Book of Condolence Thread

RIP Helen Reddy, aged 78. Those of us who grew up in the 70s with Radio 2 playing permanently in the background will remember her well.
Indeed. And the weirdest lyrics ever - and I mean EVER - written were for Angie Baby. Just plain nuts.

Indeed. And the weirdest lyrics ever - and I mean EVER - written were for Angie Baby. Just plain nuts.

not too weird really. It’s just about a girl in love with her radio.

not too weird really. It’s just about a girl in love with her radio.

I think it's got a female empowerment horror element to it where a boy breaks into her room to attack her & the radio casts a spell on him, traps him in the radio & she gets the power over him.

I could imagine a teenage boy finding it a bit confusing.

I have a vague memory of Johnny Marr recalling, in an interview, that all Smiths members once attended a Van Halen concert and had a splendid night :) In California that was, I think.

I have a vague memory of Johnny Marr recalling, in an interview, that all Smiths members once attended a Van Halen concert and had a splendid night :) In California that was, I think.

The interview in question:

(Van Halen might have been an influence on the guitar solo on Shoplifters Of The World Unite)

RIP Johnny Nash.
Died aged 80.

Nash was on the Major Minor record label before it was resurrected in 2010 for Morrissey.

Eddie was a genius in the true meanin', cause he was the first to play in his own unique way.
He even had to build his own guitar to get the tones he was chasin'.
RIP EVH.

This is Eddie Van Halen,
howling at the stars,
combing the stratosphere,
howling for the children,
the burning fields,
then free,
flies two-handed,
straight into the
celestial realm
where all
is music.