Bobby Trendy

B

Bobby

http://www.bobbytrendy.com/index.html

It's official Bobby Trendy and Moz are an item!

> http://www.bobbytrendy.com/index.html It's official Bobby Trendy and Moz
> are an item!

anyone else baffled by what this guy/site is about?

> anyone else baffled by what this guy/site is about?

*raises hand*

> *raises hand*
If Morrissey and Bobby Trendy are an item im turning in my Morrissey fan club id card in today. Morrissey, anyone buy Bobby Trendy. It would explain the horrible fabric on his chairs.

If you want to see what Bobby Trendy is, watch the Anna Nicole Smith Show on E. I used to see him at the goth/alternative clubs in LA like 10 years ago when he used to wear cellophane and bubble wrap. He is boring.......

please don't even joke about that!

who would you guys actually like to see moz with, if he suddenly decided to bring his love affairs into public view? (no fair saying 1) anyone as long as they make him happy or 2) yourself.) guys and girls are eligible since we don't conclusively know our lovely moz's sexual preference.

If only I had the money I'd have him do an entire castle for me

Love,

Millie

bedding_splash_1_10.jpg

Re: Well....

> who would you guys actually like to see moz with, if he suddenly decided
> to bring his love affairs into public view?

Since I can't say myself, I'd have to say one of my generous friends who wouldn't mind sharing her man with me every once in awhile.
If that wasn't possible, then Tori Amos. Then they could do a duet together and my life would be complete and I could die happy.

good answer. i'd have to go with jesus, because i feel like being blasphemous today. well okay, maybe not. wouldnt a pairing between james dean and moz be delicious? (not dead james dean, duh. moz may be a lot of things, but a necrophile he is not - at least johnny rogan never mentioned such a thing.) so let's amend my rules to say any person living or dead.

> good answer. i'd have to go with jesus, because i feel like being
> blasphemous today. well okay, maybe not. wouldnt a pairing between james
> dean and moz be delicious? (not dead james dean, duh. moz may be a lot of
> things, but a necrophile he is not - at least johnny rogan never mentioned
> such a thing.) so let's amend my rules to say any person living or dead.

The odd couple: Moz and Moby

the scary thing is that could happen if 1) moby wasnt quite so ugly and 2) moby wasn't so very militantly christian.

good answer though!

wasnt there some rumour that moz wanted moby to produce his album? or am i smoking crack?

Moby didn't fancy it

He did want Moby to produce his album. But Moby didn't want to, he made some excuse that he doesn't see himself being able to produce anyone's stuff other than his own. But there are two other factors involved, one is that he is apparently a big Smiths fan but not so much a fan of Morrissey's solo work, and second, no serious producers want to work with Morrissey unless he gets new musicians in. Steve Lillywhite did it more as a favour because he knew Moz through Kirsty. I know you and many others will think this is just slagging the band off but it isn't, it's true, they're not at all respected in the business.
I did feel really bad for him when Moby said he didn't want to do it, I like Moz to get what he wants.

Re: Moby didn't fancy it

what a pity. i can understand your point and you didnt say anything nasty about the lads, unlike a lot of people. isn't criticism a lot easier to swallow when it's not all bitchy-like? why arent the lads so respected exactly? i mean, it's not like they're terrible musicians and they have written some great songs for moz. i'm not being confrontational. i'd sincerely like to know.

> He did want Moby to produce his album. But Moby didn't want to, he made
> some excuse that he doesn't see himself being able to produce anyone's
> stuff other than his own. But there are two other factors involved, one is
> that he is apparently a big Smiths fan but not so much a fan of
> Morrissey's solo work, and second, no serious producers want to work with
> Morrissey unless he gets new musicians in. Steve Lillywhite did it more as
> a favour because he knew Moz through Kirsty. I know you and many others
> will think this is just slagging the band off but it isn't, it's true,
> they're not at all respected in the business.
> I did feel really bad for him when Moby said he didn't want to do it, I
> like Moz to get what he wants.

I'm not too sure, all I know is what I've heard from a couple of friends at a record company in London and according to them, Morrissey could have been signed years ago if he would have dropped the band - well knowing what he's like he probably would have made some crazy demands that would have messed up the deal anyway, but at least he would have had a lot more offers.
People say that they're not good enough songwriters to be in charge of writing his music, and although they're reasonable musicians, they're not really of the calibre they would expect someone in Morrissey's position to be working with.
People are kind of mystified as to why he sticks with them.
It sounds like in the industry they lay most of the blame for Maladjusted and Southpaw underacheiving on the lack of quality songwriting on the part of the band, so no one is willing to take the risk of letting them have another go. That's why he's ended up on Sanctuary instead of a major label (everyone's saying he IS signed to them, or as good as), no one wants to make a big investment when they aren't convinced the songs will be any good, and it doesn't help that he won't let people hear the demos - although I don't know if they would be reassured by what they heard anyway.
On a happier note, people in the business generally seem to have a lot of faith that with the right songwriters involved, Morrissey could still be a force to be reckoned with! Everyone wants to see him succeed and thinks he's still capable of it, which is nice, but it seems like he really is his own worst enemy.
Lets just hope this next album will be great and he'll be back on the right track again one way or another.

well i guess that makes sense to an extent. for once im not going to get all up in arms.

but dont you think it's funny how they worry about the caliber of moz's songs yet they still put out shit like britney spears and atomic kitten?! we live in a very stupid world indeed. i mean, you've got to admit that moz's worst song ever is still about infinity times better than most stuff that's popular today!

> I'm not too sure, all I know is what I've heard from a couple of friends
> at a record company in London and according to them, Morrissey could have
> been signed years ago if he would have dropped the band - well knowing
> what he's like he probably would have made some crazy demands that would
> have messed up the deal anyway, but at least he would have had a lot more
> offers.
> People say that they're not good enough songwriters to be in charge of
> writing his music, and although they're reasonable musicians, they're not
> really of the calibre they would expect someone in Morrissey's position to
> be working with.
> People are kind of mystified as to why he sticks with them.
> It sounds like in the industry they lay most of the blame for Maladjusted
> and Southpaw underacheiving on the lack of quality songwriting on the part
> of the band, so no one is willing to take the risk of letting them have
> another go. That's why he's ended up on Sanctuary instead of a major label
> (everyone's saying he IS signed to them, or as good as), no one wants to
> make a big investment when they aren't convinced the songs will be any
> good, and it doesn't help that he won't let people hear the demos -
> although I don't know if they would be reassured by what they heard
> anyway.
> On a happier note, people in the business generally seem to have a lot of
> faith that with the right songwriters involved, Morrissey could still be a
> force to be reckoned with! Everyone wants to see him succeed and thinks
> he's still capable of it, which is nice, but it seems like he really is
> his own worst enemy.
> Lets just hope this next album will be great and he'll be back on the
> right track again one way or another.

Yeah, it is pretty sick, but then if Morrissey's albums sold as many as Britney's, he could do whatever he liked and still have the record companies eating out of his hand, he could have his cat write his songs and they would lap it up! I'll never understand who buys that crap, when I was a kid I had good taste in music and so did my friends, we would never have listened to that.
But we don't need to worry too much about Moz, he always lands on his feet. And sounds like he's having enough fun these days that he'll be doing this for a while yet

buddha be praised!

and i know what you mean. i had so-so taste as a kid. okay, okay, i had horrible taste. but to my credit, i hated both debbie gibson and new kids on the block. therefore, i think i would have hated britney as a child. i mean, i was pretty young when she hit the scene (14/15ish) and i still hated her whereas many of my peers idolised her. pretty scary.

but you're right. moz will always (deservedly) have a loyal audience and people will always buy his albums as long as he keeps making him.

that being said, i truly believe he could have had a record deal at any time all along. maybe it's like you said, and he would have had to bend a little and give up some artistic control (or dump the lads), but record companies recognise his genius - and they know about his fanbase.

> Yeah, it is pretty sick, but then if Morrissey's albums sold as many as
> Britney's, he could do whatever he liked and still have the record
> companies eating out of his hand, he could have his cat write his songs
> and they would lap it up! I'll never understand who buys that crap, when I
> was a kid I had good taste in music and so did my friends, we would never
> have listened to that.
> But we don't need to worry too much about Moz, he always lands on his
> feet. And sounds like he's having enough fun these days that he'll be
> doing this for a while yet

Back
Top Bottom