think of to prove it's authenticity is to get into touch with the venue (appollo) and ask if the security staff will confirm that it was us that retrieved the shirt, which we will try and do asap. Other than that I dont think there is any other way unless you can think of anything, we have looked on You tube and it just shows him throwing it out at the end of 'I'm Only Human' in our direction but you dont see us catching it if if you did about 50 others took hold of it aswell. We actually only got it when the scrum of people (down to about half a dozen ended up in the bottom foyer left hand side just infront of the bar. Several security staff pulled everyone off including myself, it was my husband that was left standing with it. One of the bouncers took it off us probably so that we wouldn't get mobbed again told we had to leave immediately and led us to a fire exit that opened to the side of the building. When asked why we had to leave they said 'because we had the shirt' obviously it would pose more problems to stay. All we missed was the last song he sang. The security staff for anyone's information were extremely proffessional and curteous as some people seem to think they are the ones that stole the shirt from us. This is NOT THE CASE, the guy only took the shirt off us for our own safety. As some ebay users out there seem to think we are security staff trying to sell the shirt, probably because it was seen being taken off us??? If we can't authenticate we will keep as we no it's true value.

A: The only way we can think of to prove it's authenticity is to get into touch with the venue (appollo) and ask if the security staff will confirm that it was us that retrieved the shirt, which we will try and do asap. Other than that I dont think there is any other way unless you can think of anything, we have looked on You tube and it just shows him throwing it out at the end of 'I'm Only Human' in our direction but you dont see us catching it if if you did about 50 others took hold of it aswell....

Wow, my favourite Morrissey song. :rolleyes:

Theb bouncers were brilliant, I was at the front on both night( I don't tire of saying that) and they were checking if we were ok. giving out water, constantly helping people over the barrier. I felt safer with the bouncers nearby.
I'm pretty sure most of them are employed by Morrissey qnyway and not by the Apollo.
On Saturday, I was helped over the barrier because grown men where pushing and crushing me. so I would like to THANK them.

"...the minimum wage lads..."? What does that mean?

Q: Hi, I can get my auntie betty to sew up the tear if you like..your bouncer fingers might be a bit big for needlework! :) 26-May-09
A: Your not by any chance green in colour are you!!!

Cant resist baiting them!;)

Q: Hi, I can get my auntie betty to sew up the tear if you like..your bouncer fingers might be a bit big for needlework! :) 26-May-09
A: Your not by any chance green in colour are you!!!

Cant resist baiting them!;)

This is great. They obviously have not got a clue, especially when they said they caught it through the song 'I am human'

Please, please, please keep the stupid questions going.

Did anyone see a sercuity guard fling me on the floor? ( Red hair, about 5 foot, blue southpaw t-shirt on) it was on the left hand side of the stage during the encore. I've made an official complaint, i realise i will most likely not get anywhere but it would be handy if anyone could give me any details.

Last edited:
"...the minimum wage lads..."? What does that mean?

I think he meant the bouncers who stole the shirt.

In 2002 a security guard at the Barrowlands took the shirt that Morrissey threw to me (yeah, of course I'm delusional :rolleyes:, but he made eye contact at me, carefully threw it shallow, and because of certain people I know, I knew that he knew it was my last concert for that year). I let it go because I thought the bouncer was taking it from me to avoid a scrum and later divide it fairly and safely. Inexplicably, the bouncer gave it whole to Stephen (good man and I don't begrudge him because I like him) who was at least 3 people down from me. Stephen said he didn't know the bouncer or anything, so it was perplexing. Oh well, I've been blessed to get everything I wanted (and didn't want, like his wicked teasing) from Moz that the shirts are low priority for me. I'd just settle for Him not canceling more shows. :squiffy:

This is great. They obviously have not got a clue, especially when they said they caught it through the song 'I am human'

Please, please, please keep the stupid questions going.

I asked if dry-cleaning the nasty Moz sweat stains and stench was included in the price. Also got in a little dig about the bouncer's alternative spelling of Morrissey.

I hope the bouncer says yes, dry-cleaning's included! :D

Incidentally, I washed a towel Moz used in Boca Raton. It smelled like Mozzer's scent -- Incense par Avignon. Charlie, the stage manager, picked it up from the drum riser and gave it to me along with a bottle of Mozzer's water. I washed the towel because it was manky with sweat funk and being left in hot, humid car for 3 days. I drank the water because I was parched. I'm practical, even when it comes to Morrissey, sometimes.

So the lucky shirt holders

Spelled Morrissey's name wrong, twice
got the song title wrong
cannot prove the provenance of the shirt, which is contested by others at the event
Put the shirt up for sale immediately after the event instead of treasuring the souvenir
and forgot the one thing that distinguishes a Morrissey worn shirt from any old Gucci shirt :)rolleyes:) which would be the first thing a "fan" would mention.
also they appear not to be offering secure postage.

Seems to me little doubt these people are not to be trusted.
:mad:

..Speaking of "Shirts" at Morrissey shows....Can anyone out there Verify this???? ( An allegedly TRUE story....).
At the "From Manchester, with Love" gig in Liverpool , UK,( In 1986,....I think....I Cannot 'Google' the exact date, right now, as I am currently Typing this....)
A friend of mine got hired for the show as 'Stage security'.....during the performance, Morrissey threw his shirt into the crowd, and quite a few guys started hitting a girl who had caught it...My friend ( Stage front security)grabbed it from her, to stop any further Scuffling ( and Injury, to the girl who had caught it...) and shouted to her to collect it from him when the show was finished.

he told me later that he had indeed kept it safe for her, and returned it to her when the audience were leaving....
As I was nowhere near the front at the time, I have no proof that this actually happened....But I believed him.......he was a nice chap, and NOT a Smiths fan at all....( Gawwd Knows, I tried enough times to 'Convert' him....)

I asked why he didn't keep the shirt, and give it to me instead, as I was/Still am a Massive Smiths fan,...(..As you would...)
And he said (Quite Rightly...) That the Girl had earned it.
Nice one Dave Williams!!! wherever you are.....
And Get well Soon Morrissey!

P.S.,
Just spotted THIS on E-bay....

"Morrissey 7 inch Singel"
As worne by Mozzizzerry on the sleave of "This Charminge man is Squeazing my Skhull".
The Singel is possibly a Sandie Shore olde record, but it was Deffo the one that he put over his Todger...Honestly....
Bids start at 75 pence...DNA proof included!!!

P.S.,
Just spotted THIS on E-bay....

"Morrissey 7 inch Singel"
As worne by Mozzizzerry on the sleave of "This Charminge man is Squeazing my Skhull".
The Singel is possibly a Sandie Shore olde record, but it was Deffo the one that he put over his Todger...Honestly....
Bids start at 75 pence...DNA proof included!!!

:lbf:

I think I'll call Morrissey 'Mozzizzerry' from now on.

I saw it all, you probably don't remember me i'm the blonde woman who asked if you were ok. Those disgusting, horrible men hoisted you high in the air then threw you to the ground so hard they could have killed you-after slamming you to the ground they both gave each other the thumbs up one said 'nice one mate.' I do hope you're ok.
Also witnessed these hideous bouncers causing terrible alarm during the shirt throw near the end

Theb bouncers were brilliant, I was at the front on both night( I don't tire of saying that) and they were checking if we were ok. giving out water, constantly helping people over the barrier. I felt safer with the bouncers nearby.
I'm pretty sure most of them are employed by Morrissey qnyway and not by the Apollo.
On Saturday, I was helped over the barrier because grown men where pushing and crushing me. so I would like to THANK them.

I agree with you there about Friday night's bouncers - one of them (the one centre stage) kept looking out for me as I was one of the few girls in the front row getting battered to death, he kept asking me if I was ok which I of course wasn't but bugger was I getting pulled out! Moz also tapped this same bloke on the back about half way through the gig and said something like 'good show' which made me laugh. He was one of the decent bouncers.

I agree with you there about Friday night's bouncers - one of them (the one centre stage) kept looking out for me as I was one of the few girls in the front row getting battered to death, he kept asking me if I was ok which I of course wasn't but bugger was I getting pulled out! Moz also tapped this same bloke on the back about half way through the gig and said something like 'good show' which made me laugh. He was one of the decent bouncers.

The dark, handsome one near the middle of the stage.
I also got lots of water:)

Back
Top Bottom