Bonfire Of Teenagers: some writing credits now on ASCAP - @Intl_Playgirl / Twitter (January 25, 2023)

Anyone care to comment on these tidbits?

HA HA HARLEM:
BULLETTI ANDREA
KLINGHOFFER JOSH ADAM
LOPEZ MANDO
MORRISSEY STEVEN PATRICK
SMITH CHAD GAYLORD
WOTMAN ANDREW

I LIVE IN OBLIVION:
DALY MICHAEL A
KLINGHOFFER JOSH ADAM
MORRISSEY STEVEN PATRICK
SMITH CHAD GAYLORD
TOBIAS JESSE ALEJANDRO
WOTMAN ANDREW

BONFIRE OF TEENAGERS:
KLINGHOFFER JOSH ADAM
LOPEZ MANDO
MORRISSEY STEVEN PATRICK
SMITH CHAD GAYLORD
WOTMAN ANDREW

I EX-LOVE YOU:
DALY MICHAEL A
KLINGHOFFER JOSH ADAM
MORRISSEY STEVEN PATRICK
SMITH CHAD GAYLORD
TOBIAS JESSE ALEJANDRO
WOTMAN ANDREW

SAINT IN A STAINED GLASS WINDOW:
KLINGHOFFER JOSH ADAM
MORRISSEY STEVEN PATRICK
SMITH CHAD GAYLORD
WOTMAN ANDREW

SURE ENOUGH, THE TELEPHONE RINGS:
KLINGHOFFER JOSH ADAM
MANZUR GUSTAVO ADOLF0
MORRISSEY STEVEN PATRICK
SMITH CHAD GAYLORD
WOTMAN ANDREW

KEROUAC'S CRACK:
DALY MICHAEL
KLINGHOFFER JOSH ADAM
MORRISSEY STEVEN PATRICK
SMITH CHAD GAYLORD
TOBIAS JESSE ALEJANDRO
WOTMAN ANDREW

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly, I really like Mando, and am very glad he's playing on this album (if that's what this all means).

I thought Flea was playing bass on it though. What a mystery!
this album ?
or that album ?

The trick is to actually highlight the name the album you mean because one is recorded and ready and has published songwriting credits as per the above, but is "Missing......." 🫣

The other is being recorded round about now.....so songwriting credits cannot be published for that just yet as no one knows what songs are being recorded (today 🎶🎷🎶)

Note - we could write a song or two for Meghan Trainor but it doesn't mean that we would play on those tracks, but we would still get songwriting credits for those songs.

Hazard x

He got a session band in during the pandemic. He couldn't wait. The songs had been written but they needed to be sung. So that record was recorded and produced by local gunslingers. The new album with be simpler and more organic. The new songs would have been written and demoed while the band was on tour. Alain Whyte is involved in this album. The band seem to be playing well. The music is tight. Lets see what flavours they bring.

Last edited:
You're quite right.
Jesse wrote some absolute beauties on the last album e.g. Knockabout World, Hurling Days and Once I Saw The River Clean. Inspirational stuff and so much better than the generic indie plod he was writing back in the Ringleader era.
I'm not a man, I am not a dog on a chain, Forgive someone, I bury the living, I'm ok by myself, Kick the bride, Smiler with knife... all good songs to my humble ears.

It's simply to do with the input of the other musicians into the composition of the track. Some Velvet Underground tracks are credited to 'Reed' and some, like Sister Ray, for example, are credited to 'Reed/Cale/Morrison/Tucker'.
Indeed. Which makes me ponder with amazement yet again that Andy Rourke wasn't given co-writes on tracks such as Headmaster Ritual, Heaven Knows and Barbarism. Unless Morrissey/Marr wrote his basslines, which they didn't.

You're quite right.
Jesse wrote some absolute beauties on the last album e.g. Knockabout World, Hurling Days and Once I Saw The River Clean. Inspirational stuff and so much better than the generic indie plod he was writing back in the Ringleader era.
yip,never had a problem with jesse,he is as loyal as they come.
theres actually a bit of scots slang where if someone is acting like a bit of a wimp you would say.
Ya Big Jessie.

Odds on this album coming out next month?
Fairly low. With a month to go you'd expect at least some publicity and a link to where people can pre-order the album, probably tied in with another digital only single release. The silence from Capitol so far has been deafening - we still only have Morrissey's word that he was associated with them in the first place.

1f2c5a14-a7a0-42f8-a2a8-0280451285ce_text.gif

60416f00-a4c9-408f-9304-a64623d81908_text.gif

Possibly I was thinking of Gaylord the bovver boy from the Dick Emery show in the 70's/80's in the UK. It was also a popular, lightweight derogatory term back in the day.
All the kids in my school used to refer to each other as 'gaylords'. It was the choicest insult back then.

Why? Jesse is a good guitarist and his composing skills are getting better with time.
Yeah he's just so good on guitar yet he can't play Smiths stuff or old solo. The guy is a forgettable leftover 90's guitarist. He's heavy handed and is incapable of playing with any delicateness or finesse. Plus his guitar tones suck.

Why? Jesse is a good guitarist and his composing skills are getting better with time.
He has massively improved as a songwriter since the Ringleader days but I wouldn't go that far. He hashed up the early solo and Smiths stuff so many times live that was he was practically a running joke, he makes everything look difficult. At best his playing improved from awful to bog-standard but that's miles away from good.

I think Jesse is a quite competent songwriter but I absolutely hate his live lead guitar sound. I find he plays with no subtlety whatsoever and his style is just way too loud and distorted for my liking. Can’t hate the man who wrote You Have Killed Me, On The Streets I Ran and Forgive Someone, though…

Fairly low. With a month to go you'd expect at least some publicity and a link to where people can pre-order the album, probably tied in with another digital only single release. The silence from Capitol so far has been deafening - we still only have Morrissey's word that he was associated with them in the first place.
I’m expecting a drop with no promotion, if it does eventually come out

from what i can remember dog had very little promotion,infact when was the last time you saw anything significant for the release of an album by M.

Tags
bonfire of teenagers

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom