Boston, MA - MGM Music Hall at Fenway (Dec. 4, 2022) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Alma Matters / We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful / Our Frank / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / I Am Veronica / Jim Jim Falls / The Bullfighter Dies / Girlfriend In A Coma / Rebels Without Applause / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / Knockabout World / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Saint In A Stained Glass Window / Irish Blood, English Heart / The Loop / Let Me Kiss You / Jack The Ripper // Sweet And Tender Hooligan

Setlist courtesy of Canadian on fire.

Last edited:
amybatt70-05122022-0001.jpg
amybatt70-05122022-0003.jpg

amybatt70-05122022-0002.jpg

(Amy Batt)
brendanbuckley-05122022-0001.jpg

brendanbuckley-05122022-0002.jpg

(Brendan. 2nd image - "Miro Lagioia: drum technician extraordinaire. Grazie mille amico!" )

20221205_005246.jpg

(Si_Bail)

Last edited:
Socials are very dry - may be a while for setlist.
FWD.

I almost went, had entrance to the show but declined. I will see if any of my friends are posting, I already checked and don't see anything.

Alma
We hate it
Our Frank
Stop me
I am Veronica
Jim
Bullfighter
Girlfriend
Rebels
Telephone
Knockabout
Sunday
Please
Saint
Irish
Loop
Let me kiss you
Jack
/Hooligan

Cryptic message at the end: »thank you for everything you have done for me, you may not see me for a long time »

Morrissey in top form, crowd not so much

Last edited:
Alma
We hate it
Our Frank
Stop me
I am Veronica
Jim
Bullfighter
Girlfriend
Rebels
Telephone
Knockabout
Sunday
Please
Saint
Irish
Loop
Let me kiss you
Jack
/Hooligan

Cryptic message at the end: »thank you for everything you have done for me, you may not see me for a long time »

Insanely good setlist and there were several fans with me up in the nosebleed. Unfortunately so many people saying 'wish he would play more Smiths". Gag me

Little dead setlist- nobody knew Saint or cared. Time to park knockaround.

Alma
We hate it
Our Frank
Stop me
I am Veronica
Jim
Bullfighter
Girlfriend
Rebels
Telephone
Knockabout
Sunday
Please
Saint
Irish
Loop
Let me kiss you
Jack
/Hooligan

I don’t know….we were on the floor and the crowd seemed pretty engaged.

"The saying goodbye bit (possibly like the never playing the UK again bit!?)."

Yes - exactly -we sincerely hope he didn't mean it for real! We need you Moz! Good find on the shirt.

I don’t know….we were on the floor and the crowd seemed pretty engaged.
I was on the side section 105. My section + back floor was fairly quiet. Crowd was quiet before encore, no clapping or chanting.
Was my 5th time seeing Moz (97 Montreal, 99 Denmark, 04 Earls Court + 19 Montreal) and was a more quiet vibe. His fans are getting older that’s for sure.

I was on the side section 105. My section + back floor was fairly quiet. Crowd was quiet before encore, no clapping or chanting.
Was my 5th time seeing Moz (97 Montreal, 99 Denmark, 04 Earls Court + 19 Montreal) and was a more quiet vibe. His fans are getting older that’s for sure.
Boston crowds tend to be polite. I used to go to all the clubs that used to be on that street and the people were incredibly polite, same for shows. I think the setlist didn't help.

Definitely a shirt toss during Saint/Glass. Photos are accurate. It didn't go very far, maybe 2nd row, where there was a little scuffle. Not sure how it turned out. One stage crasher, who was promptly returned to the crowd.

Rebels w/out sounded so good live. Hope they release the live version.

The announcement at the end included a thank you for letting him sing and how it saved his life, followed by the cryptic "might not see you for a long time".

As for the crowd...Boston's crowds are reserved. This venue has great sight lines, which means people do not have to stand. Set list was typical for this and many Morrissey tours, about half familar favorites, half newer songs. He isn't going all in on 20 songs from 1986-1994.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom