Bono:hang your head in shame !

snapyou

Humdee,dumdee,homocide
I've just seen Across The Universe,possibly one of the worst films I've ever seen but the nadir of nadirs was Bonzo playing Doctor Robert (!)attempting to act and ruining I Am The Walrus.

Eddie Izzard comes a close second with Being For The Benefit Of Mr Kite

SHUT UP,Eddie,please !!!

Other characters are called Jude,Prudence,Lucy,Sadie ..you get the idea.

Truly a depressing experience

Wosre still it was written by Clement and LaFrenais.How the mighty have fallen :(

So it sounds like the Bee Gees' 1970s "Sgt. Pepper" debacle all over again. I always cringe when I see the trailer for this movie.

But who are Clement and LaFrenais?

I think it's MORE offensive than Sgt Pepper at it pretends it is a SERIOUS film,full of scenes of the Vietnam war,60s riots,drugs etc etc...

Clement and LaFrenais wrote the classic 60s/70s tv situation comedies,
The Likely Lads, Whatever Happened to the Likely Lads?, Porridge

They also wrote Auf Wiedersehn Pet,another British TV classic

universebono.jpg

You silly old man
You're making a fool of yourself
So get off the stage

Why do popstars think they can act? It's an insult to real actors.

And also, why do actors think they can be in bands. :mad:

I did not think it was that good of a role... I did not think it was the worst I have ever seen either. I tire though of the Bono-haters. I particularly enjoy U2 and most of the material they have published over the years.

I did not think it was that good of a role... I did not think it was the worst I have ever seen either. I tire though of the Bono-haters. I particularly enjoy U2 and most of the material they have published over the years.

I do like some U2 stuff but,really,his version of I Am The Walrus is awful in the extreme. He ain't no Liam Gallagher

This is going to come out of left field.... But I particularly liked Jim Carrey's version of "I am the Walrus" if you want to give it a try let me know and I will post it on sendspace. Oasis' version rocked the hell out of the song though...

Why do popstars think they can act? It's an insult to real actors.

And also, why do actors think they can be in bands. :mad:

Actually there are a couple that have made EXCELLENT transitions...

3 Singers to actors that come to mind
Sinatra was the singer also had a remarkable acting career
LL Cool J has proven numerous times he can hold his own.
Will Smith however is probably the most successful. Anyone who has not seen the "Pursuit of Happyness" is seriously missing out.

3 actors to musicians that come to mind
Johhny Depp supposedly plays bass very well
Kevin Bacon is actually pretty good (see The Bacon Brothers)
Jack Johnson got his start making surfing films which supposedly are quite appreciated in the surfing world

Honorable mention goes to Kermit the Frog who did it all- from singing, acting, wrote a couple of books, produced and ran his own variety show and is truly the King of all Media... (sorry Howard)

Bono is one of the most influential people in the world. Dont be hating . Just because you don't like the movie. He has done more than any artist alive. Should you hang yourself in shame because maybe you made a wrong descision? He says yes to everything..from helping the Spice Girls new album to this movie and world peace..list goes on and on.
Must we always make ourselves (yourself) feel better about blasting someone? Plus U2 Kick ass..
Peace

universebono.jpg

You silly old man
You're making a fool of yourself
So get off the stage

Bono is one of the most influential people in the world. Dont be hating . Just because you don't like the movie. He has done more than any artist alive. Plus U2 Kick ass..
Peace

Sorry,i disagree with all those statements.
I don't hate the guy but really thought that his performance,both acting and singing,in Across The Universe was truly awful.

Bono is one of the most influential people in the world. Dont be hating . Just because you don't like the movie. He has done more than any artist alive. Should you hang yourself in shame because maybe you made a wrong descision? He says yes to everything..from helping the Spice Girls new album to this movie and world peace..list goes on and on.
Must we always make ourselves (yourself) feel better about blasting someone? Plus U2 Kick ass..
Peace

This must be sarcastic. If not, put down the crack.

He has done more than any artist alive.

Actually, I disagree.

You see, when u2 played Brazil on their Vertigo tour a few years ago, the tickets were about US$90 each - about two thirds of the average monthly wage.

Bono relentlessly campaigns to governments and individuals to "Make Poverty History", yet he (and the rest of u2) pays absolutely no income tax on their own earnings in Ireland. U2 made about $300 - $400 million on their "Vertigo tour" and the funds/royalties have been directed into other companies which are located in Ireland by clever accountants hired by u2, who know all the loopholes in the system.

Let's not forget, Bono also sued a former stylist over a pair of jeans and a hat last year - she was left destitute after paying her legal bills.

It's just that when a multi-millionaire takes actions like these against poorer people, whilst promoting themselves as the answer to world poverty, and any other fashionable causes they can... well, the hypocrisy doesn't sit well with me at all.

Back
Top Bottom