February 20, 1924 - June 17, 2019
Heiress, Socialite, Fashion Designer, Artist
Poor Little Rich Girl
Mother of Anderson Cooper
4 Marriages including Leopold Stokowski & Sidney Lumet

View attachment 50394 View attachment 50396
View attachment 50395
RIP, Gloria
Should't laugh since my mom died on this day 17 years ago but I really hate Anderson Cooper and I am absolutely sure he killed his brother.

Poor little rich girl, I love that and often say it about women I see on tv.

RIP Joao Gilberto, The "Boss of Bossa Nova".
Joao's innovative style of guitar playin' and singin, were two of the definin' traits of what would shape a new style of music called Bossa Nova.
In the beginnin', Joao's style of playin' and singin' seemed so abnormal that his father had him committed to a mental hospital for a psychological interview.
Durin' the interview, Joao gazed out the window and observed "Look at the wind depilating the trees." The interviewin' psychologist remarked "but trees have no hair". So Joao replied "and there are people who have no poetry."
In 1963, with Astrud Gilberto, Antonio Carlos Jobim and Stan Getz, Joao recorded the album "Getz/Gilberto", which stands as one of the finest recordin's in all of music.
Here we have Stan Getz expoundin' high praise for Joao's musical contributions:

Here we have Joao performin' "Bim Bom", which is considered one of the first Bossa Nova records:

Last edited:
RIP Joao Gilberto, The "Boss of Bossa Nova".
Joao's innovative style of guitar playin' and singin, were two of the definin' traits of what would shape a new style of music called Bossa Nova.
In the beginnin', Joao's style of playin' and singin' seemed so abnormal that his father had him committed to a mental hospital for a psychological interview.
Durin' the interview, Joao gazed out the window and observed "Look at the wind depilating the trees." The interviewin' psychologist remarked "but trees have no hair". So Joao replied "and there are people who have no poetry."
In 1963, with Astrud Gilberto, Antonio Carlos Jobim and Stan Getz, Joao recorded the album "Getz/Gilberto", which stands as one of the finest recordin's in all of music.
Here we have Stan Getz expoundin' high praise for Joao's musical contributions:

Here we have Joao performin' "Bim Bom", which is considered the first Bossa Nova record:

SAD!!! <3!

Although I never knew Robby and he never liked me much I was sad to hear the news of his passing from a heart attack. He will be missed.

RIP The VW Beetle.
After 81 years, Volkswagen is haltin' production of the iconic car.
What a strange trip it's been!
The Beetle was originally designed as the Nazi's answer to the Ford Model T and instead went on to become a symbol of the counter culture
and was enjoyed by folks of all races, creeds and colors worldwide. Stinkin' Hitler must be spinnin' in his grave!

TMJ3HCBO2VD4JLKL4US47TX7EQ.jpg

There was also a game inspired by The Beetle called "Bug Punch". If ya seen a Beetle rollin' down the street, ya would punch or get punched in the arm.
The Beetle was also the main character of the Herbie Love Bug films, starrin' the great Don Knots.

14832_1.jpg

RIP The VW Beetle.
After 81 years, Volkswagen is haltin' production of the iconic car.
What a strange trip it's been!
The Beetle was originally designed as the Nazi's answer to the Ford Model T and instead went on to become a symbol of the counter culture
and was enjoyed by folks of all races, creeds and colors worldwide. Stinkin' Hitler must be spinnin' in his grave!

TMJ3HCBO2VD4JLKL4US47TX7EQ.jpg

There was also a game inspired by The Beetle called "Bug Punch". If ya seen a Beetle rollin' down the street, ya would punch or get punched in the arm.
The Beetle was also the main character of the Herbie Love Bug films, starrin' the great Don Knots.

14832_1.jpg

Sad. A very cool car.

Back
Top Bottom