Morrissey Central "BONFIRE OF TEENAGERS, RIP" (February 13, 2023) - Morrissey vs Capitol Records

20C9B95B-45BE-4406-B21F-065BD6184F78.jpeg

Capitol Records (Los Angeles) proudly promotes Sam Smith’s ‘satanism’; yet they consider the honest truth of Morrissey’s factual ‘Bonfire of Teenagers’ to be their biggest threat and they will not release it despite their contractual obligation and promise to do so.

Media coverage:

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone else not coping with the lack of Bonfire?
I'm gutted. The live tracks played so far are amongst my favourite songs he's done. The album has such a different tone to the last 3, not political, nothing about Israel and war and fake news etc. It's almost picking up where Refusal took off. The songs are direct and catchy.

It will leak eventually, at least.

Anyone else try to avoid buying/streaming anything released on Capitol Records?

No leaks, n
I'm gutted. The live tracks played so far are amongst my favourite songs he's done. The album has such a different tone to the last 3, not political, nothing about Israel and war and fake news etc. It's almost picking up where Refusal took off. The songs are direct and catchy.

It will leak eventually, at least.
No leaks, no opinions shared, no new lyrics - nothing!

No leaks, n

No leaks, no opinions shared, no new lyrics - nothing!
And absolutely no information from camp Morrissey. It really wouldn’t hurt to share what he is trying trying to do. We all assume Capitol have now dropped the album but nothing is confirmed, we also have “without music” that he said he is looking at ways to globally distribute. I just wish somebody would actually share the real status.

To record albums - mixed and mastered - that sit just sit gathering dust - it’s madness and as far as I know unheard of.

The live gigs have been great 2022 and 2023. The albums are the true legacy, though.

To record albums - mixed and mastered - that sit just sit gathering dust - it’s madness and as far as I know unheard of.

The live gigs have been great 2022 and 2023. The albums are the true legacy, though.
Prince did it, but that was because he couldn't stop recording and simple made too much to release.

The announcement of Without Music is very unusual, absolute agree recording it while the muse is there is a wise decision and I'm sure the tracks are great, but announcing it was weird. I can't see the logic.

Prince did it, but that was because he couldn't stop recording and simple made too much to release.

The announcement of Without Music is very unusual, absolute agree recording it while the muse is there is a wise decision and I'm sure the tracks are great, but announcing it was weird. I can't see the logic.
Well, he announced it to inform record labels (or "private investors"), to try to have it released.

I do wish he'd say something about the status of Bonfire.

Well, he announced it to inform record labels (or "private investors"), to try to have it released.

I do wish he'd say something about the status of Bonfire.

No possibility has arisen to release Morrissey's new music, and the 2021 album Bonfire Of Teenagers remains in the grasp of Capitol Records in Los Angeles, who have no plans to release it.

Ironic how BOT hasn't come out, and the following record starts with the words "Without Music". We are literally without music.

Please release Bonfire on a European label, fans in the US can import or Capitol might get going if there is momentum. Call up Noel, he has his own label, independent labels everywhere this is just ridiculous. Lloyd Cole has released all of his music on a German label Taptete records and they do an amazing job.

Please release Bonfire on a European label, fans in the US can import or Capitol might get going if there is momentum. Call up Noel, he has his own label, independent labels everywhere this is just ridiculous. Lloyd Cole has released all of his music on a German label Taptete records and they do an amazing job.
He absolutely needs to get over big labels.
Now, it does seem damn capitol still have the rights. But if what was originally stated on Morrissey Central was accurate, then Moz should still be able to release it in the UK? Surely Noel would be happy to help.

Then maybe there's some provision in his contract that says he cannot release it in the UK before capitol releases it...

I just can't believe that Morrissey, with his track record regarding labels, apparently sold the rights to his album to Capitol. They must have offered him a lot of money I presume?

I just can't believe that Morrissey, with his track record regarding labels, apparently sold the rights to his album to Capitol. They must have offered him a lot of money I presume?
Yeah. It's hard to believe.

BTW guys, somewhat related question, why isn't World Peace on Spotify?

Yeah. It's hard to believe.

BTW guys, somewhat related question, why isn't World Peace on Spotify?
Same record company, Harvest which is part of Capitol records :mad::poop: Sadly the deal included rereleases of YATQ, ROTT and WPINOYB which we will not see nay time soon either.

Tags
bonfire of teenagers

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom