Bona Drag reissue 4th Oct, remastered & extra tracks

Re: Bona Drag reissue 27th Sep, remastered & extra tracks

I've always wondered why "Sister I'm a Poet" wasn't on Bona Drag. It's easily a top 5 Morrissey track, would have fit in beautifully with the other songs, and is, of course, from that era.

I think it deserves a place on the re-issue.

Yeah, they should! After all Morrissey performed it for the first time at the 1988 Wolverhampton gig and I think that was the best performance he did of the song. Though I think the studio version sucks compared to the live version at 1988 gig, it misses Gannon's guitar and Rourke's bass :straightface:

bona.jpg

This is a bold statement. He's saying, "I'm not fake." by putting it back to the original color. This is kinda my favorite part of the rerelease.

What is everyone's favourite track on Bona Drag? For me it's Hairdresser On Fire!

Will Never Marry - for so so many reasons :(

It does seem a very appealing front cover for the buyers who are willing to buy the reissue!

By going down this way we are gonna have at some point the wedding anniversary of Viva Hate, Kill Uncle, Your Arsenal, and a bit further down the line You are the Quarry and so on. I do not mind at all the extra tracks but it feels very much reissue,repackage,extra tracks,deluxe editions which all smell of a lovely and attractive french parfume....Terre D' Hermes my top favourite!
Cheers Moz

....Terre D' Hermes my top favourite!

:thumb: Top scent that one.

What is everyone's favourite track on Bona Drag? For me it's Hairdresser On Fire!

This is tricky. 'November spawned a monster' and 'Will never marry' certainly touch a nerve with thier emotional outsider stance. I also love 'Yes, I am blind' as it's a great composition with some of his best lyrics. :confused:

would someone explain this Rick Astley photo thing please...

By going down this way we are gonna have at some point the wedding anniversary of Viva Hate, Kill Uncle, Your Arsenal, and a bit further down the line You are the Quarry and so on. I do not mind at all the extra tracks but it feels very much reissue,repackage,extra tracks,deluxe editions which all smell of a lovely and attractive french parfume....Terre D' Hermes my top favourite!
Cheers Moz
When he wrote "repackage, reissue, etc...." I don't think new was meaning re mastering. I don't think that wasn't a word then.

This is tricky. 'November spawned a monster' and 'Will never marry' certainly touch a nerve with thier emotional outsider stance. I also love 'Yes, I am blind' as it's a great composition with some of his best lyrics. :confused:

For me, it is probably "Yes I am Blind". When I first heard this song, blew me away. Very beautiful.

Hahah!! He should totally print up some tacky badges to go along with this LOLOLOLOL!!!!!1 Reissue repackage get it?????

Hahah!! He should totally print up some tacky badges to go along with this LOLOLOLOL!!!!!1 Reissue repackage get it?????

from the smiths box set thread archived

On the HMV website you can pre-order the vinyl re-issues...
http://hmv.com/hmvweb/navigate.do?pPageID=3575

.... And if you pre-order the 2CD edition of the Sound of The Smiths you also get HMV Exclusive Badge...

hehe so the badge extra was already done. i wonder if they really did this cause of the" paint a vulgar picture" song line( that they, a major company , get the irony) or if it is sth they did with other bands too

Last edited:

Ha yeah I know, I have said package with tacky badges and all, even. Edit: Oh wait, actually I don't, I was thinking of the singles 7" box.
It was more a reference to people who still think it's somehow witty to point out those lyrics when Moz reissues something.

Tags
bona drag
Back
Top Bottom