Bono pays tribute to Morrissey during a U2 concert

What a c***, f*** off Bongo and take your new album and tax forms with you.

And what's happened to the Drummer's face? Looks like he's been caught in a wind-tunnel.

Indeed, seems very fake on bonos behalf. Also i always thought Morrissey used to threw around flowers on stage in the 80s not flowers to people and never carnations

Not the least bit fake. Completely genuine. Bono has openly praised Morrissey
On many occasions. He is definitely a real fan.

What a c***, f*** off Bongo and take your new album and tax forms with you.

And what's happened to the Drummer's face? Looks like he's been caught in a wind-tunnel.

Even in a wind- tunnel Larry is better looking than you.
You just can't afford the tickets to see U2.

Noel Gallagher is a smart man with great taste in music!

Even in a wind- tunnel Larry is better looking than you.
You just can't afford the tickets to see U2.

Noel Gallagher is a smart man with great taste in music!

even if you don't like bono its pretty childish to make fun of someone because of the way they look. how many people who read as ghosts who don't think well of themselves might be hurt thinking they don't even look that good. seems mean and insensitive

I am sick of people bashing U2. They are one of the greatest bands of all time, and they look great. Fit and trim for their age. They were recently on the Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon and sang a new song that I quite liked, and did a song in a NY subway. They have stuck together as a unit and even though they might have had their disagreements they managed to remain adults about it. Whether or not you think The Smiths were fine to break-up when they did, I find it quite childish that they can't at least put the past behind them. Check out the subway video...

Last edited by a moderator:
I am sick of people bashing U2. They are one of the greatest bands of all time, and they look great. Fit and trim for their age. They were recently on the Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon and sang a new song that I quite liked, and did a song in a NY subway. They have stuck together as a unit and even though they might have had their disagreements they managed to remain adults about it. Whether or not you think The Smiths were fine to break-up when they did, I find it quite childish that they can't at least put the past behind them. Check out the subway video...

That's kinda funny, actually.

My only gripe with Bono is he's a bit of a corporate whore. I was at that show, he was sure to work in his affiliates into his song about "AIDS" but there was this eeriness in the air that we were being had, that AIDS wasn't priority #1 rather than the coolest most beloved musician name-checking his sponsers. I've read about ihs ties to Monsanto who are literally the devil which flies in the face of his good tidings towards Africa who they are eagerly raping with their tithed seeds that can never be paid off and confusing the bees who can't pollinate with lab farming. He's a great entertainer, though. Sang beautifully.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's kinda funny, actually.

My only gripe with Bono is he's a bit of a corporate whore. I was at that show, he was sure to work in his affiliates into his song about "AIDS" but there was this eeriness in the air that we were being had, that AIDS wasn't priority #1 rather than the coolest most beloved musician name-checking his sponsers. I've read about ihs ties to Monsanto who are literally the devil which flies in the face of his good tidings towards Africa who they are eagerly raping with their tithed seeds that can never be paid off and confusing the bees who can't pollinate with lab farming. He's a great entertainer, though. Sang beautifully.

One person's "corporate whore" is another's "astute businessman". Their deal with Apple when itunes was introduced to the masses was visionary. They have been on the "cutting edge" of music, human rights, technology, etc. for many years...it is only expected that some might have a similar opinion to that of yours, but in interviews I never find him to be smug, or disingenuous about his beliefs and in his attempts to make the world a better place. My feeling is at least he is out there fighting the fight and not simply posting diatribes on his web site demanding for change (from a safe, comfortable distance...most likely from a bed in a four star hotel) like "Certain People I Know" ;)

Last edited:
One person's "corporate whore" is another's "astute businessman". Their deal with Apple when itunes was introduced to the masses was visionary. They have been on the "cutting edge" of music, human rights, technology, etc. for many years...it is only expected that some might have a similar opinion to that of yours, but in interviews I never find him to be smug, or disingenuous about his beliefs and in his attempts to make the world a better place. My feeling is at least he is out there fighting the fight and not simply posting diatribes on his web site demanding for change (from a safe, comfortable distance...most likely from a bed in a four star hotel) like "Certain People I Know" ;)

No. He's just spitting on the crowd as his blessing to the little people and demanding apologies for being so awesome and all powerful. Afterall he GAVE us his album. We should be thankful and bow down to his eminence, as pervasive as Monsanto and Starbucks telling us what we are going to listen to on our devices.

PETA has its issues but they're small potatoes compared to Bono's bed buddies. He needs to just sing. That's his gift.

Last edited:

Your spot on, Paul does show up at the coal face and get his hands dirty for the good causes, not only that but he can also talk the talk on the matters as well unlike Steven who needs all questions via email so he can google his responses.
Have a good weekend evennow.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

I prefer to call him Bongo cause that is what Bernard from New Order called him on tv.

Seen them 3 times, they are great live but I struggle with the political interlude they do, however, my wife loves them, so I have to go along seeing them as she has been to numerous Morrissey gigs with me! I remember the Bernard bongo comment, he lives close to me and I will ask him if he remembers it next time I see him. Bernard said something along the lines of "you shall not to pretend to be the messiah, well that Bongo chap is having a good go at it" was on a tv programme but can't remember which one?

"I am sick of people bashing U2. They are one of the greatest bands of all time (...)"

No, actually they are one of the worst bands of all time. Their latest albums (each one after Achung Baby, but especially the last three) are so bad, so trivial and so embarrassing that if some less known band made this kind of record, nobody would bother to listen to it.

Your spot on, Paul does show up at the coal face and get his hands dirty for the good causes, not only that but he can also talk the talk on the matters as well unlike Steven who needs all questions via email so he can google his responses.
Have a good weekend evennow.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Luv ya ben. Keep up your coverage of our boys actions. You are the voice of reason. Also a colorful poster. Never a boring read.

"I am sick of people bashing U2. They are one of the greatest bands of all time (...)"

No, actually they are one of the worst bands of all time. Their latest albums (each one after Achung Baby, but especially the last three) are so bad, so trivial and so embarrassing that if some less known band made this kind of record, nobody would bother to listen to it.
I can't argue with that, but to me Moz' last 3 albums are unlistenable. At least they are current, relevant and playing rock, pop music not mariachi schlock. IMHO.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom