Bogota - Metropol (Mar. 17, 2012) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in. Beware of anonymous set list trolls!

Set List:

First Of The Gang To Die / How Soon Is Now? / You Have Killed Me / Alma Matters / Black Cloud / Let Me Kiss You / One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell / There Is A Light That Never Goes Out / Everyday Is Like Sunday / I Know It's Over / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / I Will See You In Far Off Places / You're The One For Me, Fatty / Speedway / Action Is My Middle Name / Meat Is Murder / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want / When Last I Spoke To Carol // Irish Blood, English Heart

set list provided by lindsey1151. Scan provided by morrisseyperu (more photos on the Morrissey Peru Facebook page)

Photos (18 total) by Santiago Roa - cartelurbano.com. Link posted by Revista Cartel Urbano's Facebook page.

bogota.jpg

Last edited:
I agree with you, unequivocally and absolutely. Apart from seeming to be a thoroughly dislikable person - both professionally and personally - Morrissey now just seems to be an unscrupulous, money-hungry wanker. Of course, he probably was always like this, but it's just more obvious now than it used to be. I think the Internet (and specifically this message board) has helped massively to demystify the "Morrissey" character he's been cultivating for public consumption over the years. I don't go to see him in concert anymore and, these days, I wouldn't dream of paying for his music - I just can't bear to give him any more of my money.

Perfect..

Yes, Moz seems to have lost his mind. There once was a time when I flew across the states to see him live- now I highly doubt I will see him even if he comes to my town. His ego seems to be unchecked these days, and he puts people who need jobs- i.e., his band- in positions where they are forced to humilate themselves playing nearly naked to make a living. Who else would do this? Even he doesn't do this.

I've also heard stories now from several people who crossed his path that he was unfriendly, dismissive, and more than a bit obnoxious. Add that to his public behavior, such as canceling a concert because a SINGLE fan threw a water bottle at him, and a very ugly portrait begins to appear.

I suppose he has enough money that he doesn't need to worry how many people he pisses off, but we the public should demand better from someone who we afforded to live an incredible lifestyle.

I simply no longer fund bad behavior, period. I hope the band grows a pair and quits.

One person's "unfriendly, dismissive, and more than a bit obnoxious" is simply another person's "shy, awkward, gauche". It's all a matter of perception NOT 'fact'. And as for dressing up the band, he's always placed himself within a specific visual/aesthetic context - it's not just the backdrop, it's the band too. Even the early lads were a case in point = pretty, petty thieves and rockabilly ruffians. To me, that was exactly the same kind of "dressing up". And let's not forget the outfits have been even more outlandish in the past - remember Boz in the sombrero and loincloth? That was a few years ago. Could it be that the band DON'T see it as "bullying"? Could it be that they see it as nothing more than a laugh because they understand SPM's eccentricities and visual references? No, of course not because that wouldn't fit the infantile "bash Morrissey at every opportunity" agenda of this increasingly pitiful site.

"I simply no longer fund bad behavior" - well you do because you'll continue to buy his music and see him live. Coming here to whine changes nothing.

I agree with you, unequivocally and absolutely. Apart from seeming to be a thoroughly dislikable person - both professionally and personally - Morrissey now just seems to be an unscrupulous, money-hungry wanker. Of course, he probably was always like this, but it's just more obvious now than it used to be. I think the Internet (and specifically this message board) has helped massively to demystify the "Morrissey" character he's been cultivating for public consumption over the years. I don't go to see him in concert anymore and, these days, I wouldn't dream of paying for his music - I just can't bear to give him any more of my money.

1) You know nothing.

2) Internet forums like this one populated by trolls and those who can't bear the fact that Moz has such a hold over their lives & memories hardly constitutes demystification. To attribute such insight to a site like this is deluded beyond belief.

3) You know nothing.

4) You wouldn't dream of paying for his music? Yeah right. If you didn't care, you wouldn't come here. People who come here to make pompous dismissive statements like you have are always deeply unconvincing.

5) You know nothing.

One person's "unfriendly, dismissive, and more than a bit obnoxious" is simply another person's "shy, awkward, gauche". It's all a matter of perception NOT 'fact'. And as for dressing up the band, he's always placed himself within a specific visual/aesthetic context - it's not just the backdrop, it's the band too. Even the early lads were a case in point = pretty, petty thieves and rockabilly ruffians. To me, that was exactly the same kind of "dressing up". And let's not forget the outfits have been even more outlandish in the past - remember Boz in the sombrero and loincloth? That was a few years ago. Could it be that the band DON'T see it as "bullying"? Could it be that they see it as nothing more than a laugh because they understand SPM's eccentricities and visual references? No, of course not because that wouldn't fit the infantile "bash Morrissey at every opportunity" agenda of this increasingly pitiful site.

Amen and thank you

1) You know nothing.

2) Internet forums like this one populated by trolls and those who can't bear the fact that Moz has such a hold over their lives & memories hardly constitutes demystification. To attribute such insight to a site like this is deluded beyond belief.

3) You know nothing.

4) You wouldn't dream of paying for his music? Yeah right. If you didn't care, you wouldn't come here. People who come here to make pompous dismissive statements like you have are always deeply unconvincing.

5) You know nothing.

Yes, there are people posting here who just want to wind-up Morrissey's fans, but to dismiss all critical discussion as the work of "trolls" is just crass generalisation. These message boards have allowed all manner of facts about Morrissey to be circulated and discussed in a way that Morrissey, quite hypocritically, would prefer to censor. I don't know that he's ever had "a hold over" me, but I certainly acknowledge that when I was a teenager, Morrissey was very influential on my view of the world, the opinions I formed and the choices I made - such is the relationship between a pop star and his/her fans. In times past, at least, that's how (and why) pop music worked; that's part of the reason why pop music was so popular for so long and that's why it was so important to the people who listened to it. I grew up, though. Ironically, perhaps, Morrissey's "bookish" persona inspired me (and possibly thousands of others) to read and to get an education. For that, I am truly grateful because, in my own case at least, it probably wouldn't have happened otherwise.

Unfortunately for Morrissey, though, education instills critical thinking and the need for reflection. In Morrissey, there is certainly much to question and criticise - not least the inconsistencies between his words and his actions. This is a man who preached that "meat is murder" while wearing leather shoes; a man who says racism is stupid but who also encourages the belief that the Chinese are a "subspecies"; a man who lauds the Internet for the freedom it allows ordinary people to express themselves while, simultaneously, he condemns them for doing so. Let's not forget, either, that he's spent his career railing against the music industry while at the same time being complicit with it (so that he could continue to be a part of it!). All of these things are - to put it charitably - discrepancies in his character and without Morrissey-solo and the Internet, more generally, they would be swept under the carpet and unexamined. Luckily, however, this place does exist, and it has narrowed the social distance between Morrissey, the star, and the people who listen to his music, reducing him (for some of us, anyway) from demigod to mere mortal.

Yes, there are people posting here who just want to wind-up Morrissey's fans, but to dismiss all critical discussion as the work of "trolls" is just crass generalisation. These message boards have allowed all manner of facts about Morrissey to be circulated and discussed in a way that Morrissey, quite hypocritically, would prefer to censor. I don't know that he's ever had "a hold over" me, but I certainly acknowledge that when I was a teenager, Morrissey was very influential on my view of the world, the opinions I formed and the choices I made - such is the relationship between a pop star and his/her fans. In times past, at least, that's how (and why) pop music worked; that's part of the reason why pop music was so popular for so long and that's why it was so important to the people who listened to it. I grew up, though. Ironically, perhaps, Morrissey's "bookish" persona inspired me (and possibly thousands of others) to read and to get an education. For that, I am truly grateful because, in my own case at least, it probably wouldn't have happened otherwise.

Unfortunately for Morrissey, though, education instills critical thinking and the need for reflection. In Morrissey, there is certainly much to question and criticise - not least the inconsistencies between his words and his actions. This is a man who preached that "meat is murder" while wearing leather shoes; a man who says racism is stupid but who also encourages the belief that the Chinese are a "subspecies"; a man who lauds the Internet for the freedom it allows ordinary people to express themselves while, simultaneously, he condemns them for doing so. Let's not forget, either, that he's spent his career railing against the music industry while at the same time being complicit with it (so that he could continue to be a part of it!). All of these things are - to put it charitably - discrepancies in his character and without Morrissey-solo and the Internet, more generally, they would be swept under the carpet and unexamined. Luckily, however, this place does exist, and it has narrowed the social distance between Morrissey, the star, and the people who listen to his music, reducing him (for some of us, anyway) from demigod to mere mortal.
I find your position puzzling. On the one hand you say that age and erudition has enabled you to distance yourself from the obsessive fandom of your youth but then you go on to say that by studying his behaviour and utterances you discover he's a fraud. Surely with this wonderful objectivity you have achieved you can concentrate on the music and not worry about all the other stuff, which is, lets face, just gossip and speculation. I don't expect much of the man myself other than decent records and in my opinion he delivers in this respect (although we could do with a new album).

Morrissey is a bully. Don't try and tell me every member of the band is happy to wear those pants even if Boz is happy dragging up. The t-shirts as uniforms are bad enough when they're just something like the Nico ones or NY Dolls ones from years ago but stupid 6th form slogans... And as for the pants... Oh please stop. Shame is the name...

Boz did that act in 1992 in the USA arsenal tour , Halloween

I'd rather wear those clothes inside, than shot outside in Colombia:rolleyes:

I find your position puzzling. On the one hand you say that age and erudition has enabled you to distance yourself from the obsessive fandom of your youth but then you go on to say that by studying his behaviour and utterances you discover he's a fraud. Surely with this wonderful objectivity you have achieved you can concentrate on the music and not worry about all the other stuff, which is, lets face, just gossip and speculation. I don't expect much of the man myself other than decent records and in my opinion he delivers in this respect (although we could do with a new album).

Hello Peterb. I don't think what I'm talking about is "just gossip". All the things I mentioned above (the leather shoes, the "subspecies" comments etc.) are all factual. Anyway, what I mean is that in the days before the Internet, before there were infinite opportunities for discussion, I would've been more likely to set aside as niggling doubts many of the discomfiting thoughts about Morrissey that I might have had and just tried to ignore them because the songs, and what he and they "stood for", meant something important to me. Perhaps subconsciously, I didn't want to become disillusioned.

As for making a distinction between the music and "the other stuff", yes I can do that, but only to an extent. The difficulty lies in the fact that, as Morrissey himself would probably contend, the music is the man and is, by definition, inseparable from him. For that reason, there's limited scope to enjoy the songs without appreciating the songwriter and if the songwriter compromises himself, as I believe he has, then the songs are somewhat spoiled. It's a bit like finding that Billy Bragg has been a card-carrying member of the Conservative Party for all these years.

"I simply no longer fund bad behavior" - well you do because you'll continue to buy his music and see him live. Coming here to whine changes nothing.

There are too many days now when it is obvious to any basically civilised person why the nickname 'so-low' applies.

There are too many days now when it is obvious to any basically civilised person why the nickname 'so-low' applies.

Because no "basically civilised person" would dare have the temerity to question or criticise Steven? He isn't actually God, you know.

For God sake - lighten up.

Hello Peterb. I don't think what I'm talking about is "just gossip". All the things I mentioned above (the leather shoes, the "subspecies" comments etc.) are all factual. Anyway, what I mean is that in the days before the Internet, before there were infinite opportunities for discussion, I would've been more likely to set aside as niggling doubts many of the discomfiting thoughts about Morrissey that I might have had and just tried to ignore them because the songs, and what he and they "stood for", meant something important to me. Perhaps subconsciously, I didn't want to become disillusioned.

As for making a distinction between the music and "the other stuff", yes I can do that, but only to an extent. The difficulty lies in the fact that, as Morrissey himself would probably contend, the music is the man and is, by definition, inseparable from him. For that reason, there's limited scope to enjoy the songs without appreciating the songwriter and if the songwriter compromises himself, as I believe he has, then the songs are somewhat spoiled. It's a bit like finding that Billy Bragg has been a card-carrying member of the Conservative Party for all these years.
Yeah, good response and fair enough. Reading back my post to you it's a bit 'holier than thou' so thanks for responding in a measured and thoughtful tone.

Amazing Tour.
Wish I could fly and support Morrissey and the band.

For get the red rose or the white rose. Michael's Bones will NEVER happen. I can tell you that for nothing - it just doesnt need an expert or a non-expert to tell you that !

In the same way that MY PERFECT COUSIN will never happen either.....................................

lol. Rock on.

I think BOz would not accept to parade on stage with just a pair of shorts on!! so he probably came up with the "drag" idea himself. Let hte guys have fun!. Having said that I wish he would just bye bye to the whole band as it is today and pick up a stronger band! a lot of really the tlaented change their band tour after tour.

I love Moz, but it's embarrassing to see him degrade his band and make them look like a joke. The thought of seeing one of my fave Smiths songs of all time (I Know It's Over) played by one man dressed like a woman and the others shirtless in yellow trunks makes me sick. If I were Boz (or any of them) I would tell him to f*** off. If it were one night, or halloween or something I could get over it, but this is becoming a sad train wreck.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom