Morrissey Central "Bonfire Unlit" (November 14, 2022)

full

'Bonfire of Teenagers' is no longer scheduled for a February release, as stated by this site. Its fate is exclusively in the hands of Capitol Records (Los Angeles.)

Last edited by a moderator:
My suspicion here is that Sam put out the preliminary release information onto M central too early which rubbed the Capitol people the wrong way. The fact that the record company haven’t actually officially announced anything could be telling. This is me being pessimistic though. I really hope it gets released.

(Cover art is better btw, and the back looks pretty professional).

I’m not at all surprised this album won’t get released. From what I’ve heard it was absolutely dire.
From the Art work, to the title track I never took any positives from any of this.
Just Sack it off Moz and start all over again with Alain .
The new music is class, the artwork on the sleeve is better than I expected. The multiple pics of Moz on the front looked pony.

Morrissey should just self-release the album and move on, it's not going to get any promotion anyway. Oh and he should announcing things that never materialise.

Oh dear. Has this supposed record deal been even officially announced by Capitol -- or have all news stories been based on the Morrissey Central announcement?
Yeah, good question. It's only been on Central. We never saw any info about signing Morrissey on Capital's website.

My suspicion here is that Sam put out the preliminary release information onto M central too early which rubbed the Capitol people the wrong way. The fact that the record company haven’t actually officially announced anything could be telling. This is me being pessimistic though. I really hope it gets released.

That sounds legit. I wonder if the contract is even signed yet. Perhaps Morrissey was trying to push Capitol with that announcement, which would be totally idiotic -- but still very like Morrissey.

The notion that the album has been cancelled as a result of the Greek incident is a tad ridiculous I think, even in view that it made local news over there.

I’m glass half full type chap, right, and I reckon if he’s been dropped then the post would have put that out there. With all the delays to vinyl pressing that exist in a post-COVID world, perhaps the album has been delayed for release rather than canned altogether.

Fact is, the Moz camp probably shouldn’t have been so jubilant about a Feb release. The record company are going to do their own promotion including streaming sites and the like. I suppose it’s frustrating that they stole their thunder a bit.

The sleeve design being shown is, however, a positive step.

Well at least he's changed his approach to record labels... a breath of fresh air - upset the record label before the album comes out!

Get rid of those pesky bridges, no need to even cross them if you burn them down first

Although it saddens me to say this, I told you so. All this lp bluster seemed to be about getting in the news and selling tickets.
This year has been a year of so many false claims by Camp M. I don't blame him, he is just trying to get a good deal. The effect on the fans is disheartening.
I feel bad for him, that he felt he needed to stop the gig in LA as well. Maybe we have been too hard on him. There really is quite a bad bug going around- both my daughter has it (ironically that was the reason I didn't go to the gig on Sat, thank god I sold the tickets) and my workmate has it.
People can't help getting colds
I hope the lp does get to come out. Maybe Saint can get a digital release for xmas?
Art is not a crime, should be a title, like a person above said.
I pray, M get a new plan of attack, he was doing well, he kept his gob shut, he was doing good gigs both in Vegas and the UK /Ireland. He just needs to carry on doing that. Hopefully, he will come around to the self release route
Nobody in their right mind claims that art is a crime. So IMHO it's a pretty crap slogan/title.

This story is old, I know, but it goes on.

p.s. I wonder if Moz knew this news yesterday and he was in a bad mood and a wave of depression hit him during the concert, coupled with the coldness on stage.

Last edited:

My thoughts exactly. This has SER's cack-handedness written all over it. And to post that on Moz Central today of all days - when people are waiting for an update to know that Moz is ok for tonight's show. The mind boggles.

I gotta say, this is all very entertaining! I gotta hand it to Moz for continually bringing the drama. Isn't that what we are all addicted to? Let's see what happens at tonight's show! :popcorn:

Nobody in their right mind claims that art is a crime. So IMHO it's a pretty crap slogan/title.
Really? Have you heard of Amnesty International? There are artists imprisoned in several countries as we speak. Just for criticising the regime they live under.
And that's before we get into the whole 'woke' debate with regard to 'thought crime' and saying the unsayable in the USA and the UK. I would imagine Moz has felt like a criminal on several occasions because of his views. He can't get a record contract for one thing. Now that is a crime. But that debate is for another day...:)

The Capitol issue is financial and nothing more. When one puts the cart in front of the horse, nothing moves forward, and in this instance, you have a deal (nearly) in place, make an announcement, and then decide that deal is not good enough or what you believed it to be. Hence, putting it (the release) back "exclusively in the hands of Capitol Records" is not entirely accurate and feebly attempts to push the blame away from the whim of the artist.
We can go on about representation and agreements (like with any contract), however the artist should be well-versed enough after decades in the entertainment and licensing business to understand the basics of a transactional aggreement.

Ridiculous. He should have self-released the album a year ago. Screw the old-line record label baloney. Just release the thing on Bandcamp or something. F*cks sake.

Tags
bonfire of teenagers

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom