Bona Drag reissue 4th Oct, remastered & extra tracks

Re: Bona Drag reissue 27th Sep, remastered & extra tracks

Could this be the final cover....(taken from E Bay)
Cheers Moz

Could this be the final cover....(taken from E Bay)
!B0stYSgCGk~$(KGrHqQOKk!E)PPnozHvBMbZYmt0Hg~~_35.JPG

Cheers Moz

Interesting.
Sexy-Victorian-mourner-Moz?!

Got the word that the German release date of Bona Drag will be Friday, 1st October for CD, 2-LP and Download.
thanks;)

Last edited:

did you got the price for the cd as well?

there's always someone, somewhere
with a big nose, who knows
and who trips you up and laughs
when you fall
who'll trip you up and laugh
when you fall

:p

Thanks for that Kewpie. You've always struck me as a lovely, well-balanced rounded personality, and not in the least bit obsessed, so I'm awfully glad you've helped to reinforce my view.

Wonder if Piccadilly Palare will get that extra verse put back in..

Sorry if this has been asked before, I couldn't be bothered to look through all the posts.

Has Moz patched things up with EMI?
Wasn't two minutes ago he was slagging of the reissues but now he's back in bed with EMI.

Sorry if this has been asked before, I couldn't be bothered to look through all the posts.

Wasn't two minutes ago he was slagging of the reissues but now he's back in bed with EMI.

I suppose so.

Mr Reynolds whose friend works at EMI told him that Morrissey attended a meeting in June this year which indicated they patched up.

Surely that can't be the cover. The pic is as expected, but that's the Quarry era font.

Well, it appears it is. It is now on Recordstore and play.com, as below, nicked from Play.com.

2rzb9u1.jpg

P.

Well, it appears it is. It is now on Recordstore and play.com, as below, nicked from Play.com.

2rzb9u1.jpg

P.

Obviously one will miss the true and trusted 'Cheltenham' font. As I said before the black blouse wouldn't have gone with the blue Death Valley sky, but if you switch it to white it's rather stark and bold. The new font is slightly different from the one he employed on some of the Quarry product; a bit more "Gothique".
Definitely has that air of Moz as a pallid Victorian lover in his diaphanous widows weeds, caught mid-swoon. Hence:

I made this point some time ago on this thread. He was urging us not to buy the two 7" vinyl Box Sets and the triple cd set as released without his blessing. Would be interesting to know now what he wants us to do with, apparently , even more reissues to come. IMHO , this is the huge price he has to pay in order to get a new record deal with EMI. This time, for his own sake, he could not simply say no. As they say... "One for you , one for me".:D
Cheers Moz

I made this point some time ago on this thread. He was urging us not to buy the two 7" vinyl Box Sets and the triple cd set as released without his blessing. Would be interesting to know now what he wants us to do with, apparently , even more reissues to come. IMHO , this is the huge price he has to pay in order to get a new record deal with EMI. This time, for his own sake, he could not simply say no. As they say... "One for you , one for me".:D
Cheers Moz

Very good point. Because now on the Official Moz Facebook page there are two profile pictures - on of the new Bona Drag cover, and the other is a cover pic from one of the box-sets he was urging us not to buy. I can only assume that the issue of the box-sets precipitated some brass tacks business discussions.

P.

I don't know the font exactly, there's so many that are intricately similar. But the font family is blackletter.

Is the cover change purely based on Morrissey's disdain for the orignal or in the hopes of selling a few more copies?

Tags
bona drag
Back
Top Bottom