Morrissey Central "Bonfire Unlit" (November 14, 2022)

full

'Bonfire of Teenagers' is no longer scheduled for a February release, as stated by this site. Its fate is exclusively in the hands of Capitol Records (Los Angeles.)

Last edited by a moderator:
What a mess. Why does everything deteriorate like this, what the hell has happened now?

Just play the last 4 songs we haven't heard live and we'll put our own record together.

He needs a proper manager to slap him around (metaphorically), get rid of the arse kissers around him and sort his career out.

What's Ken Friedman up to these days?

Nice cover - terrible combination of fonts.

For me, his name & album title on the front cover could be positioned a little more into the top right hand corner, but I love the photo of a young Moz way more than any of the album cover photos of him since Vauxhall.

He really seemed to lose his way with his album sleeves over the past quarter of a century. I thought the props of Quarry, Ringleader & Years…were just silly. Swords must have the worst photo of him ever used on a sleeve; he looks like a constipated, Cross-eyed simpleton. World Peace…is just pointless. Low…is head-scratching in its lack of style.

Need I go on?

A teenage Moz with a big yellow heart on his jumper seems apt for an album with a title song about Manchester teenagers being murdered.

Aw 😿

If I could give you a record deal, I would, Morrissey!

It may yet happen. Meanwhile, big breaths all round, as he picks himself up and gets back in the race 🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️

This story is old, I know, but it goes on.

p.s. I wonder if Moz knew this news yesterday and he was in a bad mood and a wave of depression hit him during the concert, coupled with the coldness on stage.
Just like that's exactly what I thought!! I saw the whole small recital at times it seemed irritated, he did not communicate with the musicians he did not seem to comment with them things like what cold is here, and Alain and the rest did not seem annoyed with the cold,. Nothing ever published to show that Moz signed with Capitol? I don't understand anything

In recent months Central announced more dates to the UK tour. Didn’t happen.
Central said he would play the Coliseum. Then became Palladium.

You can never really trust anything that comes from that site.
Or at least, you always have to cross check. Some people did exactly that and could not find any announcement of an imminent Bonfire release on the Capitol Records (Los Angelos) website

Wow, this is almost like someone promised him something they won't deliver. It's no big deal. He should know better.
That cannot be the real cover. Teenagers should be capitalized.
I always doubted there was a deal, maybe there isn't.

Last edited:
Hmm. Releasing digitally and then coming out with vinyl later - don’t think it would work as someone could feasibly stream for free or access a pirated download and then neglect to buy the physical format because they don’t like the record
Most people these days stream an album first before purchasing it. Vinyl sales and all physical music media sales have been irrelevant for years and are no longer an indicator of an albums success. It's about tours, live shows, streams, and merchandise. Every vinyl I ordered this year was a pre-order with the album being released on Spotify and apple music first. It took me 6-7 months to get my Marina and the Diamonds vinyl and she's a national act signed to a major. Vinyl is huge right now, but it's still a niche market that only really appeals to collectors and diehard fans. Labels know this, but money is money, and they're willing to tap that market. But an album's release is not necessarily driven with vinyl in mind.

There is no way to know if I sign with the label? Since some say that Central was "ahead". announcing the departure of BOT in February. I think Moz doesn't need to invent a contract to do recitals, something happens... I don't know who manages Moz's career but he does it badly. There are several wrong actions... :disrelieved: :disrelieved:

If Moz is such an F the system type of bloke that he comes across as then the ultimate F the industry would be to self release it. Label or self released I believe he would sell just about the same amount of copies. The people who are going to buy it are his true fans anyway regardless if he is on a label or not.

The deal with Capitol and the sleeve must be for real. He'd get into legal trouble plastering their name and logo all over his site.

Maybe Sam was just too quick to let us know of a probable release date, which of course he should be much more accurate with this type of news.

That being said - this doesn't mean there is a general issue releasing the record, or that there was any kind of connection between the recent concert ending early and the 'delay' on the album release.

Seems like way too much of a coincidence that this fk up is announced almost immediately after he exited stage left the other evening in the middle of the set. I cannot believe that they are not related in some way.

Tags
bonfire of teenagers
Back
Top Bottom