Book of Condolence Thread

Screenshot_20220406-005714.png

Been listenin' to Gilbert's and Frank's podcast for years now.
Every Monday a new episode would come out.
Gilbert's been doin' his part of the podcast from down in Florida
for awhile now and now I'm kinda wonderin' if it was health related.
Sure am gonna miss listenin' to'em.
Gilbert was one of the last wild comics left.
Super funny.

arno , belgian singer RIP 1949-2022

Arno , Begian singer , died of cancer this saturday. He was extremely popular and quite an iconic singer on the continent.The "Belgian Tom Waits" started with TC matics and their cult song "Putain , Putain" and went on solo..Brilliant on stage , funny and truly European... Sadly missed.

"Putain , Putain"

"Comme à Ostende "

RIP Jeff Locher AKA Big Jeff (June 18, 1970 - April 21, 2022)
(aka BigGoof009 here on solo.)
bigjeff.jpg

[Photo was taken April 26th, 2003]

The longtime Morrissey fan passed away April 21st. He was a friend to many here on solo and a fixture at many Morrissey/Smiths events during the past 20+ years. He was the nicest guy anyone could ever meet. Hold On To Your Friends.

George Pérez, the comic book artist known for multiple major DC and Marvel works, including New Teen Titans and Avengers, has died at age 67.

Comic book legend.
RIP.

devastated to hear of the passing of dennis waterman,the sweeney is probably my favourite programme of all time,usually watch an episode while im having my dinner at night.another of the tv greats from the 70s gone,certainly wont be forgotten.r.i.p. dennis.

nick cave's 31 year old son jethro lazenby. poor nick cave, he's had a hell of a time. still, im glad it wasnt him. when i saw his picture and the word 'died' in the headline stuck out at me my heart sank until i realized it wasnt referring to him.

"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
VANGELIS RIP

RIP Bob Neuwirth

“Like Keruoac had immortalized Neal Cassady in On the Road, someone should have
immortalized Neuwirth. He was that kind of character … With his tongue, he ripped
and slashed and could make anybody uneasy, also could talk his way out of anything.
Nobody knew what to make of him. If there was ever a renaissance man leaping in and
out of things, he would have to be it.”
- Bob Dylan

“He was good at everything. He was a great songwriter. A moving singer. A really fine painter.
He had so much magnetism; you couldn’t not be drawn to him. But it wasn’t because he was
aggressive. He just wasn’t the kind of person who pushed own agenda on a situation.”
- Patti Smith

Bob-Neuwirth-1964.jpg

Back
Top Bottom