Morrissey Central "BONFIRE OF TEENAGERS, RIP" (February 13, 2023) - Morrissey vs Capitol Records

20C9B95B-45BE-4406-B21F-065BD6184F78.jpeg

Capitol Records (Los Angeles) proudly promotes Sam Smith’s ‘satanism’; yet they consider the honest truth of Morrissey’s factual ‘Bonfire of Teenagers’ to be their biggest threat and they will not release it despite their contractual obligation and promise to do so.

Media coverage:

Last edited by a moderator:
I wasnt going to bring up the whole Right wing thing , as we know how that goes. It's like saying he's bi or gay . In spite of years worth of proof some feckers will still say he is straight .
M is pretty much a music version of Trump /Steven Crowder these days, - just look at the drama Crowder created due to a contract failure. Pure M.
Crowder also has had PJW on and according to a friend of mine who talks to M's gay homie who's always on FB, M is email buddies, with PJW
I didn't want to believe it but it makes sense - Russell Brand jumped ship , so he needed another social commentator to advertise him and PJW has been on the promotion trail for a couple of years

I think what happened to M is what happened to a guy I knew. He moved to LA , away from his UK friends and drifted away from himself and watched YouTube all day. Sure M doesn't live in the USA now but it's obvious M is a right wing YouTube fan- his channels seem to include, PJW , Styxhex and Alex stalker Belfield. You can not get more Trump friendly YouTube than that

Sam Smiths is a arsehat but going on about the Satan stuff is crazy right wing BS
It's like saying Marilyn Manson is the devil.

My son said "Dad, M may as well have said Capital dont want me cause I'm base , they want the matrix puppet Sam Smith spreading his groomer message. "
Lol
I don't think M is a Tory or a racist but these days his message is on point with most right wing vloggers .
Left wing / right wing - I thought John Lydon summed it up beautifully:

“I never thought I’d live to see the day when the right wing would become the cool ones giving the middle finger to the establishment, and the left wing becoming the sniveling self-righteous twatty ones going around shaming everyone.”

I reckon Moz would very much agree with that. The left these days despise the working class.

I would be doubtful that Moz would refuse to have Miley's vocals removed.
I can easily imagine him refusing to pay for it though. Would Capitol even have the master tape with the individual tracks on it to remix it themselves? Morrissey owns the recording and just licensed it to them, so I suspect all he gave them was the finished album mix, not all the individual track stems.

Is Miley just on 'Veronica', as I swear it sounds like female backing vocals are present on 'Rebels Without a Cause'. Maybe she's all over the damn album?

I can easily imagine him refusing to pay for it though. Would Capitol even have the master tape with the individual tracks on it to remix it themselves? Morrissey owns the recording and just licensed it to them, so I suspect all he gave them was the finished album mix, not all the individual track stems.

Is Miley just on 'Veronica', as I swear it sounds like female backing vocals are present on 'Rebels Without a Cause'. Maybe she's all over the damn album?
That's an interesting question. My guess is he may well have signed over the masters to Capitol as part of the licensing agreement. That is why the album is described as hidden / lost / dead. Otherwise Moz could just say - if you are not going to fulfil your part of the contract then the contract is null and I will take the album somewhere else.

“I never thought I’d live to see the day when the right wing would become the cool ones giving the middle finger to the establishment, and the left wing becoming the sniveling self-righteous twatty ones going around shaming everyone.”

I reckon Moz would very much agree with that. The left these days despise the working class.
"...the terms “left wing” and “right wing” were originally coined in reference to the physical seating arrangements of politicians during the French Revolution..." - https://www.history.com/news/how-did-the-political-labels-left-wing-and-right-wing-originate

A pretty arbitrary start.

On Sam Smith versus SPM Smith, Ultimate Guitar is one of many music pages covering Morrissey's note contrasting Capitol's treatment of his BOT album with their zeal for Sam Smith's new music, while adding a detail about Without Music The World Dies, that I don't remember seeing elsewhere i.e. that it is to arrive on September 30, 2023 - https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/new...wing_controversial_sam_smith_performance.html

I remember John Lydon also said in a interview The problem is we trust to many Politicians and we shouldn’t.They are a bunch of leeches parasites & I take great pleasure in dismissing them.They are all in it for themselves & they are like the new religion & run things like the Romans did divide conquer rule that is it.

In some ways I agree.

Oh nooooooo ! I've just imagined Miley screaming with her hoarse voice " Give me rest, give me rest..." :ahhh:

Will add this here as relevant.
Note: it also offers a release date for Without Music the World Dies:

"In the meantime, Morrissey has announced another new album, "Without Music the World Dies", to arrive on September 30, 2023."

(Coincidentally the day James Dean died).

Don't know where that date was plucked from though!?
Regards,
FWD.

"In the meantime, Morrissey has announced another new album, "Without Music the World Dies", to arrive on September 30, 2023."

Regards,
FWD.
I wondered about the date too, the Wiki entry does not have a date or a label

Seems strange to pluck that date out of thin air, no? They must have spoken to someone.

At this rate there's a good chance that it's going to come out before 'Bonfire of Teenagers'.

But Morrissey has said himself he is neither right wing nor left wing. He doesn`t believe in the system or politicians who are only in it for themselves and what they can get. I saw an interview with Morrissey long before all this right-wing controversy where he said he couldn`t understand why anyone would want to be president or any kind of leader.

Regards,
FWD.
Perhaps they asked "Adam Omega".

the humour of the post title just occurred to me! with everyone saying that central is just a site for posting death announcements, he decides to announce the death of his own album :lbf:

Sam Smiths is a arsehat but going on about the Satan stuff is crazy right wing BS
It's like saying Marilyn Manson is the devil.

My son said "Dad, M may as well have said Capital dont want me cause I'm base , they want the matrix puppet Sam Smith spreading his groomer message. "
Lol
I don't think M is a Tory or a racist but these days his message is on point with most right wing vloggers .

Totally agree. Sam Smith is a no-talent hack responsible for the worst Bond tune ever but accusing him of satanism is just ridiculous. Just another example of Morrissey playing to the far right playbook. Shame on him.

The quotes in "satanism" and the use of the word "factual" show that Morrissey is not adopting the far right wing rhetoric against Sam Smith, but that he is doing a very logical distinction between fake controversy, created by a plastic mainstream artist, and real controversy by an artist that, either you agree or not with his ideological beliefs, has arguments and dares to touch sensitive social matters.

In other words, Morrissey is accusing Capitol that they prefer to promote a silly concept of faux ambiguity (satanism) in order to gain public interest and make money instead of backing an artistic work that has the potential to create real social dialogue about an important issue (terrorism). As a left wing person, I disagree and I feel extremely uncomfortable with many of Morrissey's recent statements (especially his views about immigration and the backing of the extreme far right For Britain party), but I also hate cancel culture and the dictatorship of political correctness. It seems that McCarthyism is practised today by "progressive" circles.

So, what do we prefer? To be able to listen to Morrissey's music/lyrics and freely criticise him or to shut him up forever? I fear that we are moving fast towards the latter. And Morrissey will not be the only victim of clever silencing, many will follow. Maybe we will follow...

Last edited:
Boy? BOY!!! How very dare you!!!

I hear he wants to be a Fisherthem now too, stop the world I want to get off!
Bit of an insult to Sam if you ask me. We don’t know he’s ever falsely imprisoned anyone.

The quotes in "satanism" and the use of the word "factual" show that Morrissey is not adopting the far right wing rhetoric against Sam Smith, but that he is doing a very logical distinction between fake controversy, created by a plastic mainstream artist, and real controversy by an artist that, either you agree or not with his ideological beliefs, has arguments and dares to touch sensitive social matters.

In other words, Morrissey is accusing Capitol that they prefer to promote a silly concept of faux ambiguity (satanism) in order to gain public interest and make money instead of backing an artistic work that has the potential to create real social dialogue about an important issue (terrorism). As a left wing person, I disagree and I feel extremely uncomfortable with many of Morrissey's recent statements (especially his views about immigration and the backing of the extreme far right For Britain party), but I also hate cancel culture and the dictatorship of political correctness. It seems that McCarthyism is practised today by "progressive" circles.

So, what do we prefer? To be able to listen to Morrissey's music/lyrics and freely criticise him or to shut him up forever? I fear that we are moving fast towards the latter. And Morrissey will not be the only victim of clever silencing, many will follow. Maybe we will follow...
This is where a publicity person would be important, to advise him about not latching onto these right wing ideas even if he is not meaning to further a right wing idea. I think the Satan stuff is just silly, he should not have mentioned at all because Capitol is not choosing one over the other, there are legal issues wuth BOT that have to be resolved, or so it seems.

Come on, she might look like Pete Burns now but to say she has no talent is incorrect.
She admits that she can't sing. Did she write all her song (or was she in the room)? Don't get me wrong I like her music and like her. She is a MARKETING genius.

Tags
bonfire of teenagers

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom