Morrissey Central "BONFIRE OF TEENAGERS, RIP" (February 13, 2023) - Morrissey vs Capitol Records

20C9B95B-45BE-4406-B21F-065BD6184F78.jpeg

Capitol Records (Los Angeles) proudly promotes Sam Smith’s ‘satanism’; yet they consider the honest truth of Morrissey’s factual ‘Bonfire of Teenagers’ to be their biggest threat and they will not release it despite their contractual obligation and promise to do so.

Media coverage:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sam Smith Satanism Story

Why has this not made the main page? Funny, Sam Smith would never make fun a religion that he couldn't offend millions of people. What would be the point? Shocking only a few people is not worth it. If he mocked Muslims then he would be canceled.....if he mocked Christians that he is a applauded.

I do wonder though if it still may come out in April perhaps - at each turn morrissey has gone for the nuclear option. A delay in or shifting of the timelines in business is day to day, but to morrissey he could of interpreted it as this is not going to happen.
If it does eventually emerge, will Morrissey even support it, or will he be so pissed with Capitol he'll ask fans not to buy it? :unsure: If nothing else, he's got in his excuses early, and can blame Capitol for making a mess of the release when it fails to chart high enough for his liking.

All this trouble for the voice of someone I would have never guessed who she was, hadn't Morrissey mentioned her. My sister sings better.

I think we have Madonna to thank for all of this hypersexualized, fetishized imagery. She is the orginal no talent 'artist' who used sex to get famous and stay famous. Now she can't deal with aging and we see the effects. I blame MTV too, her videos were on constant rotation.

Last edited:
Maybe Capitol will release the album but it comes out without their mention? Is that legally possible?
I wondered the same. The problem might be everyone now knows it's her, and Capitol have apparently been told to remove her.

Some thoughts on all this...

1. Do we actually know that Capitol released RWA? The Spotify credits list the source as Morrissey, when this is usually EMI or Parlophone UK or similar (i.e. the record company). Just wondering, it seems odd. If Morrissey has done this himself, having been told Veronica was not coming out, that would explain no press release, promotion, etc. to accompany it.

2. My hunch is Capitol told Morrissey he would have to take Miley off Veronica because they legally hsve no choice, he has refused, and this is why Capitol won't release it - they would be sued. Incidentally, I should think the same would apply if he got a UK deal or even self released in the UK - permission would still be needed from whoever represents her in the UK.

Given where we are, and assuming only the recording was licenced to Capitol, I'd favour a live or re-recorded version of BOT - but unlikely unless he self releases it.
I would be doubtful that Moz would refuse to have Miley's vocals removed. I'm sure he would respect her decision as one artist to another. Sorry to put them in the same bracket, but you know what I mean. He would also understand that legally Capitol would be obliged to remove Miley's vocals at her request. The question is why she wanted her vocals removed. Was it just a contractual issue? Or was it more to do with not wanting to be associated with an album with such an inflammatory title track? The dig that she is not very punk rock suggests the latter. If it was the latter, did that then give Capitol the jitters? Or was additional pressure put on Capitol to kill the album and make it go away?

The question is why she wanted her vocals removed. Was it just a contractual issue? Or was it more to do with not wanting to be associated with an album with such an inflammatory title track? The dig that she is not very punk rock suggests the latter. If it was the latter, did that then give Capitol the jitters? Or was additional pressure put on Capitol to kill the album and make it go away?
This is the only "information" I have seen so far on this:

" In truth, Miley has backed off for reasons unconnected to me, having had a major clash with a key figure in 'the circle'. I cannot give any details about the private fight because … it is private, after all."

I think we have Madonna to thank for all of this hypersexualized, fetishized imagery. She is the orginal no talent 'artist' who used sex to get famous and stay famous. Now she can't deal with aging and we see the effects. I blame MTV too, her videos were on constant rotation.
Come on, she might look like Pete Burns now but to say she has no talent is incorrect.

At what point did any reference to UMG get removed from the RWA credits?

Sam Smith Satanism Story

Why has this not made the main page? Funny, Sam Smith would never make fun a religion that he couldn't offend millions of people. What would be the point? Shocking only a few people is not worth it. If he mocked Muslims then he would be canceled.....if he mocked Christians that he is a applauded.
Good. F**k Christians.

At what point did any reference to UMG get removed from the RWA credits?
Depends where you look (globally).
There's no clear evidence of this happening.
The 24-Bit FLAC I provided is still "℗ 2022 Morrissey, under exclusive license to UMG Recordings, Inc. © 2022 Morrissey" - as supplied by UMG to online portals. First reported here and then recorded on Discogs.
Some places are just ©Morrissey and initially, some were 'exclusively' provided by Capitol Records.
Regards,
FWD.

Didn’t we get introduced to that pic, albeit not in those colors, if colored at all, in The Severed Alliance ? Someone correct me if I’m wrong.
Yes, this b&w pic (& others) featured at the end of Chapter 6 of The Severed Alliance:

BOT sev-all.JPG

What's worrying is that the "Sam Smith Satanism" thing is basically coming from what right wing Christian evangelicals like Ted Cruz said about Smith's Grammy's performance the other day. Sounds to me like someone needs to "stop watching the news..."
I wasnt going to bring up the whole Right wing thing , as we know how that goes. It's like saying he's bi or gay . In spite of years worth of proof some feckers will still say he is straight .
M is pretty much a music version of Trump /Steven Crowder these days, - just look at the drama Crowder created due to a contract failure. Pure M.
Crowder also has had PJW on and according to a friend of mine who talks to M's gay homie who's always on FB, M is email buddies, with PJW
I didn't want to believe it but it makes sense - Russell Brand jumped ship , so he needed another social commentator to advertise him and PJW has been on the promotion trail for a couple of years

I think what happened to M is what happened to a guy I knew. He moved to LA , away from his UK friends and drifted away from himself and watched YouTube all day. Sure M doesn't live in the USA now but it's obvious M is a right wing YouTube fan- his channels seem to include, PJW , Styxhex and Alex stalker Belfield. You can not get more Trump friendly YouTube than that

Sam Smiths is a arsehat but going on about the Satan stuff is crazy right wing BS
It's like saying Marilyn Manson is the devil.

My son said "Dad, M may as well have said Capital dont want me cause I'm base , they want the matrix puppet Sam Smith spreading his groomer message. "
Lol
I don't think M is a Tory or a racist but these days his message is on point with most right wing vloggers .

Tags
bonfire of teenagers
Back
Top Bottom