Book of Condolence Thread

Such shocking and tragic news. Another part of my childhood gone. A wonderful life cut short. She'll be sorely missed. Heaven's gain is truly our loss. Rest in Peace Nurse Gladys. You were a light and inspiration. God bless you x

Penned articles & reviews re: Morrissey.

RIP William Hurt
Mr. Hurt acted in a lotta great pictures, includin' The Big Chill,
Broadcast News and Smoke, to just name a few.

Recently just seen'em in Until The End Of The World.

RIP William Hurt
Mr. Hurt acted in a lotta great pictures, includin' The Big Chill,
Broadcast News and Smoke, to just name a few.

Recently just seen'em in Until The End Of The World.

Seen him in so many movies but remember him best from "Into the Wild" because he was so very convincing in representing the opposite of being "wild".

I was sad to read that the person who posted here as 'Reality Bites' has passed away.

To all her family and friends, I'm genuinely sorry for your loss and regret not realizing sooner that this sad event had happened.

Over several years we both got involved in some thrilling and tempestuous debates about Meat, Veganism and all sorts of other good stuff. Sometimes it got 'heated' and emotional artillery was exchanged, but in general I think we both got a lot of fun and education from grappling with complex ideas and even expanding them.

I'm sad to think that there's never going to be an opportunity to engage with her again, but I have only fond memories of her combative style, her dedication to her threads and how she handled what, at times, were quite difficult interactions with some 'troubled' members of this troubled community.

As she was an atheist, I will refrain from offering any religious motifs about leaving this planet of visions, planet of war, planet of online forums where we can waste our time and not realize the sand is running through the glass.

If by some miracle there's a 'quantum connection' that can open up to where you are or the void where you are not, I'd just like to say thank you for all the fun times and for your challenging mind.

rest in peace

Brummie Boy

I was sad to read that the person who posted here as 'Reality Bites' has passed away.

To all her family and friends, I'm genuinely sorry for your loss and regret not realizing sooner that this sad event had happened.

Over several years we both got involved in some thrilling and tempestuous debates about Meat, Veganism and all sorts of other good stuff. Sometimes it got 'heated' and emotional artillery was exchanged, but in general I think we both got a lot of fun and education from grappling with complex ideas and even expanding them.

I'm sad to think that there's never going to be an opportunity to engage with her again, but I have only fond memories of her combative style, her dedication to her threads and how she handled what, at times, were quite difficult interactions with some 'troubled' members of this troubled community.

As she was an atheist, I will refrain from offering any religious motifs about leaving this planet of visions, planet of war, planet of online forums where we can waste our time and not realize the sand is running through the glass.

If by some miracle there's a 'quantum connection' that can open up to where you are or the void where you are not, I'd just like to say thank you for all the fun times and for your challenging mind.

rest in peace

Brummie Boy
I flip in and out of these pages infrequently these days, so I missed the original post that said Reality Bites had died. So this today came as news to me and I must say I was shocked and surprisingly upset by the news, I can only agree with the sentiment in Brummie Boys post as I was never very chatty or friendly with her but she was a constant and interesting character on these boards, and I to am saddened by the news, all be it belatedly.

Screenshot_20220326-150251~2.png

IMG_20220326_150241.jpg

RIP C.W. McCall
Best known for his song "Convoy", he also released many other songs,
includin' the prophetic song "There Won’t Be No Country Music
(There Won’t Be No Rock ‘n’ Roll)".

So listen well, my brothers
When you hear the night wind sigh
And you see the wild goose flying
Through the gray, polluted sky
There won't be no country music
There won't be no rock 'n' roll
'Cause when they take away our country
They'll take away our soul

C.W. knew how deep it could get.

Autobiography:
"England calls with an offer of a role on EastEnders, as the son (so far unmentioned) of the character Dot Cotton. I would arrive unexpectedly in Albert Square and cause births, deaths and factory fires every time I opened my mouth – numb to shame throughout. Funnier still, an offer slides in for a role in Emmerdale, and the most fascinating aspect of both offers is that somebody somewhere had thought it a good idea.
Since I dare not be myself, I would surely be even worse as an actor."

(Some attached to the show dispute Morrissey's assertion).
Regards,
FWD.

Autobiography:
"England calls with an offer of a role on EastEnders, as the son (so far unmentioned) of the character Dot Cotton. I would arrive unexpectedly in Albert Square and cause births, deaths and factory fires every time I opened my mouth – numb to shame throughout. Funnier still, an offer slides in for a role in Emmerdale, and the most fascinating aspect of both offers is that somebody somewhere had thought it a good idea.
Since I dare not be myself, I would surely be even worse as an actor."

(Some attached to the show dispute Morrissey's assertion).
Regards,
FWD.

Not a bad innings considering she smoked 20 cigs a day 79 years!

IMG_20220404_154928.jpg
IMG_20220404_154940.jpg
IMG_20220404_154911.jpg

RIP Jordan.
Punk icon & legend.
FWD.

Add:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom