Boston, MA - Boston Opera House (June 7, 2014) post-show

Discussion in 'Tour archive (read-only)' started by davidt, Jun 8, 2014.

By davidt on Jun 8, 2014 at 3:30 AM
  1. davidt

davidt Administrator Staff Member Moderator Subscriber

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

The Queen Is Dead / You Have Killed Me / Certain People I Know / Ganglord / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Kick The Bride Down The Aisle / The Bullfighter Dies / Trouble Loves Me / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / To Give (The Reason I Live) / Life Is A Pigsty / Istanbul / Yes, I Am Blind / Earth Is The Loneliest Planet / Meat Is Murder / Speedway // Asleep / First Of The Gang To Die

set list provided by FROSTY.

Last edited: May 15, 2016

Comments

Discussion in 'Tour archive (read-only)' started by davidt, Jun 8, 2014.

1. FROSTY
      FROSTY
      1. The queen is dead
      2. You have killed me
      3. Certain People I know
      4. Ganglord
      5. Im throwing my arms around Paris
      6. Kick the bride down the aisle
      7. The Bullfighter died
      8. Trouble loves me
      9. World Peace is None of your business
      10. To give the reason I live
      11. Life is a pig sty
      12. Istanbul
      13. Yes I am blind
      14. Earth is the loneliest planet
      15. Meat is murder
      16. Speedway
      17. Asleep
      18. The first of the gang to die
    2. Harsh Truth
      Harsh Truth
      Queen is dead opener
    3. docinwestchester
    4. Harsh Truth
      Harsh Truth
      Kick the Bride had it's moments but a couple clumsy lyrics on first listen. Good though. I think. Show could have used a mid-set pick- me-up or two, but overall very good. Very loud, which is a good thing. Some good stage invasion attempts during the encore, but I will say for a guy who is quick to lambast venue security, his own toughs really throttle invaders by the neck these days.
    5. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Did Moz seem fully recovered and chatty, HT?
    6. ThievesLikeUs
      ThievesLikeUs
      "Queen Is Dead" opener...and KY off the tour...hahaha..Morrissey I love your sense of humor :)
    7. docinwestchester
      docinwestchester
    8. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Morrissey was INCREDIBLE tonite. Kicking KY off the tour gave him new life. He's on fire!!! This was the best concert of the tour thus far.
    9. FROSTY
      FROSTY
      Fantastic :^)
    10. CamilleSebastianMelmoth
      CamilleSebastianMelmoth
      What is on his jacket? Medals maybe? No more taking shirt off? Pity
    11. docinwestchester
      docinwestchester
    12. Compadre
      Compadre
      Pretty sure they are PETA stickers. He seems to be wearing them at every concert.

- - - Updated - - -

Glad to hear it!! Someone tweeted he named all the golden girls - anyone recall some of his banter? thanks.

13. docinwestchester
      docinwestchester
    14. CrystalGeezer
      CrystalGeezer
      I'm going to take a random guess it was something along the lines of "...Rose, Blanche, Dorothy and Sophia...." :p
    15. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Was there an opening band?
    16. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      No opening band. Went on at 9 on the dot.

He named the famous women that had been on the same stage and how none of them were presidents. He then said he had gone to the Boston tourist office to learn about the city and he took out a little green card and started saying something about suspension bridges, then ripped up the paper. He was chatty tonight. Also there was a shirt toss during First of the Gang.
    17. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      It would be so great to see a Morrissey concert without having to sit through a KY opening act.
    18. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      No, there was not.
    19. eyeball
      eyeball
      best instagram quote re : morrissey in boston "he made a bizarre speech with no clear point while naming all of the Golden Girls"