Boston Orpheum Theatre (Dec. 7) cancelled "due to illness in the touring party" according to FB page

Orpheum Theatre posted in the FB event that the show has been cancelled.

Orpheum Theatre Boston
It is with great regret that we must inform you that tomorrow evening’s Morrissey performance at The Orpheum has been cancelled due to illness in the touring party. The Orpheum team apologizes greatly for this disappointment and wishes those who are ill a speedy recovery. Refunds are available at point of purchase.

Link posted by grlmopz:

Morrissey has cancelled his Boston show at The Orpheum - Vanyaland

Link posted by Famous when dead:

Stop giving Morrissey free pass to spew hatred by Jed Gottlieb - Boston Herald

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG, Uncle Steve hasn't been in the Northeast since the NY show. Use people out dare need to listen to news from the real world Moz Angeles. Uncle Steve's house is really close to the fires and he went home to care for his house. Hopefully the hometown Christmas show Sunday will not be canceled because of the fires in Moz Angeles. This would be my first cancellation since 1991. Mango and Jesse's houses are not in danger, so everyone can stay in the Northeast to go to those stupid after parties and have "fun". Stop being so selfish and I think Sha Na Na and Tommy Two Tone and the Shoeshiners are playing down at the Orfum or Apollo so cheer up. No that is not Steve's house, so don't get excited foreigner stalkers.

View attachment 43204

View attachment 43206

Hope aunt Nancy received a courtesy call from Morrissey. I am beginning to worry about those millionaires.

glad at least that we got a really great show in nyc. feel bad for the philly & boston folks. hoping for a speedy recovery for whomever is ill.

Somebody forgot to have their flu jab... :eek:
News said it's only 10% effective this year anyway so don't bother. In other news why am I still watching the news when someone I know and like and who cares very much about me recently went to the trouble of writing, recording, and releasing a song telling me to stop doing that. I just can't be helped I'm afraid.

You’re not missing out. The theater is moldy and smells of piss with Gestapo security. If he wasn’t sick already he would be after spending the night there.

Everything you say about the Orpheum is true but he has a fondness for it because Oscar Wilde stood on that very stage. A point Morrissey has made at least 2 of the 4 times he has played there.

I work at the Forum in Inglewood. KROQ has just informed us that MORRISSEY will not be headlining the second night of this event. The Killers will headline (as they have done in the past), all of the bands will move up in line, "Sad Girl" will be the first band of the night and doors will open at 4.

If so that's too bad. It could have been a nice opportunity to play some alternate & stripped down versions of songs.

I hope he is ok .and they make an official announcement so I can cancel hotel reservation in time.
Go! ...and have good time!!!! The Killers were wicked live. Full-on. I was pleasantly surprised when I got dragged to a show. :)

Well, I'm guessing it's Moz, as the band are in Boston and travelled there during the day.
Appearing to sit in the same hotel/pub for the last 5 hours according to Lyn's pics on Facebook (with Boz).
Mando posted in Connecticut en route to Boston too - so perhaps they didn't know themselves or are just making use of the booked hotel - we will probably never know.
Whatever the reason, it's people being messed around I have empathy for.
I'm starting to worry about the UK tour now, but it's been worse - we live in hope.
Regards,
FWD.

Post-Punk:
Still Ill? Morrissey cancels Boston—his final show of the current North American tour.
http://www.post-punk.com/still-ill-...inal-show-of-the-current-north-american-tour/

Last edited:
Oh dear. Did Morrissey’s pussy get a chill? If I’d released an album that tanked after two weeks and pissed-off enough people to warrant a proper shit-kicking, I’d probably cancel the entire tour and offer refunds - to the few people who’re still interested in supporting my pension top-up.

Not Morrissey though. He’ll cancel at will. ...and you’ll wait, freeze your ball-less crotch off, buy a shitty, overpriced t-shirt and then excuse him for f***ing you in the ass. He’s a special breed of selfish c***. ...and you’re a special breed of receiver.

The only c*** is YOU, Anonymous fool. Bye x

Hazard

Oh dear. Did Morrissey’s pussy get a chill? If I’d released an album that tanked after two weeks and pissed-off enough people to warrant a proper shit-kicking, I’d probably cancel the entire tour and offer refunds - to the few people who’re still interested in supporting my pension top-up.

Not Morrissey though. He’ll cancel at will. ...and you’ll wait, freeze your ball-less crotch off, buy a shitty, overpriced t-shirt and then excuse him for f***ing you in the ass. He’s a special breed of selfish c***. ...and you’re a special breed of receiver.
Now this is how you world class troll. Damn. :gun:

Are you people this stupid? I am beginning to think people on this board really are locked in padded rooms with little openings for "dumplings and hash" or whatever you eat in Brittin and other foreign lands. His house is directly in the path of all the multiple fires burning in LA right now and tomorrow is going to be the worst day with the winds. He isn't rich enough to re-build even with the insurance. The sad thing is, he is probably going to need the money from the Brittin February and March tour and won't be able to cancel like he planned after the release and good numbers of LIHS in "the uk".

Maybe he's too busy. :rolleyes: Writing a song for Trump due to his Jerusalem decision.:tiphat:

Morrissey really pushing the fact that his cod-veganism is healthy to the limit here.

Still 3 (possibly 4) gigs cancelled this time around in US of A must be some sort of record? And he's dropped Meat is Murder. He deserves a round of applause, our sympathy and Xmas back in Blighty where Sam can take some crap photos of him dressed like the Savile again

I think he’s taken to his bed after the backlash that’s ensued. It wouldn’t surprise me. I guess there’s only so much social media flogging one can take.

Looks like LA is cancelled too and he isn't appearing on Sunday.

I don't know. What are the odds of people getting sick? Probably quite high.
Right, but if sickness meant shows get canceled, the touring music industry would come to a screeching halt Nov-Mar. All other bands just find a way to get the show done 99% of the time.

Right, but if sickness meant shows get canceled, the touring music industry would come to a screeching halt Nov-Mar. All other bands just find a way to get the show done 99% of the time.
99% seems high.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom