Book of Condolence Thread

Florian, and Dave Greenfield in two days?
it's okay though, we still have my hot sexy lover neil codling, he can play all their keyboards

1104.jpg

RIP Little Richard.
Died aged 87.

Marr/Girl Afraid/Mozipedia:
The title was taken from the 1943 Bette DAVIS film Old Acquaintance, about two friends who unwittingly become rival authors: near the beginning of the film, Girl Afraid appears in a montage of trashy potboilers from Davis’s on-screen nemesis played by Miriam Hopkins. Marr’s sabre-toothed twang, written the day after returning from their illness-stricken New Year’s trip to New York, was inspired by his current obsession with Little Richard. ‘I just kept thinking, “What’d sound like a Little Richard piano figure on guitar?”’ he explains. ‘Which is how I came up with it.’ The finished track was a classic example of The Smiths’ thrifty brilliance, being largely instrumental with just two pithy verses. Marr’s brief prologue mocked the God that only gave him ten fingers, a plectrum hummingbird blur almost ditched in favour of an alternate vocal intro."

Total legend.
FWD.

Last edited:
Another frutti gone

RIP Mary Pratt
Last survivin' member of the Rockford Peaches who were highlighted in the film A League Of Their Own.
Mary also pitched for the Kenosha Comets.
She'd strike ya out real fast.

MaryPratt.jpg

I hope you meant Jerry was a hilarious actor.

I liked watching him in Seinfeld. RIP.

yeah I totally did. I only realized how it could sound after the fact. He stood out in hairspray as well as a bunch of other stuff. I used to watch king of queens in the middle of the night and he was funny even there

RIP Michel Piccoli

I had a priviledge to meet him in 2005 when he was starring a play "Your Hand Is Mine" at Barbican.
He came to cinema for Q&A after the screening of Bunel's Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie.

One of my favourite films is La Belle Noiseuse, mesmarising to watch his performance.

RIP Ken Osmond, (Eddie Haskell from Leave it to Beaver). Once of the California Son's favorite TV shows and a fellow Moz Angeles hometown resident.

Just set this up on my TV looking forward to it.
Was hoping to see New Order play JD songs. But the interviews with Stephen Morris, Mark Reeder, and Bernard Sumner were very good. Great to see Maxine Peake reading 'She's Lost Control". I thought a lot of the music clashed with the very idea of Joy Division. Kodaline? I'm Irish but that band is one step above Westlife. The Elbow songs were a repeat of a previous stream. I liked the show but to me it was a missed opportunity. Hooky should have been interviewed. New Order should have played a song.

They could have done an Ian Curtis/Florian Schneider tribute with focus on music from JD and Kraftwerk. I think they would have complimented each other.

p.s. Sumner is so negative. His last comment was that "the general public idolise people but the band members remember all the times that person was an asshole". A needlessly cranky and hurtful end to his interview. Plus he talked too much about New Order when he should have been talking about Ian.

I reckon this thread should not be a place to "mourn" selfish cowardly people who kill themselves. It is so anti Catholic California Son. No wonder why the California Son hates So-Low chipper curry fark arse inn nn n nnn n n n n nnn nn it.

Last edited:
RIP Ken Osmond, (Eddie Haskell from Leave it to Beaver). Once of the California Son's favorite TV shows and a fellow Moz Angeles hometown resident.
For once you write something real and understandable. All your other posts read like James Ellroy on speed being mauled by his demon dog. Innit?

RIP Ken.
Gee, Wally...

FWD.

Reckon Low in Mayfield High School. Glendale's own Eddie Haskel was a bad ass LAPD motorcycle cop after Leave it to Beaver and took 5 caps in his vest chasing a car thief. Reckon the California Son Junior won't know who he was unless his dad tells him to post on the internet inn nn nnn nnn nnn nn n nnn n it.

Was hoping to see New Order play JD songs. But the interviews with Stephen Morris, Mark Reeder, and Bernard Sumner were very good. Great to see Maxine Peake reading 'She's Lost Control". I thought a lot of the music clashed with the very idea of Joy Division. Kodaline? I'm Irish but that band is one step above Westlife. The Elbow songs were a repeat of a previous stream. I liked the show but to me it was a missed opportunity. Hooky should have been interviewed. New Order should have played a song.

They could have done an Ian Curtis/Florian Schneider tribute with focus on music from JD and Kraftwerk. I think they would have complimented each other.

p.s. Sumner is so negative. His last comment was that "the general public idolise people but the band members remember all the times that person was an asshole". A needlessly cranky and hurtful end to his interview. Plus he talked too much about New Order when he should have been talking about Ian.

Agree with everything you say, I enjoyed the Killers video where they used footage from Control. Looks like there were a lot of people visited the cemetery yesterday. The little cactus was left by Hooky.

E0567198-F22D-4E71-BDE5-0C51C0FE0CFF.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom