Bonfire Of Teenagers: some writing credits now on ASCAP - @Intl_Playgirl / Twitter (January 25, 2023)

Anyone care to comment on these tidbits?

HA HA HARLEM:
BULLETTI ANDREA
KLINGHOFFER JOSH ADAM
LOPEZ MANDO
MORRISSEY STEVEN PATRICK
SMITH CHAD GAYLORD
WOTMAN ANDREW

I LIVE IN OBLIVION:
DALY MICHAEL A
KLINGHOFFER JOSH ADAM
MORRISSEY STEVEN PATRICK
SMITH CHAD GAYLORD
TOBIAS JESSE ALEJANDRO
WOTMAN ANDREW

BONFIRE OF TEENAGERS:
KLINGHOFFER JOSH ADAM
LOPEZ MANDO
MORRISSEY STEVEN PATRICK
SMITH CHAD GAYLORD
WOTMAN ANDREW

I EX-LOVE YOU:
DALY MICHAEL A
KLINGHOFFER JOSH ADAM
MORRISSEY STEVEN PATRICK
SMITH CHAD GAYLORD
TOBIAS JESSE ALEJANDRO
WOTMAN ANDREW

SAINT IN A STAINED GLASS WINDOW:
KLINGHOFFER JOSH ADAM
MORRISSEY STEVEN PATRICK
SMITH CHAD GAYLORD
WOTMAN ANDREW

SURE ENOUGH, THE TELEPHONE RINGS:
KLINGHOFFER JOSH ADAM
MANZUR GUSTAVO ADOLF0
MORRISSEY STEVEN PATRICK
SMITH CHAD GAYLORD
WOTMAN ANDREW

KEROUAC'S CRACK:
DALY MICHAEL
KLINGHOFFER JOSH ADAM
MORRISSEY STEVEN PATRICK
SMITH CHAD GAYLORD
TOBIAS JESSE ALEJANDRO
WOTMAN ANDREW

Last edited by a moderator:
I don’t know why so many people are listed as songwriters, how can that work.

Maybe they are crediting the people who write keyboard or guitar and bass lines. For me the song is created by those who write the chords, lyrics and vocal melody.
just sitting around a campfire jamming, probably.........not

I'm never really sure how having 5+ people listed as a composer for a song is supposed to work in actuality. It seems to be a modern phenonium, and presumably more of a business decision to slice up the publishing royalties? Surely just one - or maybe two - people came up with the basic chord structure/riffs?
It's certainly got way more common in recent times but, like so much of our popular culture, it was first done by Phil Spector back in the 1960s. As producer, he shoehorned his name onto writing credits for a fair few songs he had little or even nothing to do with writing, most notably You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling. Nowadays 'producers' seem to get co-write credits a lot, and I'm left wondering whether they actually wrote any of the song itself.

Granted that's not exactly what these credits are, but it's not really a recent thing to add the names of people who contributed little if anything at all to the actual writing of the song.

I don’t know why so many people are listed as songwriters, how can that work.

Maybe they are crediting the people who write keyboard or guitar and bass lines. For me the song is created by those who write the chords, lyrics and vocal melody.

just sitting around a campfire jamming, probably.........not

From what’s been said by Andrew, it seems the basics (ideas/demos) were brought in, then with ‘jamming’ around the Bonfire, these new arrangements changed the songs enough for the guest players to earn song writing credits.

Release the damn thing.

wonder why andrew wotman changed his name to the most scottish name you can get in andrew watt.
who would win a fight, gaylord v ganglord.

All this crap for an album no one can buy/play. Where is the damn thing?

I imagine its stored on a USB stick lying in a typists desk somewhere in the Capitol records office.

Call me old school , but one of the first indications of an album launch is a single from said album being officially released/promoted by the relevant record label.
We got a single, but it was immediately followed by complete silence and no promotion whatsoever. The whole operation is in shambles.

The two month anniversary of the RWA-release was yesterday. Time for a follow-up!
I have a feeling that’s Veronica, so hopefully they’ve got the re-recording settled.

It's certainly got way more common in recent times but, like so much of our popular culture, it was first done by Phil Spector back in the 1960s. As producer, he shoehorned his name onto writing credits for a fair few songs he had little or even nothing to do with writing, most notably You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling. Nowadays 'producers' seem to get co-write credits a lot, and I'm left wondering whether they actually wrote any of the song itself.

Granted that's not exactly what these credits are, but it's not really a recent thing to add the names of people who contributed little if anything at all to the actual writing of the song.
It's simply to do with the input of the other musicians into the composition of the track. Some Velvet Underground tracks are credited to 'Reed' and some, like Sister Ray, for example, are credited to 'Reed/Cale/Morrison/Tucker'.

Last edited:
We got a single, but it was immediately followed by complete silence and no promotion whatsoever. The whole operation is in shambles.
Exactly. So it begs the question, who released "Rebels.."? If it was a "self release", was it a demo version rather than the label owned song? If the label allowed him to release their licensed version, was it just to fulfil a contractual obligation, hence zero promotion on their part.

As has been stated numerous times on this site, Capitol records have never acknowledged him as a signed artist.

Tags
bonfire of teenagers

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom