Book of Condolence Thread

Is Ms Didion a writer ya been influenced by rif?
yes, turk!! she was an especially good essayist, a better essayist than a novelist, i find. i especially like her essays 'on keeping a notebook', 'at the dam', and 'in bed'. but it's just the whole image of joan didion that for me stands as the hallmark of the notion of 'female writer'. i mean, as an aspiring female writer you dont want to be dumpy frumpy anne rice with her gothic bloodsucking fantasies only 12 year old girls and dave could possibly be interested in, you want to be cool, chic, razor sharp joan didion.

yes, turk!! she was an especially good essayist, a better essayist than a novelist, i find. i especially like her essays 'on keeping a notebook', 'at the dam', and 'in bed'. but it's just the whole image of joan didion that for me stands as the hallmark of the notion of 'female writer'. i mean, as an aspiring female writer you dont want to be dumpy frumpy anne rice with her gothic bloodsucking fantasies only 12 year old girls and dave could possibly be interested in, you want to be cool, chic, razor sharp joan didion.

Only ever read Play It As It Lays, but ain't ever read her essays.
Like that title On Keepin' A Notebook, so I'll try to get a hold of it.
Ya got that cool, chic and sharpness ya ownself rif!
Have ya ever considered exclusively wearin' Culottes?

Only ever read Play It As It Lays, but ain't ever read her essays.
Like that title On Keepin' A Notebook, so I'll try to get a hold of it.
Ya got that cool, chic and sharpness ya ownself rif!
Have ya ever considered exclusively wearin' Culottes?
aw love ya, ya crazy bird! you are TOO kind!! :hearteyes:

culottes, did ya say, wildT?! why ever would i exclusively wear culottes?! are ya sayin' that that's what ya gotta wear to be cool?! :unsure:

Rumours on Social Media that Janice Long has died.

Hope this isn’t true. A long-time friend and supporter of Morrissey and Kirsty MacColl.

Rumours on Social Media that Janice Long has died.

Hope this isn’t true. A long-time friend and supporter of Morrissey and Kirsty MacColl.

Just starting to see some messages on my social media feeds, although some are saying it's a hoax.

aw love ya, ya crazy bird! you are TOO kind!! :hearteyes:

culottes, did ya say, wildT?! why ever would i exclusively wear culottes?! are ya sayin' that that's what ya gotta wear to be cool?! :unsure:

Thanks rif. Love ya too!
That culottes stuff was a kinda bad joke.
Ya know, like cool-lottes.
Ah... whatever.

desmond tutu,he was the original vicar in a tutu.r.i.p.

john-madden-ap-6jpg.jpg

Screenshot_20211229-032859~2.png

RIP player, coach & broadcaster John Madden.
Died aged 85.
FWD.

Back
Top Bottom