Boston, MA - MGM Music Hall at Fenway (Dec. 4, 2022) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Alma Matters / We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful / Our Frank / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / I Am Veronica / Jim Jim Falls / The Bullfighter Dies / Girlfriend In A Coma / Rebels Without Applause / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / Knockabout World / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Saint In A Stained Glass Window / Irish Blood, English Heart / The Loop / Let Me Kiss You / Jack The Ripper // Sweet And Tender Hooligan

Setlist courtesy of Canadian on fire.

Last edited:
Last night was my 5th Moz gig. I thought his mood seemed fine. Couldn't believe he caught that cigarette during Our Frank. At least I think that's what it was. We very much enjoyed the new songs & hope we get the album someday soon.
I wouldn't read too much into what he said at the end. I've heard him say similar on other tours. Specifically the Vegas NY shows he did in 2016 or 2017. I can't recall the exact year.

Alma
We hate it
Our Frank
Stop me
I am Veronica
Jim
Bullfighter
Girlfriend
Rebels
Telephone
Knockabout
Sunday
Please
Saint
Irish
Loop
Let me kiss you
Jack
/Hooligan

Cryptic message at the end: »thank you for everything you have done for me, you may not see me for a long time »

Morrissey in top form, crowd not so much
He also ended with Shalom! Only one stage jumper - new venue, high stage and the security looked very vigilant the whole show

After new songs I looked up into the nosebleed seats and I saw a lot of people clapping.

I did see a guy in the third row who didn't really know any of the solo songs like Jim Jim Falls. He was just stood there looking salty that this wasn't a Smiths Greatest Hits show.

There is so much info on the internet what bands are playing. Look it up. Learn the songs you don't know. Sing along. Have a blast. It's easy.. unless that band is Manic Street Preachers in which case you just show up after their set is over and Suede is on soon.
Maybe people know the songs and just don't like them. They want to hear Smiths songs, nothing wrong with that. A lot of bands play the songs fans actually want to hear, if New Order does it, so can Morrissey.

Gag you? Why? The Smiths' songs are best, and what put the man on the map. Don't be a hipster douche.
True, hipsters are a big problem here and too many have jumped on the bandwagon not even knowing who The Smiths are. They also don't know his earlier solo work, I feel like he is playing to them and not the people who made him famous.

Gag you? Why? The Smiths' songs are best, and what put the man on the map. Don't be a hipster douche.
Band hasn't been a thing for 40 years so yeah. It's cringe to go to a solo artist show and expect that they play the greatest hits from a band they left in the 80s. He did play some smiths stuff but of course they didn't recognize those and went on about how it was a rip off he didn't play How Close is Present 😂

Boston crowds tend to be polite. I used to go to all the clubs that used to be on that street and the people were incredibly polite, same for shows. I think the setlist didn't help.
Hmm, polite maybe, or just staid. It was weird. I was way up in the top balcony and almost everyone sat through the whole thing. Great show, in any case, but so so so far I. Audience energy from basically every other show I’ve seen him do across the decades..Sigh!

Band hasn't been a thing for 40 years so yeah. It's cringe to go to a solo artist show and expect that they play the greatest hits from a band they left in the 80s. He did play some smiths stuff but of course they didn't recognize those and went on about how it was a rip off he didn't play How Close is Present 😂
I agree but it is the power of The Smiths, that recruits the younger audience,
Smiths is still cool AF for young kids into music, I know this from gigs and my kids and their friends. M is loved to bits by some of us and has people who respect him still. Its Smiths that keep his audience fresh though
I think he got the balance right though, mainly.

Maybe people know the songs and just don't like them. They want to hear Smiths songs, nothing wrong with that. A lot of bands play the songs fans actually want to hear, if New Order does it, so can Morrissey.
Whatever dude. You didn't go to the show. You complained that only 14 unique songs were played compared to the last few times he was here.

Why don't you and uncle skinny get together and shit on Moz over a pint.

People like you are the reason there is an ignore button.

Hmm, polite maybe, or just staid. It was weird. I was way up in the top balcony and almost everyone sat through the whole thing. Great show, in any case, but so so so far I. Audience energy from basically every other show I’ve seen him do across the decades..Sigh!
Jesus Christ, let's pick this apart some more, because nothing is more interesting or important. We go to actually watch the show, go to a different kind of show, like a punk show, and you will see a different behavior. Are manners really that foreign to people? The Brooklyn show was cringe.

Whatever dude. You didn't go to the show. You complained that only 14 unique songs were played compared to the last few times he was here.

Why don't you and uncle skinny get together and shit on Moz over a pint.

People like you are the reason there is an ignore button.
You are really overreacting to comments about a setlist and what people do and don't like. I know a lot of people who were disappointed in the setlist he plays here and have been for a while. Morrissey is always blathering about how his newest album is his best and he couldn't be more fcking wrong, and the original fans do not like his bullshit crap he keeps churning out. This is probably one of the reasons his audience is shrinking.

Last edited:
True, hipsters are a big problem here and too many have jumped on the bandwagon not even knowing who The Smiths are. They also don't know his earlier solo work, I feel like he is playing to them and not the people who made him famous.
I think a problem here is you made a statement that was not only patently false (setlist being the same), but broken down to show just how incorrect it was. Other than that, you're making some very valid points despite the stans who would gladly eat their curds if Moz pooped in them without even a dusting of sugar. Bravo.

I think a problem here is you made a statement that was not only patently false (setlist being the same), but broken down to show just how incorrect it was. Other than that, you're making some very valid points despite the stans who would gladly eat their curds if Moz pooped in them without even a dusting of sugar. Bravo.
The problem is I did not say the setlist is the same, so let's put that one to rest.
I do think some of the fans will accept anything Morrissey puts out, no matter how bad it is. I prefer Smiths and earlier solo, I don't see anything wrong with that, that is still a lot of work of his that I completely enjoy and I think he should be thinking about people who like that period of his work. He just keeps chasing his elusive next best album. ***He has already made his best albums*** He is already talking about a newest next album before the current one even comes out. If he can't appreciate fans, I don't have to appreciate him or support his new music. I mentioned New Order, I love them and know I will never be disappointed in a setlist because they actually care about what their fans want to hear and they play it, even if they hate playing, they know people paid to hear it.
He said IANADOAC was his best, I find it completely unlistenable. as I do the new songs. However, I still love plenty of his songs. And true, I won't eat the poop :lbf:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom