Born on this day Kurt Cobain

Mudbug

Born on this day 20th Feb 1967, Kurt Cobain, guitarist, singer, songwriter with Nirvana who had the 1991 UK No.7 and 1992 US No.6 single 'Smells Like Teen Spirit', taken from their 1991 album 'Nevermind' which spent over two years on the UK chart and was a US No.1 album in 1992. During the last years of his life, Cobain struggled with heroin addiction, illness and depression. He also had difficulty coping with his fame and public image. Cobain committed suicide on April 5th 1994.
http://www.thisdayinmusic.com/pages/kurt_cobain

A lot of people say this guy was overrated

but show me a mid-20 year old who did more to change music since Cobain died.

Nirvana are right up there with the Smiths, NIN and Suede as my favourite band of all time. Going to light some candles and listen to a f***load of Nirvana records as the sun goes down tonight

A lot of people say this guy was overrated

but show me a mid-20 year old who did more to change music since Cobain died.

Nirvana are right up there with the Smiths, NIN and Suede as my favourite band of all time. Going to light some candles and listen to a f***load of Nirvana records as the sun goes down tonight

Was never a fan of his when he was alive. But after I saw the documentary Kurt Cobain About a Son, I gained a whole new perspective. He was an intelligetnt, sensitive, and talented artist.

Back
Top Bottom