Book of Condolence Thread

Urban has 'died' on this forum and come back more times than Morrissey has had a compilation album.....
Even if this time is real, no one can be blamed for being skeptical about this serial Peter & The Wolf.
He used the name Peter when he travelled to England cause Urban was too weird to use he stated more than once in the chatroom and on this forum.

If Urban had a girlfriend he wouldn't have spent his entire life on here :laughing:
People deal with loss in different ways and it seems you like many others struggle to let go and I cannot for the life of me understand why. Maybe someone leaving is like when someone on drugs gives it up and those left behind feel bad. Don't be that guy.

I have just been able to read the obituary posted earlier this week by a journalist who was close to Urbanus. I doubt I have ever read something as heart warming and funny and it was truly in the style of Urbanus himself.
It seems he did far more than he ever told us about so that made me feel stupid cause I accused him of always going on about himself and things in his life but it seems that was just snippets in the grand scheme of things.

I was deeply saddened when I learned of Anthony Bourdain’s suicide yesterday. Despite the nasty things he said about vegetarians and his enthusiasm for eating disgusting meaty bits, I could not help myself from admiring him. Like a moth to a flame.

I’ve followed Bourdain for many years. Watched his shows in all their incarnations, read his books and been to his lectures. His gift of edgy storytelling and exploring all the nooks and crannies around the world, using food as his entry point, was endlessly inspiring to me as a travel writer.

His open discussion of his challenges and addictions made me admire him all the more. He had clawed his way out of that hole and risen to the top of his profession. He continuously reinvented his career and wrote his own rules. He seemed to have found happiness and success. The darkness he must have privately wrestled with now appears to have been too strong, even for him. Those left behind search for the courage to continue on as another hero opts out.

I like this tribute from Anderson Cooper last night. The two had genuine affection for each other and I enjoyed watching their banter. Some context, too, for those who don’t know, Cooper lost his brother to suicide while he was still young so Bourdains’s death must trigger all that pain as well. Additionally, Cooper has some of the strangest food habits, superstitions and is extremely picky, even more so than Moz. To see Bourdain getting/tricking him into eatting so many things is extraordinary and I’m sure why it’s included in these clips.

Nice post. Love Anderson's tribute.

I have just been able to read the obituary posted earlier this week by a journalist who was close to Urbanus. I doubt I have ever read something as heart warming and funny and it was truly in the style of Urbanus himself.
It seems he did far more than he ever told us about so that made me feel stupid cause I accused him of always going on about himself and things in his life but it seems that was just snippets in the grand scheme of things.
Shit or get off the pot. Time to post a link or move on. I’ve grown weary of you.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing the link for us all to read.

Oh wait.... you didn't.....

People deal with loss in different ways and it seems you like many others struggle to let go and I cannot for the life of me understand why. Maybe someone leaving is like when someone on drugs gives it up and those left behind feel bad. Don't be that guy.
Ha ha ha left behind? Not in the slightest. I'm just not gullible enough to fall for the latest ''Passing Of Urban'' part 37

Ha ha ha left behind? Not in the slightest. I'm just not gullible enough to fall for the latest ''Passing Of Urban'' part 37
You spend enormous amounts of time obsessing over people here. I guess your home doesn't come with mirrors but you sure could use one, oh wait, that is probably not such a good idea after all.

Urban is one sick attention-seeking f*** who couldn't handle that a genuinely ill member stole his show so he faked his own death (again). Too bad nobody gives a f***.

I was deeply saddened when I learned of Anthony Bourdain’s suicide yesterday. Despite the nasty things he said about vegetarians and his enthusiasm for eating disgusting meaty bits, I could not help myself from admiring him. Like a moth to a flame.

I’ve followed Bourdain for many years. Watched his shows in all their incarnations, read his books and been to his lectures. His gift of edgy storytelling and exploring all the nooks and crannies around the world, using food as his entry point, was endlessly inspiring to me as a travel writer.

His open discussion of his challenges and addictions made me admire him all the more. He had clawed his way out of that hole and risen to the top of his profession. He continuously reinvented his career and wrote his own rules. He seemed to have found happiness and success. The darkness he must have privately wrestled with now appears to have been too strong, even for him. Those left behind search for the courage to continue on as another hero opts out.

I like this tribute from Anderson Cooper last night. The two had genuine affection for each other and I enjoyed watching their banter. Some context, too, for those who don’t know, Cooper lost his brother to suicide while he was still young so Bourdains’s death must trigger all that pain as well. Additionally, Cooper has some of the strangest food habits, superstitions and is extremely picky, even more so than Moz. To see Bourdain getting/tricking him into eatting so many things is extraordinary and I’m sure why it’s included in these clips.

I love that tribute. Anthony was a true original. He was someone I’d also followed and whose work I’ve admired since 2000.
Hi death is such a sad loss in many ways and one that will take a while for me to get over.

Last edited:
Strömsholms Jazz Museum 1999-2018. Dads fave place for concerts, jazz mostly but also other types of music, is no more after the new idiot owner who took over in 2014 threw in the towel. Not that dad went in recent years when the new guy took over but sad anyway.

A tribute to the old owner and his band playing there live a few years ago.

RIP comic book legend Steve Ditko.
Died aged 90.
g0ft8fh8hpty.jpg

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2018/jul/07/spider-man-co-creator-steve-ditko-dies-aged-90

Back
Top Bottom