Bonfire Of Teenagers: some writing credits now on ASCAP - @Intl_Playgirl / Twitter (January 25, 2023)

Anyone care to comment on these tidbits?

HA HA HARLEM:
BULLETTI ANDREA
KLINGHOFFER JOSH ADAM
LOPEZ MANDO
MORRISSEY STEVEN PATRICK
SMITH CHAD GAYLORD
WOTMAN ANDREW

I LIVE IN OBLIVION:
DALY MICHAEL A
KLINGHOFFER JOSH ADAM
MORRISSEY STEVEN PATRICK
SMITH CHAD GAYLORD
TOBIAS JESSE ALEJANDRO
WOTMAN ANDREW

BONFIRE OF TEENAGERS:
KLINGHOFFER JOSH ADAM
LOPEZ MANDO
MORRISSEY STEVEN PATRICK
SMITH CHAD GAYLORD
WOTMAN ANDREW

I EX-LOVE YOU:
DALY MICHAEL A
KLINGHOFFER JOSH ADAM
MORRISSEY STEVEN PATRICK
SMITH CHAD GAYLORD
TOBIAS JESSE ALEJANDRO
WOTMAN ANDREW

SAINT IN A STAINED GLASS WINDOW:
KLINGHOFFER JOSH ADAM
MORRISSEY STEVEN PATRICK
SMITH CHAD GAYLORD
WOTMAN ANDREW

SURE ENOUGH, THE TELEPHONE RINGS:
KLINGHOFFER JOSH ADAM
MANZUR GUSTAVO ADOLF0
MORRISSEY STEVEN PATRICK
SMITH CHAD GAYLORD
WOTMAN ANDREW

KEROUAC'S CRACK:
DALY MICHAEL
KLINGHOFFER JOSH ADAM
MORRISSEY STEVEN PATRICK
SMITH CHAD GAYLORD
TOBIAS JESSE ALEJANDRO
WOTMAN ANDREW

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting to still see Mando’s name.
I suppose it is a list of the musicians playing on each track, not the composers.

Honestly, I really like Mando, and am very glad he's playing on this album (if that's what this all means).

I thought Flea was playing bass on it though. What a mystery!

I don't believe Mando attended the Watt Bonfire recording session/s.
Given the nature of the site listing the titles, it's highly likely some of these tracks were 'proto' / demo-form and then covid struck & by nature of his location to Watt & Sunset - we get people surrounding Watt playing on the album and perhaps previous "writers" getting credit.
I'd expect to see similar for Diana Dors.
Regards,
FWD.

It's simply to do with the input of the other musicians into the composition of the track. Some Velvet Underground tracks are credited to 'Reed' and some, like Sister Ray, for example, are credited to 'Reed/Cale/Morrison/Tucker'.
There's even an expression in the industry about this, namely "Add a word, get a third", meaning that making very minor alterations to a song's lyrics can entitle a person to one third of the royalty payments. The same goes for the music writing

From what’s been said by Andrew, it seems the basics (ideas/demos) were brought in, then with ‘jamming’ around the Bonfire, these new arrangements changed the songs enough for the guest players to earn song writing credits.
Isn’t that the way Morrissey usually works? Band mates send Morrissey some rough skeletons, Morrissey adds his words and vocal harmony, then the band works together in the studio to finish the track, sometimes with guidance from Morrissey who may want to have a particular atmosphere or resemblance to something else. It is just that for BOT, the band wasn’t very involved in studio recordings, and we have Watts, Smith and Klinghoffer replacing them.

The two month anniversary of the RWA-release was yesterday. Time for a follow-up!
I have a feeling that’s Veronica, so hopefully they’ve got the re-recording settled.
He already announced Veronica as a new single coming out soon last year in May at the cruell World festival. And we are still waiting.

It’s good news these are uploaded to the site and registered, which suggests the lawyers have got the details.
This site contains a bunch of tracks Morrissey has written but of course not released so is not indicative of anything occurring soon, but inspires confidence that something exists and is in the system ready to go.

As for the rebels comments, we cleared up months ago that it’s a legitimate copy released through Capitol on morrisseys behalf

He already announced Veronica as a new single coming out soon last year in May at the cruell World festival. And we are still waiting.
Yes, I suppose he wanted it to be the first single.
But with Miley pulling out they decided to release RWA first.

From what’s been said by Andrew, it seems the basics (ideas/demos) were brought in, then with ‘jamming’ around the Bonfire, these new arrangements changed the songs enough for the guest players to earn song writing credits.

Went ahead and did some extra analyzin', and it appears
that Saint In A Stain Glassed Window may have been
written durin' the recordin' sessions.

1, they should ban leaked stuff on here,if less money goes to M then where is the incentive to keep making records,cd these days £10,put your money where your mouth is.

2, it gets leaked and its the greatest record ever,24 hours later,its a pile of dung.
seen it on here so many times.

Why does Jesse have to be around for every F'ing thing? It's frustrating. The guy just won't go away.

Why? Jesse is a good guitarist and his composing skills are getting better with time.
You're quite right.
Jesse wrote some absolute beauties on the last album e.g. Knockabout World, Hurling Days and Once I Saw The River Clean. Inspirational stuff and so much better than the generic indie plod he was writing back in the Ringleader era.

Tags
bonfire of teenagers

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom