Bonfire of Teenagers is over a year old

I really wish ppl like you (and that Mike Rourke) would stop plucking these percentage figures from thin air.
Do you have reliable data to support your "70%" assertion?
No, didn't think so...:rolleyes:it
Don't be dumb .
I was obviously joking .

I also couldn't give a shit if he is liked it not .

Going by figures that go around about how much he sells in terms of tickets and product and what anyone can see 70%, is being kind

Has anyone heard this album? Or does anyone know anyone who has? Can we hear it this year? Have I dreamt up the existence of this thing?
I haven't but was offered the chance to "come and listen " but I don't like the person so i'll wait

I have heard it's meant to be good though .

But then modern fans like dross like "what kind of people live in these houses "
So it's hard to say.

Based on the songs at the gigs I'm hopeful
The lp is definitely"out there "

I don't and never have thought he was racist, my personal view is that some of his comments were misguided due to him being disconnected from the vibe in the UK and thinking what he said about Anne Marie, Tommy Robinson etc was how a lot of his fan base thought. Unfortunately he was wrong and maybe an interview where he says that, would go a long way to restoring his reputation here.
I’d say the chances of any interview to redress the balance are none to slim. Slim being kind.

Have you heard the record FWD?

I really wish ppl like you (and that Mike Rourke) would stop plucking these percentage figures from thin air.
No, didn't think so...:rolleyes:

It's actually quantifiable. In 2016 he played Manchester Arena, capacity 21,000. This year, he is playing the O2 Apollo Manchester, capacity 3,500. That is actually a loss of 83.33%

I haven't but was offered the chance to "come and listen " but I don't like the person so i'll wait

I have heard it's meant to be good though .

But then modern fans like dross like "what kind of people live in these houses "
So it's hard to say.

Based on the songs at the gigs I'm hopeful
The lp is definitely"out there "
I’ll defer to people who know more about the music business on whether or not this record needs to see an official release soon before it leaks informally - and therefore making an official release redundant or unrealistic. If it does ‘leak’, it would presumably be a ‘contained’ one that is only accessible to industry people.

I’d like to pay for this thing out of respect for Moz.

I’m feeling pessimistic. I don’t think this one should just be shelved though. I’m very jealous of the folk who have a listen or three to it.

This 'insider' act is a bit old and boring

YOR & Quarry leaked digitally prior to their official release dates - both did ok despite that fact.
It is 'industry people' to blame for the majority of the indiscretion in the first place.
FWD.

(Should add: leaks 'hurting' sales is immaterial if they post the music on YT themselves as per most recent singles & albums).

I’ll defer to people who know more about the music business on whether or not this record needs to see an official release soon before it leaks informally - and therefore making an official release redundant or unrealistic. If it does ‘leak’, it would presumably be a ‘contained’ one that is only accessible to industry people.

I’m feeling pessimistic. I don’t think this one should just be shelved though. I’m very jealous of the folk who have a listen or three to it.

"defer to people who know more about the music business "

I can understand that but Personally, i think its a no-brainer isnt it ?
If it leaks he will sell fewer copies. Yes he may get a spike of interest But if he would release it himself he would get interest and money.
I guess he could aim to roll it into mythology
"it leaked 'cause the public wanted it. The music world tried to suppress it".
Kind of stupidness.

The record is out there. I know a few people in LA with it and also London . They are all trying to be responsible with it .
I would rather listen on my own.

Whatever, I forget people are so fanatical on here So anything that they don't like, they take as an attack.
When I speak about M's audience leaving, I don't take joyin it ..I'm just saying what I see. I was trying to be nice when I said 70%

Anyway, let's all hope gigs go well . Funny that London hasn't sold out. Fake runts live in London and Brighton

Last edited:
No, didn't think so...:rolleyes:
@Mike Rourke will never stop doing that. It's his life's work. Now that I'm apparently "obsessed" with him and his numbers he shows no signs of stopping. We can look forward to percentages galore plucked straight from where the sun don't shine from here on in.

Not only that, BMG signed Johnny Marr some months later, making his diversity claim look foolish. Maybe he has hurt feelings about it, leading to that open letter.
How does that make his diversity claim look foolish? Marr tows the line when it comes to wokeness so he qualifies where Morrissey does not.

It's actually quantifiable. In 2016 he played Manchester Arena, capacity 21,000. This year, he is playing the O2 Apollo Manchester, capacity 3,500. That is actually a loss of 83.33%
It is indeed - in winter 2018 the London leg included Ally Pally, Brixton Academy, Albert Hall and Palladium - total capacity around 22,000.
The upcoming 2022 tour is just Brixton and Palladium = 7,200. Palladium's sold out but Academy has plenty left. This is a drop of 67%.
It's not an exact sense, but the idea that he's hardly lost any fans is absolute delusion.

Last edited:
I think the trouble is some people seem to take glee in mentioning M's loss of followers
I mentioned on here a while ago , that I noticed in LA there aren't as many smiths/Moz nights. In fact, I haven't seen one Morrissey Night. they have all become Smiths nights.
That trend continues
The USA now has the same kind of view as the UK in the late 90s .
It still find it funny how he messed everything up , when he had it all on a plate with BMG, when Highschool came out.
It is what it is
Yes, indeed some people take glee. While others are just in denial. Tellingly, many if not most of the comments beneath the Facebook adverts for his UK tour are negative (mentioning racism, right-wing views etc) and they all pick up tons of 'likes' presumably from former fans. Admittedly, some of the comments are quite witty (Gammon on the streets of London!).
Personally, I would like a very clear retraction of the horrible political comments so that many of the thousands who've jumped ship and the radio stations who will no longer play his songs may at least potentially change their minds. I'd like the Bonfire album to come out (preferably with a different album title) and I'd love to hear the new Alain Whyte stuff. That's all!

Last edited:
Spent the Day in Bed was possibly his most commercially successful single since FOTGTD (if you look at streaming numbers, BOTCG also did well). So things could have gone the right way in 2017 if he had steered clear of political controversies and didn't have this apparent subconscious drive towards self sabotage. He must suffer from some kind of self-hatred, which is sad to see. Anyway it's always been an essential part of the whole package/mythology. "Now I am a was. I started at the top and I worked my way down".

Last edited:
I'd say it will be out in September to go with the UK tour then more live dates in December.

Hope so, but I doubt it. People thought the exact same about Cruel World and then the Vegas shows. You would also assume there would be at least one single released prior to the album release and we don't have any word on that either. I think if there was a release date we'd have heard by now.

Last edited:
Spent the Day in Bed was possibly his most commercially successful single since FOTGTD (if you look at streaming numbers, BOTCG also did well). So things could have gone the right way in 2017 if he had steered clear of political controversies and didn't have this apparent subconscious drive towards self sabotage. He must suffer from some kind of self-hatred, which is sad to see. Anyway it's always been an essential part of the whole package/mythology. "Now I am a was. I started at the top and I worked my way down".
Yes I know. If only he wasn't Morrissey and remained silent on issues important to him for fear of being maligned like most pop stars are he'd be right as rain.

It is indeed - in winter 2018 the London leg included Ally Pally, Brixton Academy, Albert Hall and Palladium - total capacity around 22,000.
The upcoming 2022 tour is just Brixton and Palladium = 7,200. Palladium's sold out but Academy has plenty left. This is a drop of 67%.
It's not an exact sense, but the idea that he's hardly lost any fans is absolute delusion.
So much information. We are so blessed.

I think the trouble is some people seem to take glee in mentioning M's loss of followers
I mentioned on here a while ago , that I noticed in LA there aren't as many smiths/Moz nights. In fact, I haven't seen one Morrissey Night. they have all become Smiths nights.
That trend continues
The USA now has the same kind of view as the UK in the late 90s .
It still find it funny how he messed everything up , when he had it all on a plate with BMG, when Highschool came out.
It is what it is
If only there were things called Google and Facebook where you could find all the Moz and Moz/Smiths nights :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom