Bono:hang your head in shame !

i didn't think the flaming queer comment was based on some personal knowledge of the target. now, i know nothing about albion and perhaps this is an attack on his sexuality. the context really makes or breaks everything.

carry on with the bono vs moz argument rather than some tangent about moderation.

so anyway... here is all i have to say about bono:

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=11worst

think I've found a cure for my insomnia :D

David has the lenient moderating policy of the forums in order to have lively discussions.
If you are not happy about it I'd suggest you to ask other mods.

Lively,is that what you call insulting and derogatory terms?
I'm not really happy with YOU saying that calling someone a "flaming queer" "is border line"
How do you come to that conclusion ?
Your suggestion to ignore someone that uses insulting homophobic language is truly laughable and frankly piss poor.
Also, to say "Big boy you can defend yourself" is a very weak response to such an issue. Maybe I can,maybe I can't but there are also others on here who may not be "big boy(s)"

True..but that guy ALBION Still should be thrown off these boards...the jerk.. who the heck is he to say anything..His conversations are stupid and he sounds like a compaining fag...
Kewpie I apologize for everyone HAWKMOON and ALL THE REST..but this guy has no right to judge..I wish he was in front of me.

I can apologize for the fag comment to YOU Kewpie. He just pissed me off with his attack on me. Sorry

No need to apologise to me, however you should apologise to the poeple who are offended by your remarks.

bfd2.gif

Best graphic EVAR!

if you people are going to argue how much bono does or does not suck... keep at it.. if you want to have a flamewar.. take it to off topic.

Oh please. This conversation was totally towards your stupid comment to mel. Yes, I did get mad but I am allowed to DEFEND MYSELF.

Oh you have returned again. After your vow never to return. EVER

A jocular comment was made about your opinion. To describe it as an “attack” is just plain stupid but you have proved your stupidity throughout this thread.

Also, I don't know a Mel.

True..but that guy ALBION Still should be thrown off these boards...the jerk.. who the heck is he to say anything..His conversations are stupid and he sounds like a compaining fag...
Kewpie I apologize for everyone HAWKMOON and ALL THE REST..but this guy has no right to judge..I wish he was in front of me.

Nice to see you have two accounts or one of your wonderful friends has decided to start posting. I assume it is you, because of the awful spelling and uncontrollable need to type in capital letters every once and awhile. You should try actual punctuation, it works wonders.

There is no need to dream about me being in your presence. I'm only half as handsome as my posts would suggest. Plus, i think i would need a pass to gain access to your ward.

Do you ever stop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
what is wrong with you?????
Does anyone see this? Get a life..I have no idea who DJ whatever his name is dumb ass...I must of really got to you. Im done with you.

A jocular comment was made about your opinion. To describe it as an “attack” is just plain stupid but you have proved your stupidity throughout this thread.

Also, I don't know a Mel.

Nice to see you have two accounts or one of your wonderful friends has decided to start posting. I assume it is you, because of the awful spelling and uncontrollable need to type in capital letters every once and awhile. You should try actual punctuation, it works wonders.

There is no need to dream about me being in your presence. I'm only half as handsome as my posts would suggest. Plus, i think i would need a pass to gain access to your ward.[/QUOTE]

why is it so difficult to correctly use the quote function around here? as Buzzetta pointed out, it can get hella confusing.

Someone predicted this place 26 years ago.

I was walking
I was walking into walls
And back again
I just keep walking
I walk into a window
To see myself
And my reflection
When I thought about it
My direction

Going nowhere
Going nowhere

i didn't think the flaming queer comment was based on some personal knowledge of the target. now, i know nothing about albion and perhaps this is an attack on his sexuality. the context really makes or breaks everything.

carry on with the bono vs moz argument rather than some tangent about moderation.

Why does it have to reflect anything about the person? It is the language that is offensive. It has nothing to do with the person it is directed at or anything about them personally.

The fact that you even make any reference to what you believe or don't believe to be a poster's sexuality, and that you equate "flaming queer" with "gay" is itself offensive.

The reason there is a tangent about moderation is because you post this type of nonsense and think it is a reasoned argument.

If that's the case, please step down as moderator. If' we're going to have a free-for-all, it's not necessary to have a referee.

but Dave, Kewpie and Bored are our two most upstanding and fair moderators!

(...:rolleyes:)

Dave4Mod08 :D

*sigh*

Albion is perfectly capable of handling the situation.

Why you have to make this thread turn to "find faults of the mods"?

I'm off to bed.

This belongs in the Other Music section where it was originally, but now that we're all complaining about it is somebody going to move this to site feedback?

Dave4MOD08:D

Why does it have to reflect anything about the person? It is the language that is offensive. It has nothing to do with the person it is directed at or anything about them personally.

The fact that you even make any reference to what you believe or don't believe to be a poster's sexuality, and that you equate "flaming queer" with "gay" is itself offensive.

The reason there is a tangent about moderation is because you post this type of nonsense and think it is a reasoned argument.

It IS a reasoned argument. It's just one you don't agree with because the way everyone perceives words is subjective.

I stated my perception of the words. If uncleskinny or davidt said, "You're wrong, that's offensive and I'm giving an infraction and deleting the words" my response would be pretty neutral.

I'm willing to take the subjective nature of the perception and act based on the opinions of the users of the forum as a whole. As of right now there are a few people who seem to be offended but not enough to actually report the post.

I think people see the fact that the person who posted is childish based on his language and his coming up with a 2nd persona to be part of the argument and take those terms to be typical of American usage.

I hate the Yankees, they're so gay!
I totally hate Jeter.. he's f***ing fag!

It's just the words of someone who never managed to expand his vocabulary beyond what he learned at the playground when he was eleven.

The user was either warned or given an infraction (I don't know for sure since I didn't give it and haven't looked). If the person persists they will get a timeout. If they persist after that they will get a ban.

Back
Top Bottom