Bono:hang your head in shame !

Actually, I disagree.

You see, when u2 played Brazil on their Vertigo tour a few years ago, the tickets were about US$90 each - about two thirds of the average monthly wage.

Bono relentlessly campaigns to governments and individuals to "Make Poverty History", yet he (and the rest of u2) pays absolutely no income tax on their own earnings in Ireland. U2 made about $300 - $400 million on their "Vertigo tour" and the funds/royalties have been directed into other companies which are located in Ireland by clever accountants hired by u2, who know all the loopholes in the system.

Let's not forget, Bono also sued a former stylist over a pair of jeans and a hat last year - she was left destitute after paying her legal bills.

It's just that when a multi-millionaire takes actions like these against poorer people, whilst promoting themselves as the answer to world poverty, and any other fashionable causes they can... well, the hypocrisy doesn't sit well with me at all.

Isn't it possible that everything you just said is true and Bono has helped provided critical help for thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of poor people in Africa? What then?

Actually, I disagree.

You see, when u2 played Brazil on their Vertigo tour a few years ago, the tickets were about US$90 each - about two thirds of the average monthly wage.

Bono relentlessly campaigns to governments and individuals to "Make Poverty History", yet he (and the rest of u2) pays absolutely no income tax on their own earnings in Ireland. U2 made about $300 - $400 million on their "Vertigo tour" and the funds/royalties have been directed into other companies which are located in Ireland by clever accountants hired by u2, who know all the loopholes in the system.

Let's not forget, Bono also sued a former stylist over a pair of jeans and a hat last year - she was left destitute after paying her legal bills.

It's just that when a multi-millionaire takes actions like these against poorer people, whilst promoting themselves as the answer to world poverty, and any other fashionable causes they can... well, the hypocrisy doesn't sit well with me at all.

The entire part of that story is that she had taken those items and was trying to sell the items in question. She refused to make good on what she did and it went to trial. Her own tough luck. Some people do not realize that when they roll the dice they may lose. Did Bono go after her. Yes he did. Good for him. What are jeans and a cowboy had to Bono... except for the sentimentality of the hat... absolutely nothing. However it was the principle of the situation.

I haven't seen the film as I'd rather fry my own feet. Bongo, however, is a whore. His charity work shouldn't be used to conceal his hypocrisy. The proud Irishman who took a knighthood from the British monarchy. The environment preacher who pollutes the skies jetting between his homes in Dublin, New York and France. The poverty campaigner who moved part of U2's business to Holland to avoid tax. He fellated Bush & Blair rather than having the balls to hammer their contribution to
world poverty. Spineless.

Good outweighs the bad... sorry.

and Poverty campaigner who moves part of U2's business to Holland to avoid higher taxes... I would too. The guy does a lot with his time and money and if he wants more of it to play with then so be it.

:mad:
This must be sarcastic. If not, put down the crack.

My first fu thread.
I can be entitled to my opinion . I don't even have to try to explain who I am and why I like U2 and BONO or even who I am..which you will never know.
This is EXACTLY why me and most of my friends who love Morrissey don't post here hardly. You flaming queer.

Are you one of those ignorant sissys who end up in the front row of a Morrissey show to "touch" his sweat and stage dive on top of him and who comes on here and complains about everything including making your dumb ass comments which are as meaningless as the rest of your pathetic posts.
Fuking moron. Dont bother to repost , I wont be back at this discussion. EVER.:mad:

This must be sarcastic. If not, put down the crack.

I have to agree with him on the point that Bono is always willing to give his time. Although I would not have used Posh and Company as examples. Mick Jagger recently described his solo song "Joy" and how when it came time to record it he approched Bono in Germany to sing on the track. Bono was very sick yet did it anyway. Jagger remarked that had it been himself he would have put it off for a week. Showed how professional Bono is. On top of that in another interview Jagger had remarked how relentless Bono is in trying to actually do something to make a better place.

I do find it hypocritical when Morrissey fans raise an eyebrow at other celebs who have their causes when Morrissey does little to nothing except support PETA (which I still contend is a terrorist org by association) and throw his comments about "fat Brittney" and "bring me the head of Elton John". I do not care much for Brittney, her troubles nor her music and to me while I have bought more of Morrissey's music, Elton John has contributed more to music than Morrissey ever will. (Elton John just does not make enough music that I enjoy). However... there comes a time that I want to say to Morrissey... why don't we focus on the big M and make some new music instead of talking trash about people that have nothing to do with you. If anything it has made Morrissey look sensationalistic and trying to get his name out there.

While I love Morrissey's music it is HIS comments that make me say to myself "shut up and sing" and not Bono's.

Last edited:
I just want to say -

1) Bono is a tool.

2) If Bono wants to save the world he should finance it he has the money, if not he should shut the f up.

3) I liked a few songs from Zooropa and a few songs here and there from some albums, for the most part U2, as a whole, have generally been to me, one of the most overrated bands of all time.

4) Some of you people crack me up.

Highly disagree on all points. Even number 4. lol

''Elton John has contributed more to music than Morrissey ever will'' (Buzzetta)... Surely you jest?
Or, if by 'contribution to music', you actually mean 'been a ridiculous old mare in a piss-poor succession of comedy wigs', you may well be right after all...
Jagger, Elton and Bongo are in the same whorehouse as Sting, Clapton and co: barely a decent tune between them in 20 years as they're all too busy hanging out with royalty and admiring each others' gold discs, helicopters, arses and mink underpants.

Jagger, Elton and Bongo are in the same whorehouse as Sting, Clapton and co: barely a decent tune between them in 20 years as they're all too busy hanging out with royalty and admiring each others' gold discs, helicopters, arses and mink underpants.

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! amen.

''Elton John has contributed more to music than Morrissey ever will'' (Buzzetta)... Surely you jest?
Or, if by 'contribution to music', you actually mean 'been a ridiculous old mare in a piss-poor succession of comedy wigs', you may well be right after all...

Elton John's ability to craft a song is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay above average. He has had a long career due to his musical talent and not because of his gimmicky stage attire. (Which I personally detest.) He and Billy Joel have led "piano infused" rock and pop music into a world forefront not only leading the genre but dominating it. As I said... I do not think of Elton John as my favorite artist by any stretch of the imagination but I will readily admit his hefty contributions and his talent.

Sting is a very talented musician. He still has an ability to craft fine music with talented lyrics. I cannot wait to see the Police in November.

Bono? I wonder if Morrissey fans hate Bono because it is the popular thing to do? Amazingly... in the other download forum I will post a U2 show and it is heavily downloaded. I know because Sendspace tells me how many times it is downloaded. The same is true about Dave Matthews. There are a LOT of closet fans here that perhaps don't want to deal with what may be the vocal minority.

I beleive that Bono is very giving of his time, money and image to promote causes that he believes in. Sorry... if you cannot or do not want to admit that may be true.

This is not a personal attack to you... I simply find the facts against your opinions overly strong against you.

:mad:

My first fu thread.
I can be entitled to my opinion . I don't even have to try to explain who I am and why I like U2 and BONO or even who I am..which you will never know.
This is EXACTLY why me and most of my friends who love Morrissey don't post here hardly. You flaming queer.

Are you one of those ignorant sissys who end up in the front row of a Morrissey show to "touch" his sweat and stage dive on top of him and who comes on here and complains about everything including making your dumb ass comments which are as meaningless as the rest of your pathetic posts.
Fuking moron. Dont bother to repost , I wont be back at this discussion. EVER.:mad:

Oh the irony seeps from this post and into my cruel little heart. Just to confirm do you have a problem with queers? What is a fu?

You can have your own opinion, i never once disputed that. People on crack are entitled to their opinions. I never care to know who you are or why you like Bono or U2. If your friends are similar in any way to you, then i am extremely happy they choose not to post on here.(hardly - i'm sure that makes some sense in your distorted mind but not mine)

Your last paragraph did make me have a little giggle. Not because it contained caustic wit but because it is such a pathetic little rant.

I have to agree with him on the point that Bono is always willing to give his time. Although I would not have used Posh and Company as examples. Mick Jagger recently described his solo song "Joy" and how when it came time to record it he approched Bono in Germany to sing on the track. Bono was very sick yet did it anyway. Jagger remarked that had it been himself he would have put it off for a week. Showed how professional Bono is. On top of that in another interview Jagger had remarked how relentless Bono is in trying to actually do something to make a better place.

That point wasn't the one i found of any alarm. "He has done more than any artist alive." shocked me the most and then this profound comment "Should you hang yourself in shame because maybe you made a wrong descision?". Bono puts himself into the public domain (regardless of any reasons) thus exposing him to any criticism. The irony of the poster taking such offence to me criticising their post after they themselves doing so, is evidently wasted.

Last edited:

I find it amazing the alot of Moz fans cant enjoy anyone else....Moz is great, but there's no reason to bash Bono because U2 has scored more Grammies.

I can see how people get the "Queen" image on this board.

I find it amazing the alot of Moz fans cant enjoy anyone else....Moz is great, but there's no reason to bash Bono because U2 has scored more Grammies.

I can see how people get the "Queen" image on this board.

Things I cannot stand...

People who simply incite threads to start argument
Morrissey fans who forget that the majority of the music community do not like his music and look at his fans (and I am one of his fans) as seriously deluded. It's okay to like music genres and bands that Morrissey himself does not like. You do not have to do everything that the man says.

I also cannot stand people who resort to childish name calling when people disagree or those that write snide remarks as if they frown upon a person for liking the things that they do.

Why are fans of other bands tolerated and allowed to register in order just to throw homophobic insults about?

And why do they trawl other artists websites just for a mention of their band? And then register here posing as a fan of Morrissey just to defend Bonio. Isn't it a bit sad.

It's impossible to distinguish whether some people are genuine fans or not.
For example a member who often refers Morrissey as female term in order to offend others or impose her/his view that Morrissey is gay.
However, it does not breach TOS, you have to igonore this person.

Posters on REM thread are very civilized and we appreciate them.

You'd better ignore trolls because they only come here to stir arguments and upset people.

Last edited:
So no one is entitled to their opinions anymore unless you all like it? Why do you think its ok for someone to call someone something out of the blue because they have an opinion about a comment, and its not ok for someone to retaliate back? What the heck is the difference? I just had to re post again. I was only talking to the PERSON WHO SAID It to me so get over it everyone else. I was speaking to ALBION. I don't give a shit what you think NUGZ

Your all hippocrates except a few.

At least this poster had sense and seems intelligent. _Buzzetta
(((I do find it hypocritical when Morrissey fans raise an eyebrow at other celebs who have their causes when Morrissey does little to nothing except support PETA (which I still contend is a terrorist org by association) and throw his comments about "fat Brittney" and "bring me the head of Elton John". I do not care much for Brittney, her troubles nor her music and to me while I have bought more of Morrissey's music, Elton John has contributed more to music than Morrissey ever will. (Elton John just does not make enough music that I enjoy). However... there comes a time that I want to say to Morrissey... why don't we focus on the big M and make some new music instead of talking trash about people that have nothing to do with you. If anything it has made Morrissey look sensationalistic and trying to get his name out there.

While I love Morrissey's music it is HIS comments that make me say to myself "shut up and sing" and not Bono's.

Why are fans of other bands tolerated and allowed to register in order just to throw homophobic insults about?

And why do they trawl other artists websites just for a mention of their band? And then register here posing as a fan of Morrissey just to defend Bonio. Isn't it a bit sad.

Now that I have to say is a pretty one sided thing to say. First off I am a big fan of U2 and Bono both in and outside the music. I say this so you know that I am a fan of both Bono and Morrissey.

This forum is for Morrissey fans to express whatever their opinions are of "other music" not other bands that you personally like. Believe it or not I do not "get" or enjoy Radiohead's music. I do NOT and have not ever created a thread saying that they suck and that I do not like them. For me to do that would be assinine. I am no longer a fan of R.E.M. I like several of their latest efforts like Leaving New York but do not consider them 'great". Do I post in the R.E.M. thread ? No... its not for me and I have nothing to add.

I disagree and have a big problem with what the internet calls "trolls" who create or bombard threads with the intention to say how much someone else's tastes "suck".

By the same token... the name calling and phrasing that the other poster uses should not be tolerated. I agree with his intention of frustration with the snobs here but do not agree with how he delivered his message. And to tell the truth, I find other things "sadder."

Anyway... back to my lunch.

Back
Top Bottom