Morrissey Central "Bonfire Unlit" (November 14, 2022)

full

'Bonfire of Teenagers' is no longer scheduled for a February release, as stated by this site. Its fate is exclusively in the hands of Capitol Records (Los Angeles.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it working or are you conning yourself? I feel one should allow oneself to feel anything. Sometimes it’s only natural to feel pain, sorrow, anger or frustration.

Of course. Therefor you should probably feel frustrated that this is not the case for Morrissey.

There is no ‘conning’. Don’t you ever in hindsight question the way you feel or felt about something?

Where did I say that one should not feel?

I don’t feel frustrated. I’m patient, and will see
how things unfold.

On this glorious occasion...of the splendid defeat

The story is old …. there shouldn’t be any surprise
On a previous post as regards the release date (that never was), I did say that I’ll believe it when I hear it. Well, look what’s come to pass, eh?
Capitol must have their own strategy in the planning stage….you’d think. As if they’re going to show their hand that soon? Honestly! As anyone who has followed his career from time, nothing’s ever remotely straightforward in the world of Stephen Patrick Morrissey. 🤔

On a previous post as regards the release date (that never was), I did say that I’ll believe it when I hear it.
I’ve said the same.
Well, look what’s come to pass, eh?
Capitol must have their own strategy in the planning stage….you’d think. As if they’re going to show their hand that soon? Honestly!

As anyone who has followed his career from time, nothing’s ever remotely straightforward in the world of Stephen Patrick Morrissey. 🤔

or in the world of Morrissey.

Anyway, as they say, you can’t teach an old dog new tricks, especially if they are as unchained as Morrissey is.

Why do so many continue to love such a mad man ?

View attachment 85867

Rear art:
Tony Silver, Style Wars ('83).
Used as a backdrop & drum header in 2021.
FWD.
This is from an interesting documentary that is on You Tube in Full during the Mayor Koch years in NYC of increasing crime and deterioration. It's interesting how hip hop emerged from some of these feelings of helplessness/desperation. I grew up with graffiti covered trains as that was the norm. It was an interesting time.

There is no ‘conning’. Don’t you ever in hindsight question the way you feel or felt about something?

Where did I say that one should not feel?

I don’t feel frustrated. I’m patient, and will see
how things unfold.
Of course I do. But I don’t “choose” the way I feel. I allow myself to feel the way I feel.

Of course I do. But I don’t “choose” the way I feel. I allow myself to feel the way I feel.

But you do have a choice in continuing to feel the same way or a different way if your understanding of the experience changes.

But you do have a choice in continuing to feel the same way or a different way if your understanding of the experience changes.
Sure. That’s what I mean. I feel what I feel depending on my perception of the circumstances.

Sure. That’s what I mean. I feel what I feel depending on my perception of the circumstances.

Yes, and seeing that my initial emotional response will not change the circumstances, I look to see what actions I can take that may change the circumstances, and in doing so, I will in turn be choosing a healthier emotional state of mind.

Yes, and seeing that my initial emotional response will not change the circumstances, I look to see what actions I can take that may change the circumstances, and in doing so, I will in turn be choosing a healthier emotional state of mind.
But do you actually change what you’re actually feeling?

Oh, what a shambles. BOTT always worked best as a half-formed thing, a Stretford 'Basement Tapes' or a Prestwich 'Black' album. The cold light of day has been much less kind.

The problem is the actual songs have hardly thrived in the open air, have they? 'Veronica' is at best a Squeeze b-side, BOTT had an initial shock value with its (deserved) skewering of performative grief - but the actual song?

We remain convinced that SE,TTR is an embarrassment akin to being lectured by a middle-manager about his insurance premiums going up and the difficulty in finding a high-yield pension account. In short, everything he once flounced against now internalised.

Interesting that the current highlight is RWA which achieves this by raiding CG for that gorgeous tune.

BOTT should remain unreleased. No longer entirely a mystery to us but with a faded patina of rarity that may sustain the myth a little longer.

We're getting to the end, aren't we?
BOT

Of course your emotional state changes, and if the action is correct, then the feelings that naturally follow will benefit you.
Just so we’re on the same page. Carry on! 😅

So the (Central) website is talking about itself in third person?

Yes. They've done stranger things. Notice how noone else has asked that question; that's because we are used to it/the syntax.

Last edited:
I swear this site plays havoc with my emotions. Not really the sites fault, but it's really an accepted drawback of being a huge M fan. His ups and downs, self sabotage or not, affect us mentally too. So, I can't imagine what it's actually like for his health. Christ.

I agree with you regarding Chicarelli’s production; it’s terrible & sucked the life out of many a great song which sounded much better performed live.

However, I disagree with you about I Am Veronica; it is nowhere near the quality of such career-high singles as This Charming Man or First of the Gang to Die. Each of those songs has stellar music, evocative lyrics, & great choruses/melodies. Veronica, on the other hand, has a hooky opening vocal melody & little else to recommend itself. The lyrics are vague to the point of being meaningless - especially the guff section about fish, dolphins, & owls - & the remainder is simply forgettable. It seems that in recent years, Moz has developed a bit of a habit of attempting to release hooky singles with no substance in a desperate attempt to gain some radio play. Spent the Day in Bed was similar & one of the very worst songs he has ever released.

Veronica is my least favourite track from the (hopefully) upcoming album. So far…

Same here. IAV doesn't satiate me as much as other tracks from BOT and is nowhere even close to TCM. Right now. I honestly just want it to leak, or as someone so eloquently put it earlier, sing the other unheard tracks live and we will put it together ourselves. 😆

ignore the negative Nancy that Bonaparte is, comes late to the party to shit on it, what a snooze.

Meanwhile M continues a forward success.

Lol ……..……. 👇

I've noticed, you're the only I can count on almost invariably being positive on here and after reading such misery, I need that!

Tags
bonfire of teenagers

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom