Boston, MA - MGM Music Hall at Fenway (Dec. 4, 2022) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Alma Matters / We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful / Our Frank / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / I Am Veronica / Jim Jim Falls / The Bullfighter Dies / Girlfriend In A Coma / Rebels Without Applause / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / Knockabout World / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Saint In A Stained Glass Window / Irish Blood, English Heart / The Loop / Let Me Kiss You / Jack The Ripper // Sweet And Tender Hooligan

Setlist courtesy of Canadian on fire.

Last edited:
Totally agree - the crowd wasn't super enthusiastic or energetic! When he went backstage, I figured the crowd would go nuts. I think because they didn't, he only did one encore.
It wasn't the crowd. He had only done one encore song on all the shows for the US leg of this tour. Most artists have a "set" list. The list is set and it is what they play night after night. There's a few who vary it up, however most do about the same show every night.

Can you or anyone else attending the show elaborate on what Moz said when he spoke of the BOT album possibly becoming a lost album? As Ketamine hints at below, hopefully your next show will be an enjoyable experience, sing your heart out, So sorry you spoilt that concert filmers video 😂.
He said it would be a lost album due to censorship...but it's not like him to elaborate on his quips.

Maybe you are, but I’m not and other fans I go to shows with “in this area” are not. Brendan has just said they’re going to record again and then hit the road next year. I think M was sad that the tour is over, it’s been a great half year from Vegas forward for him, barring the cancellations this leg, so why not be wistful when the thing you love to do most in life is over…for now?

Also, we N. American fans need to stop being greedy. Mainland Europe and S. America haven’t seen him since long before the pandemic, so maybe they’re headed there 2023-4?

You are kinda rude, and I prefer not engage with rude people and people who seem to have issues with their mental faculties as they can't seem to have a civil conversation without being condescending or "funny" with the other person.

Anyway, I hope they are headed here. That would be awesome for us.

Last edited:
You are kinda rude, and I prefer not engage with rude people and people who seem to have issues with their mental faculties as they can't seem to have a civil conversation with being condescending or "funny" with the other person.

Anyway, I hope they are headed here. That would be awesome for us.
Aren't there postponed shows here he has to reschedule? Salt Lake City, Denver, Minnesota and Milwaukee? I know he canceled DC, which means probably no east coast, but it seems financially foolish to not do more shows in the US and east coast when the shows pretty much sold out.

He said it would be a lost album due to censorship...but it's not like him to elaborate on his quips.
I'm not sure I follow. The album is coming out at some point and as far as we know he didn't rename it or remove the song BOT... so where does censorship come into play?

Can you or anyone else attending the show elaborate on what Moz said when he spoke of the BOT album possibly becoming a lost album? As Ketamine hints at below, hopefully your next show will be an enjoyable experience, sing your heart out, So sorry you spoilt that concert filmers video 😂.
He said they recorded it but it's probably in the great gob of censorship.

There seems to be some mythmaking here. 2)The setlists are great. No, they are totally crappy. Mostly the same old tired stuff I've heard him sing over and over again salted with a few Smiths songs. The new stuff has a couple of standouts but it's mostly mediocre minus. There's no excuse for this with the back catalog that guy has.
This. Exactly. It's just lazy.
I'd love to see him do some songs that rock instead of this elevator music he's been pushing, or music that sounds like it belongs on cartoons.

He said they recorded it but it's probably in the great gob of censorship.
So he said it was lost in censorship and not completely lost? Is anyone listening to that Sirius show today at 6pm eastern? Its the next thing inline for album promotion if its a fresh track. What I find really strange is that UMG/Capitol have definitely signed him as they have released his single, but they have not listed him as an artist in there stable 🐴. They are all playing hard to get to drive the fans bonkers and to heighten anticipation for the record. Everyone must have told their granny by now 😂

So he said it was lost in censorship and not completely lost? Is anyone listening to that Sirius show today at 6pm eastern? Its the next thing inline for album promotion if its a fresh track. What I find really strange is that UMG/Capitol have definitely signed him as they have released his single, but they have not listed him as an artist in there stable 🐴. They are all playing hard to get to drive the fans bonkers and to heighten anticipation for the record. Everyone must have told their granny by now 😂
Yeah... I'm pretty sure he said "probably lost in the gob of censorship" and with UMG releasing Rebels globally and Richard Blade playing that track today I feel the release of the record is going to happen early 2023. Morrissey has know to bitch and moan about record labels while he is still working with them so this seems like business as usual.

Here is the clip:

I was running late to the show on account of having a few drinks across the street, plus with it being seated affair (and having a good seat on the aisle), I was in no rush to get in the theater. I've seen the videos enough times. Imagine my surprise at 8:30, from the men's room, hearing "Alma Matters" over the speakers. A notification from Ticketmaster a day or two earlier clearly stated videos at 8:30, Morrissey on-stage at 9:05pm.

Oh well. I made it to my position by the start of "We hate it.....". As were many, I sang along. Then some jerk said to me (while filming the entire show on his phone, mind you) "Could you stop singing? I'm here to hear Morrissey." I nearly punched him, and I'm not a punchy sort of fellow.

In any event, the show was fine but I agree with an above poster that this was not a festive show. Something felt off about it. Of course, there are always songs from the current '22 live repertoire one may wish to have gotten instead of what was offered, but aside from setlist preferences, Morrissey did seem to be in a bit of a foul mood. He again spoke of the new record as possibly becoming a lost album, despite an official digital single release, and his closing words were a bit dramatic. Though, he's often said cryptic things at a tour's end that end up meaning absolutely nothing.

Overall, I thought this was a paint-by-numbers show.
this "could you stop singing" nugget has stuck with me the last few days and has been troubling me ever since.

does anyone go to ANY concert and not sing along?

i sing my face off at every show, and especially a morrissey show. no one has given me any grief about it. my ass is shaking, i'm clapping, and i'm singing at the top of my lungs. if that's not for you [feigned offended person next to you], ask the box office to move you. byyyeee

very sorry to hear that happened. that had to have created a different experience for you that night. i would hope that would not happen again going forward. keep doing you.

where do i even begin? the evening with morrissey, our last for what was threatened for some time, was magical. not the disney kind of magical. the morrissey kind of magical.

i feel like i'm waking up from a morrissey fever dream. did i really just hear them play alma matters AND let me kiss you at the same show (first since honolulu for me)? yes. did i really get to see him close out a tour tonight? i did. did i really see four consecutive shows a la julia (whatever happened to her -btw?)? you betcha.

mr. morrissey doesn't let us peek very much behind the curtain on many personal details, but the opening and closing remarks i thought were telling: "s-i-q-u-e spells sick" and in closing ...

"we would like to thank our beloved crew for this tour. i would like to thank you for allowing me to sing. it saved my life, and i'm grateful, i'm very grateful. but i'm saying goodbye to you now, and i might not see you for a long time, but thank you for everything, and thank you for everything you've done for me which is enormous. i'm very grateful. i wish you never lonely, never lonely, shalom." (sath drops)

it should be noted that he had his hands in his pockets while saying the above with a slight shoulder raise, reminding me of something a boy or young man might do while conveying something important, but delicate. what you choose to conclude from those observations, do so. it had the feel of something still yet developing to me. i don't recall him speaking so candidly and sincerely about his gratitude for his following during a live show. someone will surely remind me if he has, i have no doubt. the body language only enhanced the sense of gravity around this 'i'll see ya when i see ya' kind of message.

what i loved about tonight was his passion. i believe he had a belt on so wasn't being needlessly distracted by slouching slacks. he seemed very present, and deliberate. his voice was incredible. the band - absolute professionals. and definitely give it up for the crew - like a well oiled machine they are - merch staff included.

i saw only one stage invader - i imagine security was much more proactive given the last night of the tour. she was handled humanely from my angle.

i was in the orchestra and found the crowd to be into it around me. what was different about tonight than other venues was how folks would sit down at times. i thought that was funny. it looked like it was sold out - it was three tiers of solid people in all directions.

i look forward to what's to come. even if it may not be right away - patience is a virtue, after all.
"what i loved about tonight was his passion. i believe he had a belt on so wasn't being needlessly distracted by slouching slacks. "

i am very glad to hear that.

Definitely a shirt toss during Saint/Glass. Photos are accurate. It didn't go very far, maybe 2nd row, where there was a little scuffle. Not sure how it turned out. One stage crasher, who was promptly returned to the crowd.

Rebels w/out sounded so good live. Hope they release the live version.

The announcement at the end included a thank you for letting him sing and how it saved his life, followed by the cryptic "might not see you for a long time".

As for the crowd...Boston's crowds are reserved. This venue has great sight lines, which means people do not have to stand. Set list was typical for this and many Morrissey tours, about half familar favorites, half newer songs. He isn't going all in on 20 songs from 1986-1994.
Shirt toss after Let me kiss you...not Saint.......

Here is the clip:

Thank you. I watched the clip you provided 😁. At least if its in the gob of censorship its going through the motions before being released 😂. We have slightly moved on from a rumoured no release at all. If its missing a song then we know which one that will be. And they may have to rename the record. I hope not and its just Moz creating drama. Love to all of the victims families x, and no doubt some of them will think along the same lines as Moz, and indeed feel deeply angry at our society as well as the killer.

Here is the clip:

Thank you. I watched the clip you provided 😁. At least if its in the gob of censorship its going through the motions before being released 😂. We have slightly moved on from a rumoured no release at all. If its missing a song then we know which one that will be. And they may have to rename the record. I hope not and its just Moz creating drama. Love to all of the victims families x, and no doubt some of them will think along the same lines as Moz, and indeed feel deeply angry at our society as well as the killer.
I'm pro-anger, pro-remembering and anti-censorship.

I don't agree with a lot of things he says but the song Bonfire of Teenagers is spot on lyrically and if it does get censored that would be pretty sad.

This is the first time I’ve seen the scenario discussed where the album is released but has been altered by the label. Bonfire - presumably - without Bonfire. A new title and a truncated tracklist? That’s hardly a favourable outcome.

Is it possible that Morrissey has licensed the Bonfire tracks to Capitol without the express stipulation that these songs have to be released as a complete album?

I’m not necessarily the biggest supporter of its message, but I respect Morrissey’s right to express himself - with undeniable conviction - on the title track. With show-stopping vocals and music, this track looks to be a robust fulcrum that binds the project together. It really has to be included or the project folds as a whole.

Morrissey is good enough for a label, but labels will inevitably squirm at the prospect of such an overt political statement. Bonfire stands out for this reason - it is also why there would have been a legitimate and principled path to the self release of this LP.

I'm sure it's frustrating for Morrissey - but it would be better to leave Bonfire until it's not being hijacked by people who are projecting their (terrible) politics on to it.

Releasing some of it as a calling card, moving on to the next album and going back to all of the albums that were undermined by scandal, Low/Son/Dog and Bonfire, at a later date, is sensible.

I'm sure it's frustrating for Morrissey - but it would be better to leave Bonfire until it's not being hijacked by people who are projecting their (terrible) politics on to it.

Releasing some of it as a calling card, moving on to the next album and going back to all of the albums that were undermined by scandal, Low/Son/Dog and Bonfire, at a later date, is sensible.

Yes, but anything he releases can be hijacked, turned into trouble. Even California Son which should have been a nice album of covers, got criticized for its protest songs.

Yes, but anything he releases can be hijacked, turned into trouble. Even California Son which should have been a nice album of covers, got criticized for its protest songs.

That's not why it got criticized, it was because the album was BORING.

Has Capitol even admitted to signing Morrissey yet? Even on his management's IG, it's a picture of him with a bag of Taytos??

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom