Boston, MA - MGM Music Hall at Fenway (Dec. 4, 2022) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Alma Matters / We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful / Our Frank / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / I Am Veronica / Jim Jim Falls / The Bullfighter Dies / Girlfriend In A Coma / Rebels Without Applause / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / Knockabout World / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Saint In A Stained Glass Window / Irish Blood, English Heart / The Loop / Let Me Kiss You / Jack The Ripper // Sweet And Tender Hooligan

Setlist courtesy of Canadian on fire.

Last edited:
Insanely good setlist and there were several fans with me up in the nosebleed. Unfortunately so many people saying 'wish he would play more Smiths". Gag me
Gag you? Why? The Smiths' songs are best, and what put the man on the map. Don't be a hipster douche.

all of the '22 pre-show ditties for your pleasure https://sptfy.com/morrisseysmusic
When I got to #600...
I need to ask:
Are you saying that from start of 2022->present ALL of these songs featured as pre-show.
To be honest, it looks like mine et al' s previous work on collating the pre-show information over many years mixed in.
Any light you can cast - appreciated.
FWD.

Regarding his words at the end. He is just keeping us in suspenders for his future work and tours. Always leave them dramatically and wanting more. Stay healthy Moz, we all need you for many years to come. Like Moz says, its his purpose x ❤️

Regarding his words at the end. He is just keeping us in suspenders for his future work and tours. Always leave them dramatically and wanting more. Stay healthy Moz, we all need you for many years to come. Like Moz says, its his purpose x ❤️
what did he say?

Gag you? Why? The Smiths' songs are best, and what put the man on the map. Don't be a hipster douche.
The Smiths is Dead!! Long live Morrissey! Don't be a poser! A true MOZ fan knows that is a diverse setlist that spans his career! The fact that MOZ builds a setlist without the obvious choices is what makes him a "Rebel without applause".

He lives in the UK, doesn't he?
"...like the never playing the UK again.. "
He was equally "cryptic" in 2015:
"Our UK days conclude, but there is no need for me to say goodbye because we will all be close for the rest of our days."
Which was taken in the same way as his comments yesterday.
The point being: he did return & play.
FWD.

"...like the never playing the UK again.. "
He was equally "cryptic" in 2015:
"Our UK days conclude, but there is no need for me to say goodbye because we will all be close for the rest of our days."
Which was taken in the same way as his comments yesterday.
The point being: he did return & play.
FWD.
Yes, he's a tease.

Yes, I think at the time he probably does feel like it but its a good method of keeping fans on their toes
Also " be nice or I aint coming back, baby"

When I got to #600...
I need to ask:
Are you saying that from start of 2022->present ALL of these songs featured as pre-show.
To be honest, it looks like mine et al' s previous work on collating the pre-show information over many years mixed in.
Any light you can cast - appreciated.
FWD.
I really enjoyed your pre show stuff.
Thanks

Good show. Loved the Alma opener. I wondered if he would mention the Royals, since William and Kate were not only in Boston this week, but on the very stage where Moz was performing. He got more boo's than applause when he mentioned them negatively.

Let's talk about the back drops. I don't mind a fixed photo, even though I rarely recognize them and when I do it adds nothing to the performance. But what's up with the silly gifs that they put up between every song and even during a couple of songs? The movement of them is very distracting!

Yes, but it doesn't mean he has to play gigs there. Anyway, it was typical M "I changed my mind again"
As he was back out in force two years later
Actually, I don't know if he still does because I also heard that he was living in LA although I don't know why. UK is so much more fun to be

Actually, I don't know if he still does because I also heard that he was living in LA although I don't know why. UK is so much more fun to be
He is still living in the UK , as of two years ago. He comes to LA a lot still, but he hasn't moved back but I don't know
I do know when he lived in LA last time, he spent a lot of time in the UK. That could be as his mum was getting older though.
Not sure why you think the UK is more fun than LA. I work a lot in LA but still live in the UK. I f***ing hate going back. The UK was much better than USA until 2000. Since then f*** all has happened. No great new bands, no youth cults. The country is now as dumb as the USA. The UK (especially Eng;and) isn't what it was. I would live full time in LA just for the weather.

The setlist is too similar to the last few times he was here
You mean eight years ago when he played exactly one of the same songs he played last night?
Or maybe 10 years ago when he played three of the same songs?

Wow, what a night. It's been a long time since I've been home for a show...this one did not disappoint. I thought it was a very strong setlist and all were in great spirits. From where I was in front of Juan, the crowd was really loud. Jim Jim Falls, Veronica and Saint in a Stained Glass Window get stronger every time I see them. Too many highlights for me to mention. Please Please though....waaaaaaaah. I was just over the moon that it was such a good show in my hometown, it just felt special. It would be nice to have Bonfire released so I can play Saint on replay for several hours through my first day back at work....it is just gorgeous. I'm curious to hear the other tracks on the album now that we've heard these few.

I personally read the reference to "may not see you for a while" as in, he hadn't been here for 8 years, may be that long again, not that he was done touring. Plus, we know he's recording/touring next year per Brendan, and I still have a postponed ticket at The Greek burning a hole in my pocket.

Now to get back to the grind to pay this off and start saving for the next tour...

The setlist is too similar to the last few times he was here
The past 3 times he played Massachusetts, 2 in Boston and 1 in Worcester he played the following songs that were also played last night:

Alma Matters (2012, 2015)
Everyday Is Like Sunday (2012, 2015)
Let Me Kiss You (2012)
The Bullfighter Dies (2014, 2015)

4 out of 19 is too similar?

where do i even begin? the evening with morrissey, our last for what was threatened for some time, was magical. not the disney kind of magical. the morrissey kind of magical.

i feel like i'm waking up from a morrissey fever dream. did i really just hear them play alma matters AND let me kiss you at the same show (first since honolulu for me)? yes. did i really get to see him close out a tour tonight? i did. did i really see four consecutive shows a la julia (whatever happened to her -btw?)? you betcha.

mr. morrissey doesn't let us peek very much behind the curtain on many personal details, but the opening and closing remarks i thought were telling: "s-i-q-u-e spells sick" and in closing ...

"we would like to thank our beloved crew for this tour. i would like to thank you for allowing me to sing. it saved my life, and i'm grateful, i'm very grateful. but i'm saying goodbye to you now, and i might not see you for a long time, but thank you for everything, and thank you for everything you've done for me which is enormous. i'm very grateful. i wish you never lonely, never lonely, shalom." (sath drops)

it should be noted that he had his hands in his pockets while saying the above with a slight shoulder raise, reminding me of something a boy or young man might do while conveying something important, but delicate. what you choose to conclude from those observations, do so. it had the feel of something still yet developing to me. i don't recall him speaking so candidly and sincerely about his gratitude for his following during a live show. someone will surely remind me if he has, i have no doubt. the body language only enhanced the sense of gravity around this 'i'll see ya when i see ya' kind of message.

what i loved about tonight was his passion. i believe he had a belt on so wasn't being needlessly distracted by slouching slacks. he seemed very present, and deliberate. his voice was incredible. the band - absolute professionals. and definitely give it up for the crew - like a well oiled machine they are - merch staff included.

i saw only one stage invader - i imagine security was much more proactive given the last night of the tour. she was handled humanely from my angle.

i was in the orchestra and found the crowd to be into it around me. what was different about tonight than other venues was how folks would sit down at times. i thought that was funny. it looked like it was sold out - it was three tiers of solid people in all directions.

i look forward to what's to come. even if it may not be right away - patience is a virtue, after all.

What he said is a bit worrying. All his fans in that area are going to be perplexed by his words. As are the rest of us. I'm hoping it was just the way he was feeling at the time and not things drawing to a close.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom