Bono:hang your head in shame !

To add to the fun - and in honor of the 100th post in this thread... Check other music for five free U2 downloads I posted. Heh heh

You sir have crossed the line... Of course you know... Dis... MEANS WAR!!!

LOL:D:eek:

bugs-bunny-debut-1.jpg

Actually, I'm a Yankees fan.. this is the crap I hear on a daily basis living in the Boston area.

The fact that you even make any reference to what you believe or don't believe to be a poster's sexuality, and that you equate "flaming queer" with "gay" is itself offensive.

I missed this yesterday... You have it backwards... It is more about the target not the poster.

As I said I think just disallowing it as a general rule is the right thing to do but my context was.. I don't think Albion is gay or if he is its not some common knowledge thing and the poster was not actually attacking him personally. This goes back to what I was saying about intent. I think intent is a lot of it and I do think that in a lot of ways certain terms seriously take away from the overall value of the board and tarnishes the quality posts.

There is a big grey area that is we have moderator guidelines and davidt has strong feelings towards letting words flow freely and highly discourages deleting things (other than photos/personal info) but he does take the moderators opinions to heart.

Re: Bored:hang your head in shame !

I missed this yesterday... You have it backwards... It is more about the target not the poster.

As I said I think just disallowing it as a general rule is the right thing to do but my context was.. I don't think Albion is gay or if he is its not some common knowledge thing and the poster was not actually attacking him personally. This goes back to what I was saying about intent. I think intent is a lot of it and I do think that in a lot of ways certain terms seriously take away from the overall value of the board and tarnishes the quality posts.

There is a big grey area that is we have moderator guidelines and davidt has strong feelings towards letting words flow freely and highly discourages deleting things (other than photos/personal info) but he does take the moderators opinions to heart.

But isn't using the terms 'queer' and 'gay', intent and homophobic. As these terms are used to belittle something as being lower in difference from what is 'normal'.

Or like a previous idiot, prattling on about a 'a gay stalker':rolleyes:

As a term without intent, if it is acceptable, that I can call women here, 'whores' or 'bitches'?

Re: Bored:hang your head in shame !

But isn't using the terms 'queer' and 'gay', intent and homophobic. As these terms are used to belittle something as being lower in difference from what is 'normal'.

Or like a previous idiot, prattling on about a 'a gay stalker':rolleyes:

As a term without intent, if it is acceptable, that I can call women here, 'whores' or 'bitches'?

Apparently so, unless they are, in fact, "whores" or "bitches," in which case it's off limits.

No, you got my meaning yesterday. I meant what you thought I wrote, that is, when I wrote "poster" I meant, as you say "target". Actually, though, they are both "posters", and anything about their personal lives is private and so does not enter into any analysis of intent.

In fact, if anyone is being targeted, that is harassment which is a violation of TOS and so intent doesn't matter.

Last edited by a moderator:
And I don't talk like Samuel L Jackson in Pulp Fiction, but he is a bad mother.... :D

So, is this thread the reason I was hit with an "infraction" for quoting the movie Jackie Brown with a Samuel Jackson line that uses the "N word"? Bored messaged me and issued me a SoLow ticket, claiming I had made a "racist remark". I didn't realize Jackie Brown was using the word in a racist manner. Additionally, since I was directing the line at Morrissey, I didn't realize Morrissey was an Afro-American.

I see that Bored is annoyed about some "double standard" he claims dictates that white people cannot use the N word but black people can. Actually, this is not true, and he probably only thinks it's true because of his lack of exposure to inner cities and some of the subcultures within America.
Those complaining about a "double standard" generally are white people who wanna use the N word in a racist manner but have been pressured to refrain, and are now annoyed that others do not suffer social punishments for using the word in a non-racist manner. Several of my friends and acquaintances (both white and black) sometimes call me (white) their n***a as a term of affection. I hear white people using it that way towards their black friends all the time, and it doesn't cause offense because the recipient understands how it's being used. Sorry if that makes Bored believe it's unfair that that's allowed while racist whites get in trouble for using the N word in a racist manner.

As you can see by my self-censroship in this post, I'm nevertheless trying to conform with the confusing and vague Terms of Service that are so arbitrarily enforced here, since some of the moderators appear unable to exercise sensible discretion. I've requested a complete list of all the words that are absolutely "off limits" on this site - no matter the context or intent - so I can better conform with the rules. Until I receive this list, I hope in the future I will merely receive a friendly message to my message box when I type a word that is illegal to type around here under any circumstances or with any intentions. In this way I can begin to compile the complete list myself - which as of now has just the "N word" on it - while not being unjustly hit with "infractions".

Last edited:
To add to the fun - and in honor of the 100th post in this thread... Check other music for five free U2 downloads I posted. Heh heh

BTW, would it be possible for the Yankee fan to reduce the size of his Yankee banner so it doesn't eff up the layout of every thread I'm reading?

BTW, would it be possible for the Yankee fan to reduce the size of his Yankee banner so it doesn't eff up the layout of every thread I'm reading?

You can turn off signatures in User CP.

Well the Torre picture is going to go soon as Saint Joe has found a new home in L.A. - (Good for him) but I believe your layout is about the same in length....

First you get puking and mewling
Then very pissed off with your schooling
Then f***s and then fights
Then judging chaps' rights
Then sitting in slippers -- then drooling.

- Shakespeare's "Seven Ages of Man" compressed into a limerick, by Robert Conquest

Johnny Pigass ate a pie.
A whole one. Someone wondered why
But I thought it made perfect sense:
"He's Johnny Pigass -- are you dense?"

- Ethan Coen

Back
Top Bottom