Boston, MA - MGM Music Hall at Fenway (Dec. 4, 2022) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Alma Matters / We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful / Our Frank / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / I Am Veronica / Jim Jim Falls / The Bullfighter Dies / Girlfriend In A Coma / Rebels Without Applause / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / Knockabout World / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Saint In A Stained Glass Window / Irish Blood, English Heart / The Loop / Let Me Kiss You / Jack The Ripper // Sweet And Tender Hooligan

Setlist courtesy of Canadian on fire.

Last edited:
Yes, I think at the time he probably does feel like it but its a good method of keeping fans on their toes
Also " be nice or I aint coming back, baby"

I bet after recording the follow-up of BoT in Jan./Feb. 23 he will tour BoT in Spring/Summer in Europe and the rest of the world before returning to the US.

Last edited:
The setlist is too similar to the last few times he was here
No it wasn't.
Many of the songs weren't even written last time he played Boston.
Very enjoyable gig and we'll done to the one young woman who made it onto the stage at the end

Last edited:
Alma
We hate it
Our Frank
Stop me
I am Veronica
Jim
Bullfighter
Girlfriend
Rebels
Telephone
Knockabout
Sunday
Please
Saint
Irish
Loop
Let me kiss you
Jack
/Hooligan

Cryptic message at the end: »thank you for everything you have done for me, you may not see me for a long time »

Morrissey in top form, crowd not so much
Totally agree - the crowd wasn't super enthusiastic or energetic! When he went backstage, I figured the crowd would go nuts. I think because they didn't, he only did one encore.

Totally agree - the crowd wasn't super enthusiastic or energetic! When he went backstage, I figured the crowd would go nuts. I think because they didn't, he only did one encore.
Please tell me when the last gig was when he played more than one song on the encore.......
I was down near the front and the crowd was very good and appreciative

I was just 13 when I declared my intention to my family that i'd be going as Anne did. Needless to say I made everyone very, very uncomfortable. I didn't mean any harm!
I think a lot of us have been there.

I'm so glad to grow older
To move away from those darker years’

Please tell me when the last gig was when he played more than one song on the encore.......
I was down near the front and the crowd was very good and appreciative
Me too. I thought Boston was louder than Brooklyn or Newark from where I was, which was basically the same spot all three nights.

Am I the only one who found this to be the saddest Moz gig ever? Seen him at least 30x and this felt like a farewell show and that he is ready to hang it up and stop touring. Calling the audience all 'rats' with beady eyes and was acting darker and more morose than ever. He was certainly not in good spirits. Noticed him spraying throat spray between songs so he may have been hurting - but sounded great. Even the shirt toss looked and felt like an act of giving up. The repeated line "If you're gonna kill yourself..." just haunts me. Every other gig of us has had some element of joy. Not this one. Even the 'Hooligan' encore came off like a forced obligation. Great venue - pit was active and vocal, but from beginning ("sique") to end (stammered goodbye) it was a depressing experience.

What he said is a bit worrying. All his fans in that area are going to be perplexed by his words. As are the rest of us. I'm hoping it was just the way he was feeling at the time and not things drawing to a close.
Since Brenden Buckley said in an interview recently that the goal is to record an album in January and Morrissey has a lot of dates he wants to do I think this was him just feeling the sadness of the current tour ending.

He was as chatty as I have ever seen him. He was full of energy. I have no idea what he meant by "a while" but I am not reading anything into it. Perhaps he wants to come back in 2024 which would be a while if he's touring next year.

Possibly earlier if this is accurate?

View attachment 86911

Edit:
Confirmed via:

I said earlier that he threw it in the crowd after LMKY. Let me expand on that.
At some point around 4 or 5 songs in he took off his jacket and put it on the drum riser.
He ripped open his shirt on cue during LMKY and then while the band played the outro to the song he went over the drum riser and put his jacket back on with no shirt for Jack the Ripper.

As soon as SATH ended his personal security guard ran off stage with him. This was a clear sign that he was off to the car and out of the building before anyone could get there. This is how he leaves shows all the time and keeping the house lights down gives everyone more time to coordinate a clean exit.

What he said is a bit worrying. All his fans in that area are going to be perplexed by his words. As are the rest of us. I'm hoping it was just the way he was feeling at the time and not things drawing to a close.
Maybe you are, but I’m not and other fans I go to shows with “in this area” are not. Brendan has just said they’re going to record again and then hit the road next year. I think M was sad that the tour is over, it’s been a great half year from Vegas forward for him, barring the cancellations this leg, so why not be wistful when the thing you love to do most in life is over…for now?

Also, we N. American fans need to stop being greedy. Mainland Europe and S. America haven’t seen him since long before the pandemic, so maybe they’re headed there 2023-4?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom