Morrissey Central "Bonfire Unlit" (November 14, 2022)

full

'Bonfire of Teenagers' is no longer scheduled for a February release, as stated by this site. Its fate is exclusively in the hands of Capitol Records (Los Angeles.)

Last edited by a moderator:

I really like the cover art this time. I'm so waiting for this album...
Me too on both counts. There is a vibrant feel to BOT. It comes across as a straightforward pop/rock album to me. The artwork has grown on me, especially the back cover.

I've no doubt I will play it to death.

Just a small point to consider:
Several of the big companies are advertising products to buy in/pre-sale for shops as far as the first and second week of March.
Not seen Capitol's list yet.
No doom merchantry intended - just a real observation about release schedules.
FWD.

I can’t square the seemingly veracious reports that Miley is being removed from the album with the idea that it won’t ever come out

I can’t square the seemingly veracious reports that Miley is being removed from the album with the idea that it won’t ever come out
Problem is, that information came from a contact at Maverick/Quest. It doesn't necessarily give us certainty over Capitol's intention now. Especially with M having voluntarily cut ties with both parties.

My reading is that Capitol is instigating the Cyrus removal, as Morrissey has always been a purist about Bonfire’s release. I don’t think he would proactively seek Miley’s removal and he has always been fastidious about the release of Bonfire on his terms. Since entering a contract with Capitol, he may have lost control of Bonfire. I take it as evidence that a last minute edit to an album is only sensible if that album is going to be released.

As to the extent of the breakdown in the formal/informal relationship between Morrissey and Capitol, I have little to add.

Let’s have Bonfire soon - Chicarelli and the guys are getting on with the follow up too.

New music from Morrissey in 2023 would be a real treat.

Problem is, that information came from a contact at Maverick/Quest. It doesn't necessarily give us certainty over Capitol's intention now. Especially with M having voluntarily cut ties with both parties
Morrissey is still on the Quest / Maverick website, his instagram accounts are also still under their control. So, the evidence suggests he is still being managed by them. Let’s hope so.

I don’t think it is Morrissey’s style to post something on central along the lines of “I’ve now picked up my dolly and acknowledge these people are only trying to help me so do ignore my post about leaving Quest.”

It would be nice if somebody would clear up what is actually happening but I’m not holding my breath.

Morrissey is still on the Quest / Maverick website, his instagram accounts are also still under their control. So, the evidence suggests he is still being managed by them. Let’s hope so.

I don’t think it is Morrissey’s style to post something on central along the lines of “I’ve now picked up my dolly and acknowledge these people are only trying to help me so do ignore my post about leaving Quest.”

It would be nice if somebody would clear up what is actually happening but I’m not holding my breath.

Maybe he owes them money.

Agree - This is clearly evidenced by the note from him that accused Miley of wanting out of Veronica not being deleted, despite us now knowing from Moz that it had nothing to do with her. He won't put out a post apologising to her nor will we see one regarding Maverick.

Every Friday I wait in anticipation of a studio track release and I’m running out of copium

It’s a desert out here for Bonfire bits.

Surely the worst of all possible worlds

First single RWA has 488 944 streams registered at Spotify. If it's true that one stream generates about 0,004$ to the artist/right holders (after Spotify has taken 30%), then that amounts to around 2 000 $ from Spotify alone.
Youtube: 80k views x 0,12$ = 9 600 $
(to be split amongst Watt, Boorer, Smith, Klinghoffer and Morrissey and possibly Capitol well)

First single RWA has 488 944 streams registered at Spotify. If it's true that one stream generates about 0,004$ to the artist/right holders (after Spotify has taken 30%), then that amounts to around 2 000 $ from Spotify alone.
Youtube: 80k views x 0,12$ = 9 600 $
(to be split amongst Watt, Boorer, Smith, Klinghoffer and Morrissey and possibly Capitol well)
So... workin' this out

Hrm... carry the 3 - not sure what the little numbers mean, we'll ignore them I suppose! Lets see, we'll have to put that loaf of Waitrose Finest back I'm afraid, Mr Morrissey. And No, Sam, you can't have the pilchards.

Lionsy's posh shop money saving tip of the day: M&S do an 85p 800g loaf at the mo, It ain't half bad!

But why keep his gob shut? He hasn't said anything controversial or problematic this year.
Anyway it's a shame the whole Miley thing got cancelled. Her new single (pretty good actually) is UK Number 1. If 'I Am Veronica' was released as Morrissey Feat. Miley Cyrus he would have attracted a new audience and possibly scored a minor UK chart hit.
Oh well. Onwards & upwards for our M.

Tags
bonfire of teenagers

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom