Book of Condolence Thread

I do not recall Smelly, but my prayers are with his family and friends.

Nana Moon!

Nana_and_Alfie_Moon_385070a.jpg

Norman Mailer. The only work of his I know is The Executioner's Song. Someone donated it when I worked weekends at the Salvation Army and I kept it until I finished it. It's an excellent book, well researched, lots of detail, but never boring.
Truman Capote felt that his idea for "In Cold Blood", the invention, the "true life novel" was copied in this book, and maybe it was. Both books are essential, I think.
Norman Mailer was 84.

Quiet Riot singer Kevin DuBrow has died at 52, according to CNN.

Cause of death was listed as "blunt force trauma to head" and "impaired metal health."

I hate heavy metal, but back in school, my best friends were huge fans of Quiet Riot, Motley Crue, and other hair bands, and so I'm embarrassingly familiar with these guys. Anyway, RIP, Mr. DuBrow. Weer all crazee now because of you.

art.dubrow.gi.jpg

Sean Taylor, star safety for the NFL's Washington Redskins, died early Tuesday morning as a result of a shooting in his home. He was shot in the groin, severing his femoral artery. He was 24, and he leaves behind an 18-month-old daughter. A Pro-Bowler last year, he was an emerging star who was beginning to turn his life around.

RIP Sean. :(

Sean Taylor, star safety for the NF L's Washington Redskins, died early Tuesday morning as a result of a shooting in his home. He was shot in the groin, severing his femoral artery. He was 24, and he leaves behind an 18-month-old daughter. A Pro-Bowler last year, he was an emerging star who was beginning to turn his life around.

RIP Sean. :(

He played football and was a professional bowler? That's a weird combination.

hahaha no. pro-bowler is a football term. doesnt that mean he played in the football "allstar" type game they have at the end of the season, warrie? or anyone?

:D:D:D Sorry, yes, the Pro Bowl is the annual post-season All-Star game that they play in Hawaii.

Evel Knievel

I remember as a kid watching TV of Evel at Wembley Stadium attempting to jump a load of double decker busses and practically breaking every bone his body!
Then at Xmas or birthdays, we got the Evel Knievel stunt bike that always looked great on the adverts... but not in my back garden:(

RIP

Jukebox Jury

Last edited:
Evil Kinevil (apologies if that surname is spelt wrong.)

I remember as a kid watching TV of Evil at Wembley Stadium attempting to jump a load of double decker busses and breaking every bone his body!
Then at Xmas or birthdays. we got the Evil Kinevil stunt bike that always looked great on the adverts... but not in my back garden:(

RIP

Jukebox Jury

Evel Knievel​

71zk2dx.jpg

Last December, daredevil Evel Knievel filed a lawsuit against Kanye West over West's video for "Touch the Sky" in which the rapper plays "Evel Kanyevel" and tries to jump over a canyon on a motorcycle. Knievel claimed West was infringing on his trademark name and likeness and actually said, "That video that Kanye West put out is the most worthless piece of crap I’ve ever seen in my life, and he uses my image to catapult himself on the public."

But things are now apparently resolved — Kanye visited Knievel at his Tampa, Florida, home recently to "lay the matter to rest" and to take this awesome picture, sent to us by West's publicist. The expressions on their faces seem to indicate that very little money changed hands.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Who do you think you are ? Evil Knievel ?"

Well,he WAS . Happy jumping in heaven,Mr K

Back
Top Bottom