Bono on Morrissey

Uncleskinny

It's all good
Subscriber
I flicked through the latest NME at Tesco today, and it's full of U2 stuff. On the inside back page (I think) there was a wee paragraph from Bono on Morrissey. I can't remember the exact wording, so I'm paraphrasing here, but it went something like "Morrissey is up there with Dylan as a lyricist. His words are so funny, I always laugh at them." And then he said something about doing press-ups to Morrissey songs. I think.

Peter

I flicked through the latest NME at Tesco today, and it's full of U2 stuff. On the inside back page (I think) there was a wee paragraph from Bono on Morrissey. I can't remember the exact wording, so I'm paraphrasing here, but it went something like "Morrissey is up there with Dylan as a lyricist. His words are so funny, I always laugh at them." And then he said something about doing press-ups to Morrissey songs. I think.

Peter

I remember Bono being interviewed on the 2003 Ch 4 Docu 'The Importance Of Being Morrissey'...."When I first heard Girlfriend In A Coma, I almost crashed my car" :thumb:

Bono is a twat. He always appears on these band documentries as a talking head, as if he has the final opinion on everything. Ive never really seen the appeal of U2.
www.ihatebono.com

Bono is a twat. He always appears on these band documentries as a talking head, as if he has the final opinion on everything. Ive never really seen the appeal of U2.
www.ihatebono.com

haha 2 days ago my dad said "there was a tiny little man... a famous entertainer with a sleeveless black shirt with glitter on it on my flight. He was the only one in first class - with some lady twice as tall as he was..."

he then positively identified the tiny man as bono.... hahaha

I actually like U2 esp the photos by Anton C. and the recent song FEZ BEING BORN...
still i thought that was a funny thing... my dads description.

OMG YES!!! f***ing self-righteous Bonoshit always sticking his nose everywhere .. seething hate for him!!!!!

He was also in a Pixies documentary taking as if he's an expert on Pixies music.. what a f***ing douche! of course his fave CD form them is the one I like least :rolleyes:
he also appeard on the joe strummer documentary..

I can remember reading a story where moz did a speech on bono on some award show (in ireland?)and introduced them "as the very sexy U 2" :lbf:

So, he said "...Morrissey is right up there with Bob Dylan...I laugh out loud listening to Morrissey albums. Only Bob Dylan and Morrissey make me laugh. Sometimes I'll be listening to the music and doing some press ups and I'll fall over."

Peter

So, he said "...Morrissey is right up there with Bob Dylan...I laugh out loud listening to Morrissey albums. Only Bob Dylan and Morrissey make me laugh. Sometimes I'll be listening to the music and doing some press ups and I'll fall over."

Peter

He may want to visit a doctor. losing balance for no obvious reason is a bit worrying. maybe he's just shit at press ups.

www.ihatebono.com

+1 on that.

Since The Joshua Tree, U2 have become irrelavent. They are now following the tracks laid down by the Stones and sapping the American concert circuit to bolser their retirement funds. Jagger is a joke and now so Bono.

They are only good to feed the middle aged Friday night crowd with nothing better to do than spend $100 on a shitty seat in some massive auditoruim while they sit rooted to their seats and clap like seals "Oh I remember this one - 'ow good!" Yes, Ive tried it a couple of times and been ripped off too.

Ill take a Morrissey concert any day over U2s latest drivel-based offering.

Oh the thread was about Bono's apparent knowledge of everything: well, Bono, do you really think anyone gives any consideration whatsoever to a bloke who fronts a band whose music is nothing more than an alternative to elevator music?

I like Bono. I always thought he was gay though. Morrissey struts his stuff on a stage today in pink shirts and nail polish and still Bono seems ten times more gay to me than our man. I was surprised to learn he had a wife. I guess my gaydar is not always reliable.

haha 2 days ago my dad said "there was a tiny little man... a famous entertainer with a sleeveless black shirt with glitter on it on my flight. He was the only one in first class - with some lady twice as tall as he was..."

I like your dad.
:)

I like Bono. I always thought he was gay though. Morrissey struts his stuff on a stage today in pink shirts and nail polish and still Bono seems ten times more gay to me than our man. I was surprised to learn he had a wife. I guess my gaydar is not always reliable.

Your gaydar isn't as bad as my sisters, she thought both Michael Stipe and Ian McKellen were married with kids :confused::p.

Anyway, I like Bono too and I love U2, nice quote from Bono there :).

Your gaydar isn't as bad as my sisters, she thought both Michael Stipe and Ian McKellen were married with kids :confused::p.

Anyway, I like Bono too and I love U2, nice quote from Bono there :).

I was never quite sure about Michael Stipe either...until I read a recent interview where he is said to have said, "I've always had a penchant for large dildos up the arse."

:)

OMG YES!!! f***ing self-righteous Bonoshit always sticking his nose everywhere .. seething hate for him!!!!!

He was also in a Pixies documentary taking as if he's an expert on Pixies music.. what a f***ing douche! of course his fave CD form them is the one I like least :rolleyes:

Actually Pixies supported U2 on the ZOO TV tour back in 93-94 so they obviously didnt have a problem with U2 and they also supported them more recetly when they reformed, so I'd say Bono is probably a legit fan. Of course if Moz was making these comments you'd all be agreeing, but cus its Bono its fashionable to disagree with him. I for one think his good outweighs his bad, yes he comes over as a twat in recent times, but in the long run hes alright!

Actually Pixies supported U2 on the ZOO TV tour back in 93-94 so they obviously didnt have a problem with U2 and they also supported them more recetly when they reformed, so I'd say Bono is probably a legit fan. Of course if Moz was making these comments you'd all be agreeing, but cus its Bono its fashionable to disagree with him. I for one think his good outweighs his bad, yes he comes over as a twat in recent times, but in the long run hes alright!

I went to a show on that tour. It was f***ing incredible.

Of course if Moz was making these comments you'd all be agreeing, but cus its Bono its fashionable to disagree with him. I for one think his good outweighs his bad, yes he comes over as a twat in recent times, but in the long run hes alright!

Exactly. And the man has no problem laughing at himself, which is (to me) always an important quality in a person. No, he isn't perfect but he doesn't pretend to be, either.

I LOVE U2.

That is all.​

Tags
bonoshit edge ftw yawn suparni
Back
Top Bottom