BoogalooRadio: Alain Whyte interview (broadcast April 24, 2022)

FB_IMG_1650825061350.jpg

Back on the show today for the 3rd time - he can’t stay away even though he tries to - it’s Alain Whyte. He’s in the Morrissey band, co-writing and ‘having both’ with a cracking side hustle of gifted playdads: Gary All Day, Spend A Penny Cobrin and Craig no gammon Gannon. Full interview including the new name for this nutritious side salad of musicians. Well, potential name. I mean, my *suggestion* but he did score it a ten. With all of these musical projects in this multi mega talented busy hectic musical guitar singer songwriter general firecracker life how is it all gonna work out for Alain Whyte? TELL ME. He’s all Whyte…

Alain Whyte joins Julie for another chat about how life is treating him both in and out of Morrissey's band.

Oh West Hampstead, so much to answer for....

Listen here:

With thanks to Julie Hamill.
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alain will always be a far better song writer than the wannabe Jesse. No wonder he brought him back. Ha.

always liked julie,shes got a great way of getting little nuggets of things we never knew from her interviewees,her 15 minutes were a highlight on here years ago.

So Alain is back in the band but his side hustle is the rest of the old Moz troop. This is too weird. All Morrissey needs to do now is go see a gig of Alain's new band and ask them if they wouldn't mind being in his next video and possibly going on tour, and the circle is complete.

So Alain is back in the band but his side hustle is the rest of the old Moz troop. This is too weird. All Morrissey needs to do now is go see a gig of Alain's new band and ask them if they wouldn't mind being in his next video and possibly going on tour, and the circle is complete.
Not a good idea. Corbin had a confrontation with Moz. It is not to be trusted and it is unpleasant. I prefer the usual drummer Matt... (follow with Moz)!!

I find her hard to listen to. Interrupts the interviewee just when they're about to finish a sentence. She's too casual/off the cuff like they handed one of us a mike and said "go interview Alain". Actually I know a lot of great questions I'd ask him, starting with "why was the Dublin Quarry gig the last one for you?" and take it from there. Haha interview could be over in 30 seconds though after that question!

I find her hard to listen to. Interrupts the interviewee just when they're about to finish a sentence. She's too casual/off the cuff like they handed one of us a mike and said "go interview Alain". Actually I know a lot of great questions I'd ask him, starting with "why was the Dublin Quarry gig the last one for you?" and take it from there. Haha interview could be over in 30 seconds though after that question!
Yeah, she’s a bit too familiar and casual. Still a good listen, though.

its their third interview so she probably knows him quite well now,bit cringey asking to get gary back in the band when alain isnt even sure if hes in the band.

its their third interview so she probably knows him quite well now,bit cringey asking to get gary back in the band when alain isnt even sure if hes in the band.

even when they’re sure, they’re not sure.

Not a good idea. Corbin had a confrontation with Moz. It is not to be trusted and it is unpleasant. I prefer the usual drummer Matt... (follow with Moz)!!

No time to listen now. I can't imagine there's the slightest hint of Cobrin being back . . . but as far as this naive "newbie" that I am is it couldn't be more welcome.

I think Cobrin could be Moz's best post-Marr co-writer of all, based on just four tracks: Lost; Now I am a Was; Wide to Receive and the slow version of Hard to Walk Tall . . .

Again, I confess to being naive concerning the subjects of this forum.

So I appeal to the cognoscenti: there's no hint/chance of Cobrin returning, is there?

No time to listen now. I can't imagine there's the slightest hint of Cobrin being back . . . but as far as this naive "newbie" that I am is it couldn't be more welcome.

I think Cobrin could be Moz's best post-Marr co-writer of all, based on just four tracks: Lost; Now I am a Was; Wide to Receive and the slow version of Hard to Walk Tall . . .

Again, I confess to being naive concerning the subjects of this forum.

So I appeal to the cognoscenti: there's no hint/chance of Cobrin returning, is there?
Very doubtful after the 'issues'.
Regards,
FWD.

I don't like S.Cobrin or whatever that drummer is called. don't come back. Bring. Boz B.who is going to touch the winds... among other instruments, i love Boz's clarinet on various Moz tracks

Very doubtful after the 'issues'.
Regards,
FWD.
Any drummer that goes through an entire song on a tour date without realizing his band mates are on a completely different song cannot be the sharpest tool in the shed.
Morrissey will bring back folks that will enable him to accomplish his cause.
Sorry, your drumming isn’t going to make the cut. Not while Walker is still alive.

To be fair, I do agree with Catholic that those 4 tunes are quite well-written tunes.

Be well all….

I don't want to arrogantly write "I don't have time to listen to this" and I will probably do so at a later date because Julie does a really good job with a lot of passion, but I would be really grateful if you could perhaps write down a few key statements here. How far along are the new recordings with Morrissey, what is generally in the pipeline in connection with Morrissey? So far, almost nothing has leaked out here, or have they not been specific at all?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom