Book of Condolence Thread

Tom petty. Wrote some good songs, said some wise things, voiced a great character on king of the hill

Yeah I had my phases with Tom and the Heartbreakers for sure :(

Roxette must be gutted as they became great friends with him cause he was a massive fan of them.

Loved his voice singing "And I'm free, free falling" but that was just about the only thing I admired but still a sad loss.

He is free now!

I liked his attitude towards lawsuits. When asked if he was gonna sue the chilli peppers for plagiarism he said he didn't think there was any wrong intent and that he didn't believe in frivolous lawsuits over pop songs. Also his talk on being hit as a child and his anger issues latter in life showed a lot of insight

Roxette must be gutted as they became great friends with him cause he was a massive fan of them.

Loved his voice singing "And I'm free, free falling" but that was just about the only thing I admired but still a sad loss.

He is free now!

I want to add why Per and Marie from Roxette became good friends with Tom. They were on tour in Europe and did some interviews at a big mansion in Amsterdam when Tom Petty appeared in a window a few storeys up and he shouted "I love your record".

Per and Marie from Roxette have been fans of his music for many years and I am pretty sure they said in a tv interview they shouted back "we love your records".

58 dead, over 500 injured, yet we give the Oh no to Tom Petty.

I'm not saying that Tom Petty's situation isn't sad, more a commentary on how everyday celebrity news can sweep away focus from the true tragedies of life.

I'm not saying that Tom Petty's situation isn't sad, more a commentary on how everyday celebrity news can sweep away focus from the true tragedies of life.

I agree although more than one news item a day can fit into our minds I hope. How they declared him dead when not says a lot about the fake news we live with these days.

The old saying "one man's death is a tragedy a million is a statistic" is something we are almost reminded of on a daily basis now.

Me and Pernilla watch the Las Vegas police working on the Strip regularly so I hope the cop with the very bright teeth is ok cause he seems to be a good soul.

Personally the horror of the situation is exactly why I'm not commenting here. I've no desire to see serious topics such as this degraded as they often are here. The immigration conversation is barely tolerable and I'm not even participating

I agree although more than one news item a day can fit into our minds I hope. How they declared him dead when not says a lot about the fake news we live with these days.

The old saying "one man's death is a tragedy a million is a statistic" is something we are almost reminded of on a daily basis now.

Me and Pernilla watch the Las Vegas police working on the Strip regularly so I hope the cop with the very bright teeth is ok cause he seems to be a good soul.
That saying has been in my head lately. Yes, of course more than one headline can occupy minds at once. Just contemplating the celebrity death cult that is pervasive in the media, and how it clashed in a seemingly tone deaf way against the news out of Las Vegas.

Personally the horror of the situation is exactly why I'm not commenting here. I've no desire to see serious topics such as this degraded as they often are here. The immigration conversation is barely tolerable and I'm not even participating
I respect that. I should hope that there's no celebration of or joking about this topic.

Tom Petty. I have a huge soft spot for Tom. He's been the only American guitar artist that I really liked. He always seemed a bit more artistic that Bruce Springsteen. 66 is too young. I don't know what Johnny thought of Tom, but I'm sure Johnny admired him.

600.jpg

Bo "Bosse" Holmström, legendary swedish tv reporter has died at the age of 78. He became a household name when he was reporting from the West Germany embassy in Stockholm during the Red Army Faction siege in 1975.

When a bomb exploded he famously shouted to the studio to let the camera roll so he could report live:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_German_Embassy_siege

He had many ties with the town of Eskilstuna and it was at the hospital here that he sadly had to amputate a leg cause of diabetes which meant he could not work as a reporter anymore. He was the conferencier for a number of years in Eskilstuna during the handing out of the Eskilstuna Statue of Eskil to locals who achieved something in sports and business and entertainment.

His last famous job as a reporter was when he reported from outside the hospital where Anna Lindh died from the stab wounds after being attacked at a Stockholm mall. She was the minister for foreign affairs at the time of her death.

This is a man whose voice and face has been on tv since I was a kid.

Last edited:
Walter Lassally (1926 - 2017)

Very sad to learn that cinematographer Walter Lassally passed away.

He shot many classics such as The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner, Tom Jones etc.

In November 2011 I had a privilege to attend 50th anniversary screening of A Taste of Honey with Mr Lassally, Rita Tushingham and Murray Melvin.

RIP.

Back
Top Bottom