Morrissey Central "Bonfire Unlit" (November 14, 2022)

full

'Bonfire of Teenagers' is no longer scheduled for a February release, as stated by this site. Its fate is exclusively in the hands of Capitol Records (Los Angeles.)

Last edited by a moderator:
I've noticed, you're the only I can count on almost invariably being positive on here and after reading such misery, I need that!

Yeah I know what you’re saying, it can get pretty negative on here. I’ve been coming here for years, and I’ve learned not to take what the haters say seriously or personally at all, I just find them laughable.

Just remember that what they say has absolutely no bearing on Morrissey or what his art means to you, and what his art means to you, is all that matters at the end of the day.

Be well :)

But they can never taint you in my eyes
No, they can never touch you now
No, they cannot hurt you, my darling
They cannot touch you now’

Yeah I know what you’re saying, it can get pretty negative on here. I’ve been coming here for years, and I’ve learned not to take what the haters say seriously or personally at all, I just find them laughable.

Just remember that what they say has absolutely no bearing on Morrissey or what his art means to you, and what his art means to you, is all that matters at the end of the day.

Very true

Oh, what a shambles. BOTT always worked best as a half-formed thing, a Stretford 'Basement Tapes' or a Prestwich 'Black' album. The cold light of day has been much less kind.

The problem is the actual songs have hardly thrived in the open air, have they? 'Veronica' is at best a Squeeze b-side, BOTT had an initial shock value with its (deserved) skewering of performative grief - but the actual song?

We remain convinced that SE,TTR is an embarrassment akin to being lectured by a middle-manager about his insurance premiums going up and the difficulty in finding a high-yield pension account. In short, everything he once flounced against now internalised.

Interesting that the current highlight is RWA which achieves this by raiding CG for that gorgeous tune.

BOTT should remain unreleased. No longer entirely a mystery to us but with a faded patina of rarity that may sustain the myth a little longer.

We're getting to the end, aren't we?
CG? Cherry Ghost?
Saw Morrissey in Blackpool, loved it, thought Bonfire of Teenagers was one of the highlights, I can understand his point of view, but don't think lyrically he's expressed it as well as he could have, would have in the past, but a great song nonetheless. The other new songs came across well too.

In my opinion, this Album will be held back - by Capitol Records - until Summer 2023....
Don't forget after this 2022 Tour, the boys can/could go straight into a Studio and record ANOTHER album too. Which then makes 2 Albums worth of new material ready for a Summer 2023 release......

So how about that, then ? Capitol Records know a thing or two about Marketing and Sales. Don't think that this is bad news....

Keep Faith !

Hazard x

CG? Cherry Ghost?
Saw Morrissey in Blackpool, loved it, thought Bonfire of Teenagers was one of the highlights, I can understand his point of view, but don't think lyrically he's expressed it as well as he could have, would have in the past, but a great song nonetheless. The other new songs came across well too.
Cemetry Gates, dear boy.

Cemetry Gates, dear boy.
Of course, thanks, I'd gone through Morrissey's discography, but not The Smiths. Aside from the Blackpool concert, I've refrained from listening to the new stuff, preferring to wait until the album emerges, if indeed, it ever does. Being an old fart, RWA off BOT sounds like CG, would read Rebels Without Applause off Bonfire Of Teenagers sounds like Cemetry Gates.
I work in an industry where I often have to tolerate Toolbox Talks (pre-task briefings) which usually consist mainly of abbreviations, acronyms and the latest 'wank words', so I'm constantly bemused, befuddled and bewildered as to what's going on, a state I quiet enjoy actually.

It certainly can. I'm quite a negative person to begin with, about most things in life, so other people piling more on is not ideal. You're absolutely taking their antics the best way possible - by simply laughing. I will try and do the same; it makes everything easier.

Ahhh, your words are so true. Yes, that is all that matters. I don't think anyone could impact my love of/for him. I believe some people here perhaps used to be huge fans of M but have morphed into haters, for some reason. That's what I've deduced from reading various threads anyway. It's difficult to understand how people cannot love such a genuine guy who wears his heart on his sleeve but who certainly has a very mischievous side to him.

I have been contemplating whether to go and see a Smiths tribute gig, but I can't get over the fact that they are never going to be anything like The Smiths. How could they be?! However, on the other hand, it's, realistically, as close as we are likely to get to experiencing them now. I really don't know whether it's worth it or not. I'm not one to go to tribute concerts because they are quite often naff, but I have considered this purely because of my love of their music.

I hope you're well too! 😀

Last edited:
Of course, thanks, I'd gone through Morrissey's discography, but not The Smiths. Aside from the Blackpool concert, I've refrained from listening to the new stuff, preferring to wait until the album emerges, if indeed, it ever does. Being an old fart, RWA off BOT sounds like CG, would read Rebels Without Applause off Bonfire Of Teenagers sounds like Cemetry Gates.
I work in an industry where I often have to tolerate Toolbox Talks (pre-task briefings) which usually consist mainly of abbreviations, acronyms and the latest 'wank words', so I'm constantly bemused, befuddled and bewildered as to what's going on, a state I quiet enjoy actually.

I'm amazed you've managed to avoid listening to the new album, or at least the bulk of it which we now have from the live gigs. That could never be me. I'm way too eager. 😆

Thinking about it, it may actually be quite nice to wait and listen to the album in full in all its glory when it's released as we all know the difference it can make listening to a full run-through as opposed to a few songs here and there. I hope you manage to continue your embargo until its release. Whenever that may be!

I'm amazed you've managed to avoid listening to the new album, or at least the bulk of it which we now have from the live gigs. That could never be me. I'm way too eager. 😆

Thinking about it, it may actually be quite nice to wait and listen to the album in full in all its glory when it's released as we all know the difference it can make listening to a full run-through as opposed to a few songs here and there. I hope you manage to continue your embargo until its release. Whenever that may be!
I'm giving it till the New Year, if that arrives with no positive news of a release date, then I shall be reassssing, reevaluating, reappraising, reconsidering and downloading everything I can find.

Is it too much to expect that Capitol Records at least will let the world know IF they will release the album? Didn't I read that several magazines including NME had reached out for a comment...will they get one??

Is it too much to expect that Capitol Records at least will let the world know IF they will release the album? Didn't I read that several magazines including NME had reached out for a comment...will they get one??

I don't understand why there is no comment from Capitol Records at all. Every bit of news has come from Morrissey. I'm starting to doubt there is a deal in place at all.

I don't understand why there is no comment from Capitol Records at all. Every bit of news has come from Morrissey. I'm starting to doubt there is a deal in place at all.

If there isn´t a deal, then they WOULD have commented for sure! As for now, THEY want and THEY will decide when the promotion begins - not nephew Sam...

So... we are all in a Morrissey dream? Like in a David Lynch film?

If there isn´t a deal, then they WOULD have commented for sure! As for now, THEY want and THEY will decide when the promotion begins - not nephew Sam...
I think the fact Capitol hasn't commented means that the deal is still under negotiation. Capitol probably won't say anything until the deal is cemented and a release date has been decided. Of course there's still time for Morrissey to ruin the whole deal with his public interfering into a process that should be kept under wraps until everything has been ironed out.

I think the fact Capitol hasn't commented means that the deal is still under negotiation. Capitol probably won't say anything until the deal is cemented and a release date has been decided. Of course there's still time for Morrissey to ruin the whole deal with his public interfering into a process that should be kept under wraps until everything has been ironed out.
Agreed. I've been waiting for a comment from Capital stating there is no deal. The lack of such a comment seems like tacit confirmation that it's real. Why oh why it's had to go this dysfunctional way is anyone's guess at this point. Well, we can guess who but the why is perplexing.

Last edited:
Tags
bonfire of teenagers

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom